This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

CI symbol

This forum is for discussions and questions concerning Christian Identity direction, doctrine and debate.

CI symbol

Postby Nayto » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:28 am

This is in response to the following thread on SF:

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t981515/

I am unable to post there, so I thought I'd respond here. It is basically a thread about what a good symbol would be for the CI movement.

The first thing that comes to mind with regards to a symbol for CI is the cherub. A cherub is a creature which is part man, part lion, part bull and part eagle. This is symbolic representation of Israel as a whole in that it represents the four groups of tribes. This symbology is even found in John's Revelation. The cherub was used on the Ark of the Covenant and Solomon put it all over the temple when it was built.

The point was raised in the thread on SF that things we think are great will often trigger psychological knee-jerk reactions in people who would possibly have been receptive to our message, if not for the overt nature of the symbol. I think the cherub is suitably "innocent" so as not to cause onlookers to stumble mentally.

Having said that, the cherub is somewhat outlandish in appearance and might even seem pagan to some. This fact is amusing in its irony, considering that if pagans ever used the cherub it is because they got it from the original Israelites. Regardless, there needs to be something about it to turn this outlandish thing into a point of curiosity. For that to happen, there needs to be something about this symbol which will draw people in. For example, my two cats, a beautiful Maine Coone and Cornish Rex, are named "Adolf" and "Hitler" respectively. They are very popular cats and always win the hearts of those they meet. Then the people ask, "Why would you name these cats after such a repulsive figure?" To which I reply, "Well, it's a great conversation starter!" From there on I will explain my views on Adolf Hitler.

Now there is one iconic symbol which mostly everyone in the world will understand and not associate negatively with: The cross. Obviously you'll have atheists, certain CI and others who dislike the symbol, but no-one can deny what it stands for: Christ. For this reason the cross should be included in the symbol and that cross should unmistakably be shining its light forth. In that way the message is clear. We are shining the light of Christ. In this way the message is positive, which would lead them somewhat intrigued by the cherub which I thinking should be holding the cross.

The person is left seeing the positive message and yet will be forced to ask about the cherub itself. What does the cherub represent? Our race! From there we are left to broach the issue of race however the situation requires. It might be to start straight-out and say it is a symbol of the White race, or to gently start with it symbolizing the true Israel and moving from there. In the end the cherub symbolizes not only our race, but exclusivity and purity as well.

That's just my two cents. I'm curious to hear what you all think.
Nayto

Re: CI symbol

Postby Kentucky » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:58 am

Nayto wrote:A cherub is a creature which is part man, part lion, part bull and part eagle.

As an artist, it would be a challenge to see how this should be rendered. If you want, I'll post your comments in the SF thread. By the way, I suggested the Confederate flag for the radicals and the Christian flag for moderates; both of which predominate various CI circles.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby SwordBrethren » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:01 pm

Kentucky wrote:
Nayto wrote:A cherub is a creature which is part man, part lion, part bull and part eagle.

As an artist, it would be a challenge to see how this should be rendered. If you want, I'll post your comments in the SF thread. By the way, I suggested the Confederate flag for the radicals and the Christian flag for moderates; both of which predominate various CI circles.

Mark

I would like to design a new symbol, something revolutionary, doing for the movement what the Swastika did for Hitler and his NSDAP in the early/initial days.

Something new and unique or at least not something that is an established widely known symbol. Something that will become widely known and will give hope to the faithful while instilling fear and dread in the hearts of the enemy.
Revelation 18:
Und ich hörte eine andere Stimme vom Himmel, die sprach: Gehet aus von ihr, mein Volk, daß ihr nicht teilhaftig werdet ihrer Sünden, auf daß ihr nicht empfanget etwas von ihren Plagen!

Denn ihre Sünden reichen bis in den Himmel, und Gott denkt an ihren Frevel.

Judentum ist Verbrechertum!

Heute ist Deutschland die größte Weltmacht! - Der Führer 30 Januar 1940
SwordBrethren

Postby Filidh » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:22 am

What do ya'll think of this?
It's a simplified version of the cover of the Christogenea New Testament, except the hooks of it are going clockwise rather than counterclockwise.
Attachments
swasticross.JPG
swasticross.JPG (88.82 KiB) Viewed 4068 times
real name's trevor :-)
Filidh

Postby Fenwick » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:42 pm

I made my avatar largely because I figured blunt Christianity would offset the pagan username I'd chosen ages ago on Stormfront. I just combined the Christian flag with the EU flag and did it in the colours of the union jack (and several other national flags) with the 12 stars representing the 12 tribes.

When I was growing up, the only Christians in my life eschewed all forms of imagery as idolatry, so even simple logos and symbols seemed a bit off to me.

I suppose having one recognisable symbol makes it easier to see who's who, but we all have a variety of crosses and ichthys as emblems for various organisations and movements.

I like the idea of earlier symbols, from what I saw in Vandal's old essay on the Christian use of the swastika in relation to the name of Yahweh, but they probably wouldn't put most ordinary people in mind of Christianity when they see it.

I went to Rome recently and saw a fair bit of early Christian imagery in the museums(crosses alongside flowers and plants and menorahs). Since most Identity Christians reject Constantine I'd assume the Chrismon is out of bounds.

Some seem to go in and out of fashion, for example you hardly see the Aryan Nations sword any more.

I made a concept of four ichthys forming a cross:

Fenwick

Postby TJ » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:39 pm

Jesus-Good-Shepherd-06.jpg
Jesus-Good-Shepherd-06.jpg (848.76 KiB) Viewed 3969 times
Husbands: Love your wives as Christ loved the church.
TJ

Postby Lang » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Nayto wrote:This is in response to the following thread on SF:

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t981515/

I am unable to post there, so I thought I'd respond here. It is basically a thread about what a good symbol would be for the CI movement.

The first thing that comes to mind with regards to a symbol for CI is the cherub. A cherub is a creature which is part man, part lion, part bull and part eagle. This is symbolic representation of Israel as a whole in that it represents the four groups of tribes. This symbology is even found in John's Revelation. The cherub was used on the Ark of the Covenant and Solomon put it all over the temple when it was built.

The point was raised in the thread on SF that things we think are great will often trigger psychological knee-jerk reactions in people who would possibly have been receptive to our message, if not for the overt nature of the symbol. I think the cherub is suitably "innocent" so as not to cause onlookers to stumble mentally.

Having said that, the cherub is somewhat outlandish in appearance and might even seem pagan to some. This fact is amusing in its irony, considering that if pagans ever used the cherub it is because they got it from the original Israelites. Regardless, there needs to be something about it to turn this outlandish thing into a point of curiosity. For that to happen, there needs to be something about this symbol which will draw people in. For example, my two cats, a beautiful Maine Coone and Cornish Rex, are named "Adolf" and "Hitler" respectively. They are very popular cats and always win the hearts of those they meet. Then the people ask, "Why would you name these cats after such a repulsive figure?" To which I reply, "Well, it's a great conversation starter!" From there on I will explain my views on Adolf Hitler.

Now there is one iconic symbol which mostly everyone in the world will understand and not associate negatively with: The cross. Obviously you'll have atheists, certain CI and others who dislike the symbol, but no-one can deny what it stands for: Christ. For this reason the cross should be included in the symbol and that cross should unmistakably be shining its light forth. In that way the message is clear. We are shining the light of Christ. In this way the message is positive, which would lead them somewhat intrigued by the cherub which I thinking should be holding the cross.

The person is left seeing the positive message and yet will be forced to ask about the cherub itself. What does the cherub represent? Our race! From there we are left to broach the issue of race however the situation requires. It might be to start straight-out and say it is a symbol of the White race, or to gently start with it symbolizing the true Israel and moving from there. In the end the cherub symbolizes not only our race, but exclusivity and purity as well.

That's just my two cents. I'm curious to hear what you all think.

Your concept is perfect, the symbolism perfect, but it would be a symbol hard to draw. A good symbol needs to have the capacity to be easily drawn in everywhere, everytime.

I would like to design a new symbol, something revolutionary, doing for the movement what the Swastika did for Hitler and his NSDAP in the early/initial days.

Something new and unique or at least not something that is an established widely known symbol. Something that will become widely known and will give hope to the faithful while instilling fear and dread in the hearts of the enemy.

Actually when they thought of the swastika, the objective was to instill fear towards the communists. But I agree with you, we have to think of a new symbol which can be both popular and easy to draw.

I made on paint two suggestions:

13.jpg
13.jpg (19.02 KiB) Viewed 3935 times

This is a cross with twelve minor lines representing the twelve tribes. The thing in the top of the cross represents God ruling the tribes from above.

12.jpg
12.jpg (15.92 KiB) Viewed 3935 times

This is a cross combined with a swastika.
"Give a hammer to a white, and he will build civilization;
Give a hammer to an asian, and he will build other hammers;
Give a hammer to an arab, and he will kill his wife;
Give a hammer to a nigger, and he will kill whites;
Give a hammer to a jew, and he will sell it to niggers.
"

J.M.
Lang

Postby Filidh » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:30 am

Here's a non-pencil-drawn version of the symbol posted above. Again, it's just a
simplification of the Christogenea New Testament symbol.

swasticross.jpg
swasticross.jpg (22.05 KiB) Viewed 3931 times
real name's trevor :-)
Filidh

Postby TJ » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:45 pm

The images are reminding me of pinwheels.

Husbands: Love your wives as Christ loved the church.
TJ

Postby SwordBrethren » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:26 pm

A flag with a red background, a white circle, and inside the circle is the Chi-Ro with a single SS rune where the right part of the X of the Chi-ro would be.

I've been trying to draw it without much success.
Revelation 18:
Und ich hörte eine andere Stimme vom Himmel, die sprach: Gehet aus von ihr, mein Volk, daß ihr nicht teilhaftig werdet ihrer Sünden, auf daß ihr nicht empfanget etwas von ihren Plagen!

Denn ihre Sünden reichen bis in den Himmel, und Gott denkt an ihren Frevel.

Judentum ist Verbrechertum!

Heute ist Deutschland die größte Weltmacht! - Der Führer 30 Januar 1940
SwordBrethren

Next

Return to Christian Identity Directions