This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Cultism

This forum is for discussions and questions concerning Christian Identity direction, doctrine and debate.

Cultism

Postby wmfinck » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:24 am

Perhaps one thing we really must address is Christian Identity cultism. I would hope nobody ever defends my bad ideas or misbehaviour simply because I am me.

If anyone promotes a bad idea, a wrong teaching, the words of men for doctrine, etc., they should be open to criticism of what is wrong, and people who know them should be willing to correct them.

For example, I have met "Eli Joseph November James" worshippers who did not want to discuss any of the particular points of difference that we have. Not that I wanted to discuss the character himself, but only a particular doctrine. They reject discussion. If Eli says it, it must be true.

I have had the same experience with Dan Gayman acolytes, Arnold Murray tards, and the followers of many other icons and idols.

Why is it hard to get people to realize that if a man cannot be criticized, he becomes their idol? The very basis for idolatry itself.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Re: Cultism

Postby Joe » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:06 pm

You wouldn't listen to them either Bill. lol

If someone reads the Bible and puts it first, there is no way for this kind idolatry. And at the end of the day, you have to work it out for yourself, and put it into your own terms. So then you have a number of witnesses already, the Bible, the pastors, yourself and God. (Bible dictionaries, classic commentaries, history, nature itself)

We can all make mistakes, but if we put the Bible first and trust in God, He has said that we will not seek Him in vain.

I think one of the first things you learn is that the Bible cannot contradict itself, Christ is not going to say one thing and then contradict Himself elsewhere. Once you put the Bible first, in that manner, than a brother can only ever expand your understanding. -Especially- if he differs from you but you cannot refute him, that is humbling!

But if e-lie james comes along and bears false witness, well you immediately have a way to hold onto what is right. Because you have many witnesses against him. You can defend against a false witness, you can defend what is right.

A lot of people can't do it on their own. They cannot bear witness themselves and they probably don't fear God so much either. They worship a man, not e-lie james, ...most of them worship themselves. We should never do that.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Richard1 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:13 am

I wonder if it would make sense to have a chart made up to list the "red flag" false teachings of some of these so-called CI teachers. It would help naive people like me and individuals new to CI to sort out the wolves from the sheep and not waste time following false teachings. :-)
Richard1

Postby Kentucky » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:52 am

Richard1 wrote:I wonder if it would make sense to have a chart made up to list the "red flag" false teachings of some of these so-called CI teachers. It would help naive people like me and individuals new to CI to sort out the wolves from the sheep and not waste time following false teachings. :-)

We inevitably would find some pet doctrine that hurts somebody's little feelings if we were to pursue a long list of heresies. I think it would be better, for the sake of unity, to focus on Identity i.e. who we are and who the jews are. We will, through the course of time, be able to identify principles which are unbiblically based on false premises. The short list, which there should be zero tolerance for is the deity of Christ; everything falls apart with the antichrist doctrine that Christ was a mere man. Second, is our defense of the Law, which without is lawlessness. The thing we want to avoid is denominationalism. Let the little cults have their enclaves, because they are... little.

http://kinsmanredeemer.com/BadIdeas.html

Mark
Kentucky

Return to Christian Identity Directions