This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

My Introduction to the Temple Calendar

My Introduction to the Temple Calendar

Postby John » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:17 am

The Biblical calendar is an absolute conundrum. Anybody who honestly and thoroughly investigates it will agree with this statement.

After reading many different opinions over two years regarding the Biblical calendar, I was more or less convinced of one version for a time. However, of the many, many permutations you look at, there is always some or other detail that doesn’t gell. After I was eventually disillusioned with the most convincing version, I almost gave up in despair of ever getting definitive proof of the true Biblical calendar.

Very reluctantly I started a third year – looking at it from another view which I discovered a few people were promoting on the internet. Surprisingly, battling against the main stream, this stifled voice proved very interesting and promising, easily debunking its main competitors ! Unfortunately it also had some details that didn’t gell with the overall Biblical picture.

During this stage I had also spent some time confirming the Dead Sea Scroll’s calendar, and it was through this third year that I kept thinking a process of elimination might reveal the Biblical calendar. I kept on pushing this thought aside however, until I again despaired of ever “proving” a Biblical calendar.

That’s when I finally said to myself “OK, lets give this process of elimination a go !

Looking at the relevant Biblical area in which to apply this logic, certain generally accepted but erroneous preconceptions immediately became apparent. We have to be brutally honest with ourselves: We cannot continue to blindly accept other peoples ground rules without question. People who do this (like I admittedly also did) cannot see the wood for the trees. We cannot assume what anybody says is correct, no matter what authority they are, or claim to be !

We cannot leave one stone unturned, and cannot leave anyone to stand on any stones for fear of dethroning them ! We have to test and prove everything ! It’s like your money: If you don’t guard and spend it wisely yourself, someone else will do it for you. If you don’t carefully bring up your children in the right way, the state, Hollywood or someone else will do it for you . . . Do you trust them with your money, your children, and also your soul ?!

Having said all that, please, I urge you to take pen to paper and prove “The Temple Calendar” logic for yourself:

Write 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 . . . to 30 across the top of the page.

Remember, the Feast of Unleavened Bread is from day 15 to day 21.

Read the following, and when indicated mark off the established days from the top of your page !

Proving the Sabbaths and the Omer date:

When Yahweh gave instructions concerning His feasts, He started with the weekly Sabbath:

“Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of Yahweh in all your dwellings.”
( Leviticus 23: 3 )

In other words no work may be done on the weekly Sabbath, servile or otherwiseno kindling a fire (cooking) for employers or ourselves – no working for ourselves or anyone else: in all our dwellings !
Many daily functions in the Temple required work and the kindling of fire. Only in the Temple of the “Lord of the Sabbath” was this rule in the Law of Moses not applicable, as it was not our dwelling !

Most “High Day” Sabbath festivals also required work and/or the kindling of fire in our dwellings – only servile work was prohibited on these days, thus allowing other work, and therefore they could not fall on the calendars weekly Sabbaths ! More specifically, except for the Day of Atonement when no work at all was allowed, on all the Feast days only servile work was forbidden, thus allowing other work and therefore, to repeat, they could not fall on the calendars weekly Sabbaths ! This includes the first and seventh day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, Pentecost or the Feast of First Fruits, the Day of Trumpets, the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles, and the Last Great Day ( the “eighth day” – the day after the seventh day of the Feast of Tabernacles ).

Only on the Day of Atonement was no work allowed at all, but Yahweh also says that all these feasts and holy convocations, including the Day of Atonement, are apart from the normal weekly Sabbaths, they are: “ . . . Beside the sabbaths of Yahweh, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto Yahweh . . .” ( Leviticus 23: 38 ).
I.e. a “High Daycannot fall on a normal weekly Sabbath !High Days” are normal work days that have been made a Sabbath ! If these feasts and holy convocations could ever be on any weekly Sabbath in which no work may be done at all, Yahweh need not have said “no work” or, “no servile work” may be done on these days, neither would He have said that they were all always:Beside(s) the (weekly) sabbaths of Yahweh”.

So, except for the fire and offerings prepared and made in the Temple, if any of the following things fell on the calendars weekly Sabbaths, then that calendar was incorrect and therefore is still incorrect:

• Separating the Passover lamb from the flock.
• Preparing the home, Passover lamb and venue in both the first and second month Passover.
• Roasting the Passover lamb. 1st & 7th day of Feast of Unleavened Bread – “no servile work”.
• Cutting/reaping the Omer/Wave Sheaf.
• Festival of First Fruits and therefore also Pentecost – “. . . unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days . . .” – there are only the weekly Sabbaths in the third month for Pentecost to follow after, so the Pentecost count and reaping of the Omer has to start after a weekly Sabbath in Abib: not after a Festival Sabbath/High Day !
• Day of Trumpets “no servile work”. Day of Atonement: “Beside(s) the (weekly) sabbaths”.
• First day of the Feast of Tabernacles – “no servile work” ( but allows cutting down branches etc. to make booths ), and the following “eighth day” – “Last Great Day” “no servile work”.

Therefore if any of these things do fall on the weekly Sabbaths, then that calendar is incorrect !

Determining Wave Sheaf Day and Weekly Sabbaths in Abib by the Process of Elimination:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

If separating the Passover lamb on the 10th Abib cannot be done on the weekly Sabbath, then the 3rd, 10th, 17th, and 24th Abib on any calendar also cannot be a weekly Sabbath.

If the Passover preparation day on the 14th Abib cannot be on a weekly Sabbath, then the 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th Abib on any calendar also cannot be a weekly Sabbath.

If roasting a lamb into the evening of the Passover feast on the 15th Abib cannot be a weekly Sabbath, then the 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th Abib on any calendar also cannot be a weekly Sabbath. ( This rules out the lunar based calendar ! ) On the first and also seventh day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread “ . . . no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man must eat, that only may be done of you . . . ” ( Exodus 12:16 ), thus allowing the continued roasting of the Passover lamb after sunset.

If reaping the Omer ( Wave Sheaf Day ) has to occur after the weekly Sabbath within the seven day Feast of Unleavened Bread, this leaves only four days in the Feast to place it, and one is its Sabbath:

There are only the weekly Sabbaths in the third month for Pentecost to follow after, so the Pentecost count and reaping of the Omer has to start after a weekly Sabbath as well !

The 15th, 17th and 21st Abib within the Feast of Unleavened Bread are already eliminated as weekly Sabbaths. Therefore the 16th and 18th within the Feast of Unleavened Bread cannot be “the day after the Sabbath” to reap the Omer.

That only leaves the 19th or 20th to reap the Omer within the Feast of Unleavened Bread.

The 21st Abib is also the last and seventh day of unleavened bread when only “no servile work” may be done. This applies to the Omer start of the grain harvest. This means that the 20th cannot be the weekly Sabbath and therefore the 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th Abib on any calendar also cannot be a weekly Sabbath.

The 19th is the only day left over within the Feast of Unleavened Bread to reap the Omer. This means that the 18th Abib is the weekly Sabbath following which the Omer is reaped.

After the third day, the 18th is the resurrection centre of the Feast of Unleavened Bread: For the whole year every 7th day before and after is a Sabbath !

If the 18th is a weekly Sabbath, then the 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th are the weekly Sabbaths in Abib and agrees with the DSS’s starting the first day of the year, on the fourth day of the week !

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Cutting the Omer is the first reaping beginning the grain harvest and its grain is waved in the Temple. The harvesters prepared it in the field before the weekly Sabbath by tying the grain into bundles ready to cut. After the weekly Sabbath, straight after sunset, they cut and reaped the Omer and the grain was given to the priest: “ on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.” ( Leviticus 23: 11 ).

If however, reaping the Omer falls after the weekly Sabbath following the Feast of Unleavened Bread, then applying the same logic again leaves four days in this week unaccounted for:

They are the 23rd, 25th, 26th, and 27th. One of these days has to be a Sabbath, and the Omer has to be waved the following day. The Omer also can only be waved on the 24th, 26th, or 27th, because the 24th is a non-Sabbath work day and the 25th therefore cannot be the wave sheaf day. There is no way of pinpointing whether it is waved on the 24th, 26th, or 27th, unless we agree with the Dead Sea Scroll’s calendar starting the year on the fourth day of the week, as indicated by Genesis 1:14–19. In this case the weekly Sabbaths of Abib are still the 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th, and therefore the Omer is waved on the 26th, the day after the last Sabbath. The uncorrected solar calendar of the Dead Sea Scroll’s shows it this way, but it is not the way the Temple Sadducees practiced it – as shown above the Temple Sadducees started the Pentecost count one week earlier, with the Omer/Wave Sheaf on the 19th Abib after the weekly Sabbath within the Feast of Unleavened Bread:

Christ Himself did not contest the Sadducee calendar practices for all of the weekly Sabbaths, Omer wave sheaf, and Festivals – and He attended them according to the Temple calendar of the Sadducees themselves !

As shown the 19th was the only day left over within the Feast of Unleavened Bread to reap the Omer. This means that the 18th Abib is the weekly Sabbath following which the Omer is reaped.

After the third day, the 18th is the resurrection centre of the Feast of Unleavened Bread:

For the whole year every 7th day before and after the resurrection 18th Abib, is a Sabbath !

( Click here to see all of The Temple Calendar : http://www.declarethedecree.com/the_temple_calendar.doc )
John

Re: My Introduction to the Temple Calendar

Postby NicoChristian » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:34 am

Thanks for that, I downloaded the calendar and will use it. I've often had problems with dates, Sabbaths, etc. I do my best, but it's often not easy, the problem we have is that we're not an institutionalized church and do not have regular churches and pastors to guide people in their local communities. I think if we had something like this it would be beneficial to our people provided the teaching was Biblical.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Postby John » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:33 pm

Thanks for the positive response Nico.
At least one positive response makes all the hard work worthwhile !
I really feel that I have been shown something AMAZING, and am trying to share it with all our people.
John

Postby GermanSaxon » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:30 pm

John says "The Biblical calendar is an absolute conundrum."

Have you looked at :

http://www.firstchurchoftheinternet.org ... idays2.htm

This series is written by William Strittmatter who wrote the original Bible Law Course for CI. This is his website.
German Saxon
GermanSaxon

Postby John » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:13 pm

Thanks for the link, German Saxon, I will go through the site.

I did say that "The Biblical calendar is an absolute conundrum." That is a stage every serious student of this subject gets to sooner or later when they can’t explain all the apparent contradictions. At that point I was privileged to be given an approach which I haven't seen anyone else use. AMAZINGLY it confirms the Dead Sea Scroll’s solar calendar, and must have been the way they logically looked at it at the time of Christ. However, they differed from the Temple Sadducees over the Omer and Pentecost count. I have gone with the Sadducee version because Christ never disputed their Omer date and consequent Pentecost. I believe all the weekly Sabbaths, Day of Atonement and other Feast Days were the same however. Hopefully you did the logic exercise in the post.

Yes, I think that I did come across http://www.firstchurchoftheinternet.org theory that “The Last Supper” was a Passover according to a solar calendar. Other solar as well as lunar sites also claim that “The Last Supper” was a Passover. Although I agree that the Biblical calendar was solar based, there are a few aspects of “The Last Supper” which many people point out in proving that it was not a Passover ! I have also indicated these in the inspiring compilation of “The Passover Lamb of God” here: http://www.declarethedecree.com/marriag ... nkpg93.doc. I hope you can get into the prose and feel the story come to life !
John

Postby John » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:28 pm

PS.

I had a look at a couple of pages of http://www.firstchurchoftheinternet.org and immediately learnt that Pontius Pilot’s washing of hands in Christ’s case of innocent blood, was based on Mosaic Law ! It looks like an interesting site, and no doubt I will learn a lot more as I find the time to proceed through it over the next week or two.

However, after Pontius Pilot washed his hands and handed Christ over to “them”, in his chronology of events the author assumes an extra day between and within verses of all four Gospels. This is his way of explaining the disparity of a 15th Abib Passover Feast and the 14th Abib last supper of Christ, which he also assumes was a Passover Feast probably based on Exodus 12:18.

If the “Last Supper” was a Passover according to Exodus 12:18, then they would have eaten unleavened bread that day and up until the twenty first, making it a total of eight days and not seven days ! The Gospel Greek indicates that they ate leavened bread and that Christ made a “sop” with the bread for Judas. There are other things which indicate that “The Last Supper” was not a Passover Feast !

The contradiction within Exodus 12:18 is explained by looking up the “fourteenth” in this verse. It is Strong's #6240 and means the Hebrew equivalent of “teenth” , of thirteenth, fourteenth, fifteenth, sixteenth, seventeenth, eighteenth or nineteenth. It appears that the Masoretic text conveniently ‘neglected’ to transcribe what “teenth” it was from the originals they then ‘lost’. Therefore the “four” of “fourteenth” should be in italics to indicate that it is an insertion. The seven days of unleavened bread to the twenty-first in the same verse, indicates that they made an ‘error’ and it should definitely read “fifteenth” to comply with the leavened bread calculation within the verse, and also other verses in the Bible.
John

Postby John » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:11 pm

CORRECTION: I somehow made a mistake. The day after the seven days unleavened bread (the eighth day) is a High Day Sabbath. This reflects the Last Great Day, the eighth day, in the seventh month. The website has been corrected. Hopefully I didn’t make any other slipups.

Sorry NicoChristian, you and any other viewers will have to download it again with the correction.
John

Postby John » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:50 am

Another slipup:

My apologies to everyone:

It has been pointed out to me that I did not notice the Strong’s #0702 after the #6240. This means that the “teenth” is preceeded by a “four” thus correctly making it “fourteenth!

My apologies again !

How does this effect the 14th/15th issue in the Passover ?

“In the first <07223> month, on the fourteenth <06240> <0702> day <03117> of the month <02320> at even <06153>, ye shall eat <0398> (8799) unleavened bread <04682>, until the one <0259> and twentieth <06242> day <03117> of the month <02320> at even <06153>.” (Exodus 12:18)

Ifat even” refers to the beginning of the fourteenth after sunset, for seven days until the same time on the “one and twentieth day”, this means that no leavened bread can be eaten on the fourteenth, although leavened bread was eaten at the “Last Supper”. This also means that leavened bread can be eaten on the twenty first day because it is after the seventh day of unleavened bread, the eighth day.

Ifat even” refers to the first going down of the sun starting at midday, the same principle applies to half of the fourteenth day and half the twenty first day. ( I personally don't believe that there is a change of day at midday.)

Ifat even” refers to the second going down of the sun starting at sunset, this scenario ensures that no leavened bread is eaten from the beginning of the fifteenth for seven full days to the end of the twenty first day ! This also explains why leavened bread was eaten at the “Last Supper!

Although I was wrong about the “fourteenth” translation, and am grateful for the correction, this last scenario still supports the view that the “Last Supper” was not a Passover Feast, and that the Passover is killed on the Preparation day of the fourteenth at 3pm, and eaten sometime after sunset on the night of the fifteenth !

Like with the start of the month and the start of the day, it seems that this 14th/15th issue will always be in dispute. Has there been tampering here as in other places ? They have to be resolved somehow or other sooner or later, but the preponderance of evidence in favour of one or the other has to decide in the meantime.

We also need to forget about the Pagan Roman calendar !

The 18th was a Biblical seventh day weekly Sabbath.

The 10th was a Biblical sixth day.

The 14th, 15th, 16th, and 17th were the Biblical 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th days respectively of the Biblical week.

The 19th Abib was the firstfruits/Omer after the 18th weekly Sabbath.

Christ was crucified on the 14th, in the tomb at sunset starting the 15th, and after the 17th sunset He rose after a full three days: on the 18th weekly Sabbath asLord of the Sabbath!

This is what this process of elimination proves, and confirms the Dead Sea Scroll’s calendar !

We must not allow ourselves to be confused by the Passover/Easter mind games played using the Pagan Roman calendar.

Why must we try and reconcile the Bible to a pagan calendar ?

If you really want to see exactly HOW THEY CHANGED THE PASSOVER CRUCIFIXION AND FIRST OF SABBATHS TO GOOD FRIDAY AND EASTER SUNDAY, go to page 9 of “The Temple Calendar” at: http://www.declarethedecree.com/the_temple_calendar.doc
John

Postby John » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:51 pm

John wrote:CORRECTION: I somehow made a mistake. The day after the seven days unleavened bread (the eighth day) is a High Day Sabbath. This reflects the Last Great Day, the eighth day, in the seventh month. The website has been corrected. Hopefully I didn’t make any other slipups.

Sorry NicoChristian, you and any other viewers will have to download it again with the correction.

I have been a bit too embarrassed to come back and now say that I was correct the first time, and that this "CORRECTION" was not necessary. I have been on another forum where they have misquoted the Feast of Unleavened Bread to reflect the Feast of Tabernacles and I got flustered, panicking that I was in error. I don't like to direct people to a hostile forum to justify my stupidity, but you can view it here if you like: http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php/2 ... SOVER-PLOT
John

Postby GermanSaxon » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:10 pm

John,
When you get time check out the calendar section at First Church of Internet, as they have reconstructed the first three months of the original Solar calendar which in the original Israelite Calendar. The Jews returning from Babylon brought with them a Moon based Calendar. That is why Jesus and the disciples had Passover on a different day.

"Is the Passover Jewish?

The answer is "Yes" and "No".

To Explain: There are two Passovers. One is Jewish, the other is not.

You may recall that Jesus observed the Passover with his disciples before the crucifixion. Christians call it 'The Last Supper."

The Jews observed a Passover after Jesus crucifixion. The verses below are about events following the last supper.

John 18:28 Then led they Jesus from Caiaphas unto the hall of judgment: and it was early; and they themselves went not into the judgment hall, lest they should be defiled; but that they might eat the Passover.

John 18:39 But ye have a custom, that I should release unto you one at the Passover: will ye therefore that I release unto you the King of the Jews?

John 19:14 And it was the preparation of the Passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!

There are two Passovers! One is Jewish and the other is not. The one is Abib 14 of the Christian Solar Calendar Passover. The other is Nisan 14 of the Jewish Lunar calendar. You have probably never heard anything like this before. But it is true and the reason it is true is because there are two different calendars in the Bible. Two different calendars for two different peoples. A Solar calendar for Israelites (now called Christians) and a Lunar calendar for the Jews. (Whom the world calls Israelites.) Confusing isn't it?

Jesus kept the Abib 14 Passover with his disciples at the Last Supper. The Jews killed Jesus (The lamb of God.) on the Nisan 14 Passover. This is eventually explained elsewhere in this article and in the related Bible Study titled, The Two Calendars of the Bible."

The Jews Passover was based on the Moon which is what the Jews still use today.

The Passover study starts here:

German Saxon
GermanSaxon

Next

Return to Feasts and Calendar Issues