This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

How many Adams?

This forum is for discussions and questions concerning Christian Identity direction, doctrine and debate.

Re: How many Adams?

Postby Filidh » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:56 pm

bahr, no.

because when moses asked gods name, god responded and said 'i am who i am'. think about that.

names for the rest of the folks in scripture were given with purpose, yes, but god himself is still god regardless of what name we call him because instead of giving us a name when asked by moses, he said simply, 'i am who i am'.

the whole point is that he transends a name because he will be whoever he wills to be.

calling him yahweh, yahshua, christ, messiah, almighty, holy one, all powerful, most high, jesus, joshua, he is whoever he wills himself to be and the nametag doesn't matter, its just a hairsplitter meant to divide us.
real name's trevor :-)
Filidh

Postby bahr » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:02 pm

bahr, no.

because when moses asked gods name, god responded and said 'i am who i am'. think about that.

names for the rest of the folks in scripture were given with purpose, yes, but god himself is still god regardless of what name we call him because instead of giving us a name when asked by moses, he said simply, 'i am who i am'.

the whole point is that he transends a name because he will be whoever he wills to be.

calling him yahweh, yahshua, christ, messiah, almighty, holy one, all powerful, most high, jesus, joshua, he is whoever he wills himself to be and the nametag doesn't matter, its just a hairsplitter meant to divide us.

Then what do you answer to Him when He says:

Lev 19:12:
    And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am Yahweh.

Jer 12:16:
    And it shall come to pass, if they will diligently learn the ways of my people, to swear by my name, Yahweh liveth; as they taught my people to swear by Baal; then shall they be built in the midst of my people.

How can swearing by <insert any name here> be a good thing and swearing by <insert another name here> be a bad thing, if names are of no importance?
bahr

Postby Kentucky » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:14 pm

bahr wrote:Then what do you answer to Him when He says:

Lev 19:12:
    And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am Yahweh.

I think Bill started this thread concerning the convolution of Adam; it becomes problematic when "Adam" becomes inclusionary of other hominids. By the same token, the alleged name of God becomes obfuscated by thinking of God being the same as mankind, possessing a single name identifier, when, in fact, the finite mind of man is given a myriad of attributes of the infinite Creator of the universe. I believe we answer Him honorably with every attribute he has given us to better understand Him. For example, if one simply swears by the name of Yahweh, it is to the exclusion of other names and the other names/attributes suffer under the profane (whether intentionally or inadvertently). What is more confusing? Wrangling over the spelling and pronunciation of one name or resting on every word that proceeds from the mouth of God which describes His many manifestations and characters? It would definitely require much more study and discipline to avoid profaning the multiplicity of names that God has given Himself for our edification, in contrast to the singular names given to biblical characters; but, then again they aren't God. The only point I'm trying to make is that trying to identify God in the same manner of identifying man can be vulnerable to the same kind of convolutions we see with Adam; only the consequences may be more drastic by including things not of God or conversely excluding the things that are of God. Irregardless of one's opinion, our unity is in the fact that He is One, the Holy One of Israel. "For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy" Isaiah 57:15.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Joe » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:43 am

Bill says
Joe, what are you referring to? Who is this? It certainly has nothing to do with the program link posted originally (the one I did Saturday with SB). Please be a little more specific.

Matthew Henry, I was reading his commentaries on Genesis. I also have read some of Clifton's papers on Genesis (much of Cliftons work is not entry level, so I can't access all of it yet) ...I am also using the Biblical Heritage series. There isn't a CI commentary of the OT, so I have been using traditional sources with the critical-eye of a developing CI perspective. I don't see any other way at this early-stage but to read as much as I can. I will not go outside the scope of your notes in the future and will keep silent on such things until I can read much more of Cliftons work, sorry.

Kentucky says
the alleged name of God becomes obfuscated by thinking of God being the same as mankind, possessing a single name identifier

Your understanding gives the Names their power, because judeo-Christians could use the same Names ...but it wouldn't have the same power because they aren't seeking in the way you are.
We are sincerely seeking His Authority, His Name, His Face.
Wouldn't this resolve the Name debate?
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby wmfinck » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:29 am

Joe wrote:I will not go outside the scope of your notes in the future and will keep silent on such things until I can read much more of Cliftons work, sorry.

Joe, I hope that you do indeed continue to read others besides me. I do not have all knowledge, and my writing is not geared to replace standard commentaries entirely. In fact, I have not even read any standard commentaries, and if I quoted them once or twice, I was only borrowing something which Clifton had found which I thought was useful. There are probably a lot of things in Matthew Henry that I have not touched on.

There are also other worthwhile Christian Identity writers besides Clifton and myself. Mark has a lot of good sermons on topics I do not touch. Don Elmore also (fgcp.org). Lawrence Blanchard has some introductory CI material in the making which I am hearing good things about. I proofread a chapter for him recently. It is very basic and was laid out in a manner which should be very good for beginners. I cannot say that his perspective is two-seedline, I just do not know. Robert Balacius also has a few good books which are at or only slightly beyond the introductory level, namely his "Uncovering the Mysteries of Your Hidden Inheritance"

You are not going to find two Christian Identity writers who agree on everything - not even Clifton and myself, even though we have worked closely together since perhaps 1999. But I would never claim to be right about everything. I just pray that I find my mistakes before others do, and I know that I have made some. I just won't always agree that things I have said or written which certain others consider to be in error actually are.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Joe » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:57 am

^I didn't mean to go off topic Bill, I just think about so many things at the moment, it's a whole new Life in Him. That's why I apologised.

I find L.Blanchard easy, he talks about a 'trinity' but he does help me get through some parts of the OT. I am always looking for Cliftons and your opinion on everything, I always compare and critique traditional sources with a DSCI perspective. I read Mark's and a couple of Don's sermons as well. I have to admit, I really love Clifton's writings, and the parables of Christ are the best bread.

I am not at a stage to spot your mistakes, at this stage I have so much material to build with, I am just building knowledge. I have one Master, but I respect my brothers as I appreciate their efforts greatly.

Thanks for those other names, I will have a look at their work.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Previous

Return to Christian Identity Directions