This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Christian Judgement

This forum is for discussions and questions concerning Christian Identity direction, doctrine and debate.

Christian Judgement

Postby wmfinck » Tue May 31, 2016 10:25 am

I posted this the other day at Facebook, thought it should be posted here as well. It saddens me to see one brother accept the slanders of a gossip and repeat them against another publicly.

When you suspect an apparent fellow Christian is doing something wrong, engaging in some sin, or behaving in a way that is contrary to a sound Christian walk, the Scriptures inform us that we have a responsibility to confront the problem.

But they also inform us how we should do so, in a manner that may save us from drama and making false accusations.

“Brethren, even if a man should already be caught up in some transgression, you, those of the Spirit, restore such a man in a spirit of meekness, watching yourself lest also you may be tested.” (Galatians 6:1)

The Christian objective should be not to destroy a brother who has sinned, but to correct him so that he may once again become a functioning fellow Christian.

“19 My brethren, if one among you should stray from the truth and one should correct him, 20 you must know that he correcting a wrongdoer from the error of his way shall save his soul from death, and shall cover a multitude of errors!” (James 5:19-20)

When a man receives a report that someone has done wrong, he cannot immediately act on it publicly. Rather, he must be prudent. What if the allegation is false? Or what if the apparent sin was not really a sin, because the context of the act is unknown to the hearer of the report? For that reason Paul had advised Timothy: “19 An accusation against an elder you must not receive publicly, except ‘by two or three witnesses.’” In other words, keep the accusation to yourself, do not receive it publicly (meaning, accept it in the eyes of others) unless there are sufficient witnesses.

And even then, the Scripture informs us of the proper protocol for handling such accusations. Here are three verses from Matthew which explain that protocol: Matthew 18:15-17, and I will offer a cooment after each verse:

Matthew 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

You have gained a brother either because he will immediately confess that he had been wrong and repent, and appreciate your correction and become your friend, or possibly, explain to you why something was done, and you recognizing his honesty may become his friend. But even if there is no lasting friendship there will nevertheless be a lasting respect.

Matthew 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

The other witnesses must, of course, know that facts of the case and be able to prove them, or they cannot be witnesses. Simply taking another’s word for something does not make one a witness. When confronted with these witnesses, the alleged sinner should come to understand that he must acknowledge his sin, or be prepared to defend himself by disproving the allegation before the witnesses.

Read, for example, Susanna in the Apocrypha in order to understand that such an accusation may indeed be defended agaiinst.

Matthew 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

So Christians should only make public accusations against their fellows if the first two conditions have been met, and there is still no satisfaction. Any violation of this process is an abrogation of Christian judgment.

But if a brother is clearly guilty and remains unrepentant, he must be shunned by the Christian community once his sins are made known. The best example is found in 1 Corinthians chapter 5.

Mercy must be the first order of business, and condemnation only where mercy is impossbile.

Praise Yahweh!
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Re: Christian Judgement

Postby Joe » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:35 pm

This kind of pettiness makes my blood boil. And rather than focusing on what the Bible says, and defending it ruthlessly, these people are more concerned with accusing their brother falsely. And then when they are presented with the Scriptures, they are indifferent, apathetic and callous, that is; unrepentant. The Word washes over them like water on a duck's back. It makes me feel sick. I ask myself, am I like they are?. God forgive us, God have mercy.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Return to Christian Identity Directions