This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

What is brotherly love?

This forum is for discussions and questions concerning Christian Identity direction, doctrine and debate.

What is brotherly love?

Postby wmfinck » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:41 am

Brotherly love is something that everyone here should have and display. In a forum such as this, I would think it requires us to have patience, tact, understanding, and probably several other qualities I don't have time to sit here and ponder.

When we discuss things here we have to understand that not everyone who comes here has the same perspective, and not everyone who comes here is on the same level of knowledge. However this is not an open forum, it is accessed by request only, and trolls have to both go out of their way and conceal their intentions to get here. If they do, and manage to start trolling, I assure you that they will not last. Therefore we must assume that everyone who is here is here for good and honest intentions. For that we do not seek to undermine anyone here, or to stomp them into the ground. We do not seek to "defeat" people here. Rather, if we do indeed know something better, and if we are sure of that knowledge, then we seek to bring our brethren up to our level. That can only be done with care and understanding, taking the time to explain ourselves properly.

If you do not have time to sit and make a proper argument - or even better - to sit and write a proper lesson detailing your perspective and the reasons why you have it, then it is better not to get involved in a discussion at all rather than to make a simplistic argument only for the sake of arguing. There are a lot of threads here which I have not replied to, simply for that reason. Maybe I will remember them when I do have time, or maybe they will fade into yesterday without my input. C'est la vie.

This is not a forum for trolls. This is not a forum for people with agendas. I have been known to fly off the handle myself, but I think that I do so only when I find that someone does have an agenda. When I find someone with an agenda, which I consider someone who won't stand correction by scripture (not by ego) only then would I treat that person as a troll. That is why a few years ago I treated Dan the way I did, which is mentioned in this thread here that Matt just dragged out of oblivion: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=202
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Re: What is brotherly love?

Postby Joe » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:45 am

I have learned that I should try and ask questions, rather than asserting any position, as my ideas are always changing and not important to me. I should try to understand, rather than being an egoist.

I didn't know how to do this, I didn't know how to ask a question and to let it be if the answer is not forth-coming. In my anger I have disgraced myself and forsook the example and teachings of my betters and my King.

I would like to extend a no-strings-attached apology to Swordbrethren for my misunderstanding, arrogance and anger; essentially for dealing with him in an improper and immature manner not befitting of this community.

I would also like to state my appreciation for Brothers Matthewott, for his mature approach and reflection, as well as Pastor Downey for his kindness, understanding and keen insight; as well as my other learned Brethren. Of-course I disrespected Bill and his wishes, for which I am also grieved as I hold him in the highest regard and try not to annoy him too much.

I now understand how to conduct inquiry and to use it to refine my understanding rather than being worthless in 'what I think I know'.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby bahr » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:22 am

No worry, Joe. Remember:

I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I would be obliged you were cold or hot! So because you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I am going to vomit you out of My mouth!

You are hot, and there is no place for lukewarm people here! :)
bahr

Postby Acrimonious » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Philippians 2:1-3 1 If then, there is any encouragement in Christ, if any consolation from love, if any community of spirit, if any tender feelings and pity, fill my joy full; 2so that you may agree in thought, possessing the same love, intending with united hearts the same object. 3Never in self-seeking nor through vainglory; but, on the contrary, with good feeling considering others in preference to yourselves.

Vain pride and arrogance have no place amongst the flock. If you are chastising another Israelite due to doctrinal differences that are inconsequential or unprovable, you are working against the Kingdom of God.

Titus 3:9 But prohibit foolish discussion and genealogies, and quarrels, and legal contentions; for they are profitless and vain.

Luke 22:26 On the contrary, let the greater among you become as the younger; and the chief like a servant.

Work together to understand what is coming; we're given the Law that we might live in righteousness, and we're given the Spirit so that we may share our bond in Christ. Edify each other and be glad in their knowledge instead of cutting the other down during Scriptural dispute.

II Timothy 3:16 Every Divinely inspired and useful writing was intended for teaching, attestation, and education in righteousness, so that the man of God might be noble, and well trained for every good work.

Let us be noble and caring Israelites, encouraging each other to search Scripture and discuss it rationally. Throw off pretense, residual arrogance, and anger, and submit to the Will of Christ. We must love each other as He loved us. There is no other way to conduct ourselves here.
Acrimonious

Postby learningaboutCI » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:09 pm

This thread is more proof that the CI project is on sound footing, right here at Christogenea.

I also like the way Bill deals with Scripture. Other people try to quote it and posit that it favors their views, but Bill can actually discuss it quite thoroughly.
learningaboutCI

Postby Nayto » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:40 pm

Great post, Joe. Your conduct now is even an example to everyone.

Acrimonious wrote:Let us be noble and caring Israelites, encouraging each other to search Scripture and discuss it rationally. Throw off pretense, residual arrogance, and anger, and submit to the Will of Christ. We must love each other as He loved us. There is no other way to conduct ourselves here.

Absolutely!
Nayto

Postby brucebohn » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:00 pm

Nayto wrote:Great post, Joe. Your conduct now is even an example to everyone.

Acrimonious wrote:Let us be noble and caring Israelites, encouraging each other to search Scripture and discuss it rationally. Throw off pretense, residual arrogance, and anger, and submit to the Will of Christ. We must love each other as He loved us. There is no other way to conduct ourselves here.

Absolutely!

Fully agree, fellowship is ever so important.....
"Do you not know that with those running in a race,while all run,
but one takes the prize? In that manner you run, in order that you shall obtain."
1Cor. 9:24
brucebohn

Return to Christian Identity Directions