This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

polygamy -right or wrong?

This forum is for discussions and questions concerning Christian Identity direction, doctrine and debate.

polygamy -right or wrong?

Postby MikeTheAdamite » Sun May 17, 2015 4:58 am

I've not posted on the forum for some time but have a question which I have not seen answer elsewhere other than it being mentioned that monogamy is the 'ideal' and best practice.
Everybody knows that polygamy is a common in the bible - lamech,Abraham,Judah, David and Solomon to name a few.So surely we should accept polygamy as very much acceptable even if not the ideal?
If anybody can direct me to an article that covers this,I'd appreciate it.
MikeTheAdamite

Re: polygamy -right or wrong?

Postby wmfinck » Sun May 17, 2015 10:43 am

Matthew chapter 19 wrote: 4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Polygamy does not violate the letter of the Levitical law. So we see that polygamy was allowed, in God's permissive will.

However Christ explains that it is not a part of God's sovereign will.

Therefore. if you wish to please yourself, go ahead.

But if you wish to please God, you should keep to one wife.

Another reference:
http://christogenea.org/podcasts/epistles-paul-1-corinthians-part-7-marriage-and-fornication
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby MikeTheAdamite » Sun May 17, 2015 3:56 pm

OK thanks Bill

I guess that ruins any plans I might have had!!

(Only kidding!)
MikeTheAdamite

Postby Nayto » Sun May 17, 2015 4:51 pm

A bit of extra relevant info here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=204&hilit=polygamy
Nayto

Postby MichaelAllen » Sun May 17, 2015 10:49 pm

I'm definitely not for multiple wives (unless we experienced a global cataclysm and there were more women than men, and it was a factor of trying to re-populate). The only exception I can see to this is in the case of a "brother's duty" to his deceased brother's wife. The scripture does not demand that the surviving brother not be married in order to perform this duty, so in fact the law could require this as a case of having more than one wife. It's highly impractical in our times to find people who would do this though.

I don't know - it's a hairy situation to say the least.
MichaelAllen

Postby MikeTheAdamite » Mon May 18, 2015 1:41 am

Thanks for the link Michael,I shall check it out!

That's another good point-the requirement in the law for a brother to perform the duty of his dead brother and impregnate his wife- I'm not aware of this happening in recent times.
MikeTheAdamite

Postby Staropramen » Mon May 18, 2015 8:16 am

Half a dozen complaining yaps at one time? No crazy sex fantasy is worth that hell! :lol:
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby MikeTheAdamite » Mon May 18, 2015 1:41 pm

The problem I have is -if some of our greatest patriachs pracriced polygamy (and in the case of Judah and Solomon- polygamy with Canaanites) it isn't surprising that are brethren often fall to the same temptation.Even more so today with the mass media and judeo christianity telling them its fine to commit fornication.

Or maybe I am wrong to call them great,they were only some of our earliest patriarchs?
MikeTheAdamite

Postby Kentucky » Mon May 18, 2015 7:34 pm

It's hard enough for single guys to find a good mate in CI. Why would polygamists hoard the available maidens in our gene pool, if not for greed or that they're crypto-Mormons?

Mark
Kentucky

Postby MikeTheAdamite » Tue May 19, 2015 4:46 am

But would it not be better for 1 CI believer to have 3 women than for them to be shared amongst Judeo Christians, pagans or Athiests ?
I'm not suggesting CI believers go out and get themselves additional wives/girlfriends but there is logic in the idea!
MikeTheAdamite

Next

Return to Christian Identity Directions