This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Anti-Christ Holiday Season

Anti-Christ Holiday Season

Postby LouisianaMan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:42 pm

Greetings Kinsmen!

I just wanted to do some ranting about the up and coming Anti-Christ holiday season that is fast approaching.
Locally here in my neighborhood Halloween stores are open for business. I've already seen Halloween junk out for sale as early as late August. I saw an ad this morning on the jew-tube for some jewish furniture store having their "Black Friday" sale early (this week-end) On the same jew-tube the local media whores are reporting that people are already shopping for Christmas (anti-Christ mass). So, we have Halloween coming up with local schools, and some Judeo-Christian churches taking part. They call it a harvest festival instead of Halloween. Thanksgiving is given lip service, and is promoted as a day of gluttony instead of being thankful to God. "let's just gorge ourselves on Thursday, hop in the car and begin the Black Friday ceremony (many stores will be open Thanksgiving evening, all night! or earlry the next morning at 4:00 AM" Following Christmas and New years will be Super Bowl and if you live in New Orleans you can begin getting ready for Mardi Gras.

As for myself and my lovely wife we may fast and pray on Thanksgiving, as we have skipped Christmas now for 4 or five years. Thank God for Sheldon Emry for writing his book on Is Christmas Christian?

Anyway, I just wanted to sound off concerning this topic.
LouisianaMan

Re: Anti-Christ Holiday Season

Postby Nayto » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:05 pm

"Holiday season" is one of those things which are so easy to avoid. Some of us struggle in varying amounts to remove ourselves from the world, but this is one of those areas where there really is no excuse. If we can't manage the smaller things in life, how will we cope when God entrusts to us the bigger things?

Incidentally, they're trying to push Halloween here in South Africa more and more as time goes on. It was never really a big thing here.
Nayto

Return to Feasts and Calendar Issues