This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Confusion over satan/devils

This forum is for discussions and questions concerning Christian Identity direction, doctrine and debate.

Confusion over satan/devils

Postby Joe » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:23 pm

From Ken's Ezra 98 site, in an article titled 'Christ conquered satan'
He describes sin as being in the flesh, that Christ has adversaries (jews) to His rule but there are no evil spirits, this is superstition ....as I understand it. I think sin in the flesh could be mongrels, non-Whites and jews. We have transgressed, but I am not sure our flesh in sinful or that flesh is sin, even though fleshy desires can lead us astray (I need some help understanding this :) ).

As the fable goes, supposedly "The Devil" was once a high angel in heaven but he
rebelled against God and was cast down to planet Earth. The plain truth is, this doctrine
has been used for ages to frighten people into obeying the institutional churches and their
priests --- "after all", we've been told, "it's only the priests or ministers who can teach us
how to be protected from Satan's scheming spirit force". For this claimed guide to
spiritual protection, generations of unsuspecting people have given their money,
dedicated their lives, and pledged their property to the churches. The doctrine of a
personal Devil and “his demons” is superstition rooted in Roman Catholic and Judaic
ignorance of God's Word, and yet it has been passed onto, and still promoted by the
Protestant churches as well. Euphemistically, “to have a devil” only meant that a person
had an illness, in the New Testament application of that term, although some people by
then were believing in the Jewish occult spiritism of demons.
The word “superstition” is used only once in the Scriptures at Acts 25:19. It is when
Paul is contending with the chief priests and elders of the Jews, and those corrupt priests
were interrogating Paul about “certain questions against him of their own superstition --”
(see verses 2,5,15,25) In line with God’s truth taught by Paul, that word we see as
superstition here is the Greek word Dice-ee-daheee-mon-ee-ah, Strong’s Greek
dictionary reference # 1174, 1175 which specifically means “fear of demons” (at 1169,
1142). [ “Superstitious” is used only once as well, Acts 17:22, from the same Greek root words at # 1169 (fearful) of #1142 (demons)] Are we then to believe in that jewish doctrine? And why does
God’s Word in the original text refer to belief in “evil spirit being entities and their
forces” as superstition?

In Bill's article on satan, he agrees says that there are adversaries (jews) that are false-accusers. But that there are spiritual demons also. I would assume that the fallen angels who lusted after the daughters of Man in 1 Enoch and Genesis were also spiritual demons/unclean spirits.

In New Testament writing, demons are equated with “unclean spirits”, i.e. Mark 7:25-26; Luke 4:33; 8:29-30; 9:42; Rev. 16:13-14 and 18:2 etc. Such an equation was also often made by the authors of the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Qumran sect, where it is evident that these “demons” or “serpents” were believed to exist on both the physical and the spiritual planes, yet are all of that same “satanic”, or adversarial entity. We find in the Dead Sea Scrolls references to “spirits of Belial” quite often, as in 4Q271 (4QDamascus Documentf) Frag. 5 col. I or 1QM (1Q33 or 1QWar Scroll) col. XIII. The word “Belial” in Hebrew is associated with the idea of something mixed, and is often used of people in the Old Testament, and at II Cor. 6:14-18, for which see Strong’s Hebrew dictionary at #s 1098, 1100, and 1101. The Scrolls mention the “spirits of Bastards” (those of mixed racial backgrounds) at 1QHa (1QHodayota) cols. XXIV and XXV, where they are also referred to as “spirits of wickedness”; at 4Q202 (4QEnochb ar) col. IV; 4Q204 (4QEnochc ar) col. V; 4Q444 (4QIncantation) Frag. 2 col. I mentioned with the “spirit of uncleanness”; 4Q510 (4QSongs of the Sagea) Frag. 1: “...all the spirits of the ravaging angels and the bastard spirits, demons...” and at 4Q511 (4QSongs of the Sageb) Frags. 48, 49, & 51 where they are equated to “impure sinners”, among many other places where they are mentioned. This is all rather consistent with the epistles of Jude and of Peter (Jude 4-16 and II Peter chapter 2).

There are also passages where the Bible seems to describe a spiritual satan.
Matthew 4:1-11
1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred . 3 And when the tempter came to him, he said , If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4 But he answered and said , It is written , Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. 5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, 6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written , He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up , lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. 7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. 8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. 10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence , Satan: for it is written , Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve . 11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold , angels came and ministered unto him.

Can anyone offer me any insight to resolve these passages, I lean towards there being fallen angels as well as physical people who work with these entities ...non-Whites are probably full of such demons (originated from such demons/serpents), all their religions probably revolve around such entities, but I am not sure how to approach it. I think the jews are satan's/the serpents offspring and I follow Dual-seedline interpretations as I deepen my understanding.
Thanks Joe
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Re: Confusion over satan/devils

Postby Staropramen » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:22 am

We've pretty much accepted that there are differing opinions about this and it's better not to waste time fighting over it. Best to read both arguments and draw your own conclusions.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Joe » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:29 am

Ok, good. Thanks that helps.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Kentucky » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:16 pm

Staropramen wrote:We've pretty much accepted that there are differing opinions about this and it's better not to waste time fighting over it. Best to read both arguments and draw your own conclusions.

It's a huge subject where the devil is in the details. In the past, there was malevolent rhetoric that ironically reflected the very elements of a satanic demeanor usually attributed to the singular literal entity, replete with false accusations, blatant lies, slander, calumny and even death threats. There are still a few knuckleheads who are living in the past that think their warfare against their own brethren is service to God. I was recently accused of being a Sadducee/mamzer/bastard by a friend of Eli (foe) who could not control his foaming at the mouth. He is so animated in his religious views, that he thinks Satan is Yahweh and that the devil is the left hand of God. I don't know how many DSL concur with that, but I got a problem with it. The days of rabbi Samuelson and his fan club who resurrect him at every opportunity are over. It's time to be Christian about things.

Even though Bill Finck and I have differing interpretations of this interesting subject, there is much less (in fact there's none that I can detect) animosity and obsessive-compulsive drive to destroy an individual; as if the subject is more of a priority than the belief in the Son of God or as it turns out, even a disgraced DSLer like Eli James, can be a covert universalist, who is still supported by the very same people who will waste your time trying to sow discord among the brethren. I thank God that Bill has shown a truly Christian demeanor, showing that we must discern the spirit for what really counts. Nobody in DSL, prior to Bill coming on the scene, dared to make the connection to the meaning of the word satan as the collective jew. This is one of the things I have been saying for years. It's a subject that should be kept academic and does not diminish one's understanding of the jewish problem. Now that some DSL have shown their true colors of universalism, it makes one wonder if in fact they are Satanists rather than Christian Identity.

If one is truly interested in the subject, it will take years of reading and study to not only grasp it's significance, but to harmonize the entire Bible wholistically in relation to it. If one is coming into Identity from a catholic or judeo-Christian frame of mind, they will have to park their ideas at the door and start fresh.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Joe » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:33 am

A lifetime of learning, at my own pace. Nothing else I have come across offers so much. It doesn't matter how deeply you look, there is always more Truth, more treasures to be found in that work.

It will have to be at my own pace, I have nothing to prove and nothing to offer anyone but myself. I do not want to be a teacher, as I could never communicate what I see in that book ...it is beyond words even in these early days.

...there is no emoticon to express such a feeling, I checked.
Joe

Return to Christian Identity Directions