This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Thoughts on Cursing

This forum is for discussions and questions concerning Christian Identity direction, doctrine and debate.

Re: Thoughts on Cursing

Postby TJ » Sat May 11, 2013 8:21 pm

Nayto wrote:I once had this discussion with my wife, and you can go down a sort of nihilistic road by which you can make the reasoning that foul language is just a social construct.

Similar thought when I questioned the utterance of certain syllables. We've assigned certain words the connotation of being vulgar and profane. You can become distracted with the arbitrary nature of the selection process.

If you select a replacement word the curse remains. "C'mon. Let's go already. Gas pedal's on the freaking right." This is where I began questioning which part is the curse. It's not merely the sounds that come out of your mouth. The curse is written in your mind and on your heart.

Nayto wrote:... if you can't even stop yourself from using foul language first? It's almost like practice in self-discipline and discipline in general.

Agreed. It reflects a lack of discipline. That's the source of my shame if I lapse. If I'm spent at the end of the day, I'm likely to lapse when commenting in traffic.
"That's all it took, Father? I'm showered in your blessings every day, and the first little thing that doesn't meet my expectations causes me to gush foulness from my face? At another Adamic Man?"
Then I apologize, ask to be washed clean, and renew my efforts to repent and turn away from all things contrary to Yahweh.
Husbands: Love your wives as Christ loved the church.
TJ

Postby Kentucky » Sat May 11, 2013 8:50 pm

God's last name is not Damnit.

Scriptures against profanity.

"Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving" Eph. 5:4.

"Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly" II Tim. 2:14.

"Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners" I Cor. 15:33.

"Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of [his] brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge" James 4:11.

"A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh" Luke 6:45.

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord" Ps. 19"14.

"But the king will rejoice in God; all who swear by God's name will praise him, while the mouths of liars will be silenced" Ps. 63:11.

"But now put away and rid yourselves [completely] of all these things: anger, rage, bad feeling toward others, curses and slander, and foulmouthed abuse and shameful utterances from your lips!" Col. 3:8.

"Let no foul or polluting language, nor evil word nor unwholesome or worthless talk [even] come out of your mouth, but only such [speech] as is good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others, as is fitting to the need and the occasion, that it may be a blessing and give grace (God's favor) to those who hear it" Eph. 4:29.

"You must not produce many teachers, my brethren, knowing that we shall receive a greater judgment. For we all fail often! If anyone does not fail in word, he is a perfect man able to guide with a bridle even the whole body. Even if the bridles of horses are put into their mouths for which to persuade them for us, then we maneuver their whole body. Behold also, there are such great ships, and being driven by severe winds, maneuvered by the smallest rudder, being driven straight where impulse desires. Thusly also the tongue is a small body-part and boasts loudly. Behold how small a fire ignites so great a forest! And the tongue is a fire, an ornament of injustice. The tongue sits among our body-parts soiling the whole body and setting ablaze the course of existence, and being burned by Gehenna!" James 3:1-6 - Christogenea NT.

"And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and is set on fire of hell. For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind: But the tongue can no man tame, it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison." James 3:6-8.

"With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be" James 3:9-10.

"Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh His name in vain" Ex. 20:7

""For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain" Ps. 139:20

"But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned" Mt. 12:36-37.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby TJ » Sat May 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Kentucky wrote:Be proud of your race's language and set the example with uncontaminated grammar.
... Victory in word and deed! Do you speak the pure language of your calling? To call upon your God?

Good article, Brother.

I've heard Udvary mention that prayer is the highest form of speech. The pureness of speech and elevation of speech explanations fit well here.

Your article also covers the low-brow-ness of using expletives. I was looking for some clear citation of how these words offend Yahweh, but I think it's answered in how it affects our brethren. If we're encouraging them to be foul, we're also undermining their faith.

I'm still unclear on the nature of cursing. There's the obvious four lettered expletives, my assertion that the curse remains in you even if you utter a different sound, and then Yashua very matter of factly cursing the fig tree.

Even if you prevent the foulness from leaving your mouth, there is still foulness inside you. To clear that away is a much more difficult task. I notice a huge difference if we partake of any entertainment, or if I spend any time in fellowship with non-Christians. I'll be free of any thought or desire to curse for a long time, and those things bring it back.

When I consider the fig tree I'm reminded of Enoch. He is shown stars that were sequestered/imprisoned for not obeying Yahweh's will. The fig tree's purpose was to bear good fruit and feed Man. When Yashua inspected it, and found it to be in disobedience to its purpose He cursed it. No emotional tantrums or foulness emanated from him in doing so. Just God's righteous judgement. He was also a Man, and set the example that we Men may make judgements by the fruit that is borne. Additionally, I'm stricken with the message that we had better strive for purity and cleanliness, because Yahweh may judge our fruit at any time.

Deu 12:18 ... you are to rejoice before the Lord your God in everything you put your hand to.

I don't see any room for foulness here.
TJ

Postby TJ » Sat May 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Penny wrote:I assure you, he is a very capable leader of his family, takes this role VERY seriously and is successful at it. As his wife, I would know.

Thank you for the kind words my Troth.

I don't think Nayto was slandering me as unfit while attempting to lead. I believe that Nayto was encouraging that we all must prepare ourselves for leadership, and to be prepared we must begin disciplining ourselves. I'll paraphrase to illustrate my take:

"There's no room for cursing, because it prevents us from being prepared to lead. We will be unable to be of service to Yahweh and our brethren if we spend our time soiling ourselves in undisciplined ways."
TJ

Postby Fenwick » Sat May 11, 2013 10:05 pm

It's an issue I used to have a lot of trouble with, as you jut don't think to stop it when you don't see it as wrong. I have at least managed to eliminate the directly blasphemous curses from my vocabulary, but it's harder with the more ancient saxon words. You end up using them as a for of punctuation, without anger, and yet it still coarsens your speech.
Fenwick

Postby Kentucky » Sat May 11, 2013 10:10 pm

TJ wrote:I'm still unclear on the nature of cursing. There's the obvious four lettered expletives, my assertion that the curse remains in you even if you utter a different sound, and then Yashua very matter of factly cursing the fig tree.

Even if you prevent the foulness from leaving your mouth, there is still foulness inside you. To clear that away is a much more difficult task.

One day I was ruminating about "your righteousness is as filthy rags" and it occurred to me that rags are used to clean up messes. Cleaning house is the right thing for a Christian to do i.e. taking inventory of our sins and doing what the Bible tells us to do in correcting our failures of the past and to start measuring up to God’s standards.

On our vacation last year to the Smokey Mountain National Park, we went on a hiking trail and found a little cemetery from the 1800’s with a sign saying it was “under restoration.” There were about a hundred grave markers, some of which were only small flat rocks about 6X9 inches, which were obviously children. Families lived in this remote wilderness before the government kicked them out for a National Park. It was the first of October and golden yellow leafs sprinkled the small plot. That ‘still small voice’ gave me the thought that “We all do fade as a leaf” (Isaiah 64:6), but we have the hope of being restored in the Kingdom of God. The whole verse in context reads, “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.” By the same token, the mystery of godliness (I Tim. 3:16) brings us back into the fold of the Great Shepherd; “He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul; He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake” Ps. 23:2-3.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Deborah » Mon May 13, 2013 11:31 pm

I don't want to take away from a most excellent subject ... but

TJ wrote:
We're expecting

REALLY????????

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Deborah

Postby Penny » Sat May 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Deborah wrote:I don't want to take away from a most excellent subject ... but

TJ wrote:
We're expecting

REALLY????????

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

REALLY! :D :D :D :D :D But REALLY x2! We will be 11 weeks on Monday and both babies seem to be doing well. We are praying all the time that it is Yahweh's will that we bring them both home safe and sound.
Wives: Submit to your husbands as to God.
Penny

Postby Deborah » Sat May 18, 2013 11:45 pm

Penny wrote:
REALLY! :D :D :D :D :D But REALLY x2! We will be 11 weeks on Monday and both babies seem to be doing well. We are praying all the time that it is Yahweh's will that we bring them both home safe and sound.

What a wonderful testimony to take to church tomorrow! We shall continue to pray for you and the little ones. So happy for you.
Deborah

Postby wmfinck » Sun May 19, 2013 12:03 pm

Okay, I hate to interject into such a wonderful conversation. Especially since my language can be as bad as anyone's. But "cussing" is indeed relative, and to some extent it is a social construct. Of this I have no doubt. I would never want to "cuss" in front of children - although once upon a time in my youth I did so routinely and thoughtlessly. Especially in front of my own.

Last year I visited Don Spears. His daughter Kammi came over with two young boys. I talked for about five minutes. The boys wondered at Kammi, why I had said "cuss" words three times.

That was when I learned that in the South, darned, hell and damned were cuss words. To me, a "damned Yankee", they are not, and they are still not. Darned is simply a substitute word, a kinder and gentler version of damned. I use hell as a noun representing the state of damnation.

If I use damned as an adjective in reference to a White brother or sister, then I am indeed cursing: for who am I to judge my brother? However, if I use damned as an adjective modifying nouns such as jew or negro or some other unseemly creature, am I not simply stating a fact? I believe that I am only stating a fact, and that we have an obligation to state such facts when the need arises. So to me "damned jew" and "damned mestizo" and "damned negro" (or that other 'n' word) are all simply statements of fact.

By the way, TJ very succinctly made an excellent point (among others) about substitute words still being curses, although the substitute words themselves may not be profane.

I have been accused of using profane language for using certain words, such as whore and bastard. However those are words right out of the English Bible, and if I use those same words in the same contexts as they appear in the Word of God, how am I being profane?

However if I label one of our brothers and sisters with such a word without good reason, then I certainly am using profanity, and I should be corrected. Any lie or slander is profane language, no matter the eloquence of the words chosen. One can find some very eloquent ways to utter some very foul things.

Now there are certain disgusting and also (usually) sexually explicit words and phrases which we as Christians should (normally) never have in our mouths. And similar words and phrases certainly were used in ancient Greece and Rome as well. Surely Paul had many of them in mind when he warned us about foul language.

On a recent Blogtalk program, without using explicitly foul language, I nevertheless expressed a verbal image of an explicitly sexual nature. I have been mildly criticized for it by a couple of friends. Yet I do not regret it - even though I would not want children to hear it. The Word of God uses a very similar analogy in Ezekiel, where Yahweh says to the children of Israel:
KJV, Ezekiel 16:25 wrote:Thou hast built thy high place at every head of the way, and hast made thy beauty to be abhorred, and hast opened thy feet to every one that passed by, and multiplied thy whoredoms.

The phrase "open thy feet" is archaic. Today it should be translated "spread thy legs", as a whore would, and the analogy is fitting of our people when they coddle the non-Adamic races. That was exactly the analogy I sought to make on that program, to a judaized so-called pastor.

I thought I would cite these examples, where "cussing" is not really cursing. I recently made an illustration of George Washington's "black gentry" remark in my latest Saxon Messenger editorial. How many people completely missed the meaning of the euphemism? How better would his message have been understood if he simply told the truth, and said "damned jews"?

I have long thought that "nice" language, veiled euphemisms, and the use of other kind ways to relate what needs to be said, sacrificing the conveyance of the plain raw truth for mere politesse, is one thing that has always gotten us into trouble. Such "acceptable" language is always taken advantage of by our enemies, who see it as a reflection of weakness and an opportunity for distortion.

Imprecatory prayers by themselves are not curses. The Psalms are full of them. I cannot recount where David wishes that "the wicked" would repent, but only that they be destroyed. However, I would think that unrighteous imprecatory prayers are indeed curses. If a damned jew did you wrong, you should pray that he be destroyed, that Yahweh avenge you. However if one of your brethren caused you harm, you should pray for his repentance. On the other hand if you pray that your brother be destroyed, are you not cursing him? In times of uncertainty, it is best - I think - to pray that God's justice and God's righteousness be fulfilled, along with God's vengeance.

I hope not to have obfuscated this issue, but I had a few things which I felt should be contributed.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Christian Identity Directions