This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

WWII-era mass grave of "Nazi collaborators"

Discussions about more recent history

WWII-era mass grave of "Nazi collaborators"

Postby AlexelA » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:36 pm

LJUBLJANA, Slovenia — The bodies of about 700 people killed in the wake of World War II have been discovered in a mass grave in Slovenia, 65 years after they were herded into the woods and slain by antifascists seeking revenge on Nazi collaborators, an official said Tuesday.

Marko Strovs, who heads the government's commission for exhuming mass graves, told The Associated Press that researchers examined a pit in a forest near the town of Prevalje in the country's northeast last week and found the remains.

"Based on what we've heard from local people and what we've seen so far, there could be about 700 bodies buried inside," Strovs said.

Thousands of Nazi collaborators were executed by communist-backed antifascists after the war; in many cases, victims also included innocent civilians. Communist authorities in the former Yugoslavia, which included Slovenia until it dissolved in 1991, played down or denied postwar slayings, though other mass graves have since been found.

Strovs said the 21-meter (70-foot)-long by 3-meter (10-feet)-wide pit contains the bodies of men and women. Initial findings are that their hands were tied behind their backs.

"Some of the victims were shot; some seem to have been killed by a tool, possibly an ax," he said, adding that at least some of the victims were civilians, based on the types of shoes they were wearing.

Details of the 1945 slaying in the Prevalje forest have circulated in the area for years, after a boy reportedly witnessed the executions while hiding in a tree. He has since died, but recent floods caused a landslide that revealed some of the bones, prompting last week's probe. Some of the victims were likely from neighboring Austria, local residents said.

The process of exhumation will begin once a district prosecutor approves it.

The discovery follows several others. In 2003, a farmer unearthed remains in eastern Slovenia, where villagers claimed hundreds of Nazi soldiers and civilians were killed and buried. In 1999, experts found a grave with about 1,000 bodied while building a highway near Maribor in northeastern Slovenia.

Slovenia was a route to the West for many from Yugoslavia who tried to flee post-war reprisals. Many were turned back from Austria and killed as they crossed back over the border.
AlexelA

Re: WWII-era mass grave of "Nazi collaborators"

Postby matthewott » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:53 pm

Apparently since they were only "nazi collaborators", these massacres are acceptable. What a jewish whitewash. Obviously it should read "white Christians", but how much more of a reaction would that garner from this flouridated public? It would probably be met with cries of "Lies! They're probably jews from the holocaust!" by judaeo xtians themselves. The absolute demoralization and destruction of our race is absolutely maddening! So frustrating...I feel like a warrior on the front lines, being witheld by the general, watching my enemies massacre my people, and can only yell "Get out of there!", until I'm given the "go" sign...which possibly won't be given in my lifetime. While I personally believe I will be alive to see my General lead us to war, I still need to abide by his rules and simply warn my brethren to wake up and remove themselves from the Babylonian massacre. Yahshua, your people cry out to You! Please come back to us, humble us, and enforce your will!
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
matthewott

Return to Modern History