This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

From a Facebook conversation on the Sabbath

This forum is for discussions and questions concerning Christian Identity direction, doctrine and debate.

From a Facebook conversation on the Sabbath

Postby wmfinck » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:19 pm

There is so much bullshit floating around that passes itself off as "Christian Identity". All of the clowns need to be constantly exposed.

A friend recently sent me the following message, asking me to answer concerning a post made by Ted Weiland in a Facebook group:

The following is from a comment on a group that I am in and some questions were asked about the Sabbath.

Ted R Weiland is in the group and I already know about him. But here is a comment he made and I am not sure where this info is if you can help me...

Ted R. Weiland wrote:Keep in mind that one of the principle reasons the house of Judah was taken into captivity was because they we're breaking the land sabbath, and surely the 7th-day sabbath as well.

Had Yahweh demanded they keep sabbath while in captivity, they'd have never gotten out of captivity.

Here is my reply:

It is childishly foolish to imagine that the children of Israel were deported merely for their failing to keep the sabbaths. In fact, as soon as Solomon had died, in the days of Jeroboam I the king had changed the official religion of the nation to the pagan cult of the golden calves, and the majority of the Israelites complied with the order.

Here are the Sabbath criticisms in the prophets, which are all secondary to the admonitions against Israel:

In Amos 8:5 the Israelites are portrayed as anticipating the sabbaths to pass so that they could trade their goods, because they love their goods and their trade with other nations more than their God. But this is not the primary sin of the nation, and there were many other things for which the Israelites were chastised.

Likewise, in Isaiah 1, Yahweh informs us that Israel's keeping of the sabbaths and sacrificial offerings were rejected because of all the other evil things which the people were doing.

In Jeremiah 17 there are admonitions about the sabbaths, which the Judahites were breaking. However the first 16 chapters of Jeremiah detail many other sins which were far greater than whether or not they kept the sabbaths. In Ezekiel chapters 20 and 22 we see Israel chastised for failin to keep the laws as well as the sabbaths.

In Isaiah chapters 56 and 58 there are promises of blessing to individual Israelites of the captivity who would keep the sabbath, in the spirit of the true purpose of the sabbath.

In truth, the Israelites were deported for race-mixing, discarding the laws and judgments of Yahweh, adopting the ways of the Canaanites, looking to international trade where they were told not to make covenants with the strangers, oppression of the poor, the slavery of their brethren, and a host of other sins which are plainly evident in the prophets.

As usual, Ted Weiland proves himself to be a clown.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Return to Christian Identity Directions