This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Christogenea New Testament

This forum is for discussions and questions concerning Christian Identity direction, doctrine and debate.

Christogenea New Testament

Postby regulus » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:16 am

First I must apologize if this post is in the wrong forum.

Bill (and other long time members),

I am currently reading your Christogenea New Testament translation of the Bible. Since the language is modern, it is definitely easier to understand than other translations.

I am getting used to addressing God as Yahweh and the Savior as Yahshua. I am only in the Book of Mark, so I hope this next question doesn't come off as offensive. But I am surprised that the only differences in translation I detect so far are the names of God and the proper use of the word race where "generation" had been used in other translations.

Would you mind pointing out a few other significant translations differences for me? I'd love to understand Christian Identity better.

Thank you,

James
regulus

Re: Christogenea New Testament

Postby EzraLB » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:15 am

James,
If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest you listen to Bill's podcasts on Matthew and Mark. He goes line by line and explains all the translation differences--and their significance. Many differences are easy to miss just by an initial reading of the CNT.

http://christogenea.org/podcasts/matthew

http://christogenea.org/podcasts/mark
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Postby Kentucky » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:17 pm

Here's an eyeopener:

"Do not become yoked together with untrustworthy aliens" II Cor. 6:14. Quite different than mere "unbelievers" don't you think?

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Nayto » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:19 pm

EzraLB wrote:If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest you listen to Bill's podcasts on Matthew and Mark. He goes line by line and explains all the translation differences--and their significance. Many differences are easy to miss just by an initial reading of the CNT.

I second that. When we read it we often read it without reading, failing to grasp the significance of what is being said. Maybe we just don't comprehend the writers' intended meaning, or what a certain word meant in the context of ancient times. Bill does a great job of going through everything in detail.
Nayto

Postby Gaius » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:23 pm

James

Just to endorse what other brethren say here --
Set time aside to listen to Bill's podcasts; taking notes can be helpful.
There are frequent references to the OT so have a full Bible to hand.
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
(Romans 8 v 31)
Gaius

Postby wmfinck » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:22 pm

regulus wrote:First I must apologize if this post is in the wrong forum.

Bill (and other long time members),

I am currently reading your Christogenea New Testament translation of the Bible. Since the language is modern, it is definitely easier to understand than other translations.

Would you mind pointing out a few other significant translations differences for me? I'd love to understand Christian Identity better.

Thank you,

James

Wow, sorry, you want the pill version, and I do not have one, LOL

There are, in my estimation, scores of significant differences in the CNT as opposed to other versions, most of them in John, Luke, Acts, and the epistles of Paul.

There are some differences in the Revelation, Matthew, and Mark as well, but not as many because those portions of the NT (except for perhaps the last 11 verses of Mark) do not really contain much which is of controversy to the CI worldview, which to us should be seen as the worldview of Truth.

There are also various reasons for differences, which are related to translation AND/OR to a faith in the veracity of particular manuscripts over others.

As our brethren have said here, the podcasts contain explanations of many of the differences, at least those which I found significant enough to warrant mention.

But the podcast set for the entire NT is not yet complete. I still have about 40% of Paul and all of John to present.

More time, please...
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby regulus » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:22 pm

Hi Bill,

Yes, I'm sorry for asking for the pill form! My curiosity is powerful. In my defense I debate with myself whether my question would be constructive.

Gentlemen (Esra, Kentucky, Nayto, Galus), I sincerely appreciate your suggestions and references. I will check them out! :)
regulus

Postby Staropramen » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:59 am

2 Thessalonians 3:2;

III1 For what remains, pray brethren, for us - in order that the Word of the Prince may move quickly and be extolled, just as even with you, 2 and that we should be protected from those disgusting and wicked men, since the faith is not for all.

CNT

Most English translations add "men" and "have" to misleadingly state "not all men have faith".
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby PhilNotChristian » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:51 pm

I am the proud owner of the CNT. It has opened up the Bible for me. Besides the KJV is there another version I could use along side CNT in case of a difficult passage? I know enough to stay away from the New Age versions. Bill, besides CNT what Bible would you recommend ? Or How about Kentucky ? You sound like you are a scriptural minded person.
PhilNotChristian

Postby Kentucky » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:42 pm

Christian wrote:...besides CNT what Bible would you recommend ? Or How about Kentucky ? You sound like you are a scriptural minded person.

I have been asked this question so many times, that I wrote about this issue which many new people face coming into the message:

http://kinsmanredeemer.com/inspired-word

Mark
Kentucky

Next

Return to Christian Identity Directions