This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Thoughts on Cursing

This forum is for discussions and questions concerning Christian Identity direction, doctrine and debate.

Thoughts on Cursing

Postby TJ » Sat May 11, 2013 10:28 am

Not sure how to tie all of this together into a coherent message. I'll just present it, and hopefully the discussion will iron out the wrinkles.

As my wife and I mature as Christians cursing becomes more and more offensive to us. It bothers me more. It started to become an issue because people who use four-lettered words tend to take the name of the Lord in vain with G-Ds and J-Cs. I started to notice how much cursing goes on. It's embedded in my speech. There's an onslaught of cursing in popular entertainment. The habit of cursing is reinforced from many directions.

So, we decided that we didn't like it, and endeavored not to do it. Try to strike the typical four lettered curse words from our vocabulary. We did this in the typical fashion and basically kept cursing, but with replacement words that were similar enough to convey the same thoughts.

We were watching "The Passion of the Christ." There's a scene where Judas is being harassed by some little demon characters, and he curses them. One of them replies, {paraphrasing} "Look, cursing, you must be accursed." This was when I started contemplating the spiritual repercussions of cursing.

What is cursing? Is cursing using four lettered words? Is there something special about uttering these syllables that damages our relationship with Yahweh, or undermines the faith of our brethren? If I use a replacement word, have I actually stopped cursing? Is there any real reason not to curse, or is this just a silly distraction where we feel pious but aren't furthering the Kingdom?

Definition
I concluded that the syllables uttered don't matter. If someone is frustrated and angrily utters, "God Bless it!," or, "Jesus Christ!," they are clearly cursing; even though the utterance of "God Bless it" isn't a curse on its own. I have loosely defined cursing as the vocalization of imprecatory thought. It's a much more difficult task to stop cursing under this definition.

Harmful
In Thessalonians 5 Paul instructs, "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." Psalm 34 says, "I will extol the Lord at all times; His praise will always be on my lips." This is part of what bearing good fruit looks like. What sort of fruit are we bearing if we curse with every breath? At a minimum, being full of curses prevents the bearing of good fruit.

Jesus cursed a fig tree and it withered. This isn't just the power of God. Jesus said that a Man's curse, combined with faith, can cast mountains into the sea. Cursing isn't nothing. It isn't trivial.

Leaps and Conjectures
I started to string together a handful of things. I don't have Scriptural reference citations to back it all up, so I don't know how much of it is me remembering pieces without the citation, and how much of it is me just making things up.

The Bible tells us to praise and pray ceaselessly, while the Kike's media and entertainment program us to curse ceaselessly. Everything they do seeks to turn us away from Yahweh. Cursing is guilty by association.

People curse when they are frustrated, impatient, or deriding others. It is a form of self-exaltation. You think you're better than others. You think you shouldn't have to wait. You're frustrated, because the present circumstances aren't good enough for you. It's an anti-Praise. It's anti-humility.

Jesus cursed a fig tree and it withered. When you curse and spit venom on everything, your desire to seek Yahweh withers. We are to seek Him in humility, acceptance, and rejoicing in all His judgements; even if they appear to be disfavorable to ourselves. Cursing is anti-rejoicing. You can't rejoice while cursing.

A Man is a vessel capable of containing the Holy Spirit. Your sins corrupt your vessel. Yahweh's Grace will repair your vessel, but you have to stop corrupting it. It's the equivalent of drilling holes in the bottom of your own boat. Repentance means that you stop drilling and regret the damage you've caused; not that you ask for yesterday's damage to be healed while you're busy inflicting the same damage today.

I basically formed an opinion that cursing was undermining my relationship with Yahweh on several levels, and that continued cursing was evidence of a lack of repentance and a lack of humility. When I lapse into cursing, I'm significantly ashamed.
"That's how deep my commitment is to you, Father? Despite all of Your blessings and Grace showered upon me, I can't, or worse, won't even control what comes out of my own mouth?"

** Yashua was the unerring and perfect sacrificial lamb. This means He lived without sin, and He cursed the fig tree. From this I must conclude that there is a circumstance where the vocalization of imprecatory thought is appropriate and not contrary to Yahweh. I'm open to learning what these circumstances are, but am abrasive towards using the above as an excuse to not endeavor after repentance.
Husbands: Love your wives as Christ loved the church.
TJ

Re: Thoughts on Cursing

Postby Nayto » Sat May 11, 2013 10:44 am

If you're referring to bad language, I lump it in with the same category as looking after your body and looking after your family. Paul mentioned that you shouldn't even think to lead if you can't even keep your own family in control (as a man). It is my personal believe that one of the tiers of this is to look after your own body as well. If you can't control your own body, how will you control the body of Christ?

By the same token, just as we must control our bodies and our families, likewise we must control our tongues. In fact, I would say that controlling your tongue is the most important given how much scripture speaks badly of it. I once had this discussion with my wife, and you can go down a sort of nihilistic road by which you can make the reasoning that foul language is just a social construct. While that is true, scripture tells us to be as innocent as a dove and to avoid the appearance of evil. Sure, today's society changes evil for good and good for evil, but swearing is one of those things where we can avoid it without spiritual harm. So if you can do something good in the eyes of society without it being scriptural evil, why not?

It goes a little further though. The tongue can cause pain without foul language. The way I see it though, avoiding foul language is the first step to controlling your tongue. How are you going to control yourself and not hurt your kindred if you can't even stop yourself from using foul language first? It's almost like practice in self-discipline and discipline in general.

In conclusion, learn to lead your body, family and tongue before presuming to lead your kindred.
Nayto

Postby Penny » Sat May 11, 2013 3:23 pm

Nayto wrote:In conclusion, learn to lead your body, family and tongue before presuming to lead your kindred.

I assure you, he is a very capable leader of his family, takes this role VERY seriously and is successful at it. As his wife, I would know.

He most certainly was not being presumptuous. It was intended to be a discussion. Happy you have it all figured out.
Wives: Submit to your husbands as to God.
Penny

Postby Kentucky » Sat May 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Penny wrote:
Nayto wrote:In conclusion, learn to lead your body, family and tongue before presuming to lead your kindred.

I assure you, he is a very capable leader of his family, takes this role VERY seriously and is successful at it. As his wife, I would know.

He most certainly was not being presumptuous. It was intended to be a discussion. Happy you have it all figured out.

Hi good lady,
I don't think Nayto was addressing your hubby personally; the preceding paragraph sounded like a generalization. Nayto is a friendly brother.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Kentucky » Sat May 11, 2013 4:04 pm

Be proud of your race's language and set the example with uncontaminated grammar. The purity of English discourse is the 'writing on the wall' to inform our enemies that a new paradigm is on the way. The browning of our English language is on the way out. We will win with what we say: Victory in word and deed! Do you speak the pure language of your calling? To call upon your God?

Full article here: http://www.kinsmanredeemer.com/PureLanguage.htm

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Penny » Sat May 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Kentucky wrote:
Penny wrote:

Hi good lady,
I don't think Nayto was addressing your hubby personally; the preceding paragraph sounded like a generalization. Nayto is a friendly brother.

Mark

I apologize if I over-reacted. It came across to me like ...... well, I think it is obvious how I took it. ;)

If he meant it as I took it, then I stand by what I said. If I misunderstood his meaning, I apologize.

I have a wonderful hubby and am beyond blessed to have him. I cannot help but respond if I think someone is speaking ill of him or improperly to him.
Penny

Postby Nayto » Sat May 11, 2013 4:38 pm

No harm done. Mark was absolutely right; I was speaking generally. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Mark! Regardless, as a man I'm sure he could defend himself were I being a proverbial ass :D

Anyway, I actually enjoy TJ's posts even though I don't always comment.
Nayto

Postby Penny » Sat May 11, 2013 7:24 pm

Nayto wrote:No harm done. Mark was absolutely right; I was speaking generally. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Mark! Regardless, as a man I'm sure he could defend himself were I being a proverbial ass :D

Anyway, I actually enjoy TJ's posts even though I don't always comment.

Nayto, I am sorry I took your comment the wrong way. I do apologize.

I am a proud wife. What can I say ? ;)

You are correct. He can defend himself well. But he was out running an errand and I thought I would help. :P
Penny

Postby TJ » Sat May 11, 2013 7:26 pm

{SIGH}

Thanks for being in good spirits everyone. We're expecting, and she's easily inspired right now.
Husbands: Love your wives as Christ loved the church.
TJ

Postby Linda » Sat May 11, 2013 8:00 pm

TJ,
You said many things to remind me of where I came from and where my Father has brought me to....33 years ago, I was a cussing woman. I had a filthy mouth. When Yahweh saw fit to visit me and turn my life around, my nasty mouth had to go. Plain and simple. I was convicted in my heart that as a woman of the Most High God, I could not be a shining light in a dark and fallen world if my language did not reflect the holiness of my Creator. I could write a whole lot on this experience I had and how I was transformed in the process. But I will stop there.

I went for 31 years free of cussing. I started to see myself becoming lax in my changed language to falling back to the "old habit" of saying some curse words again when I started to listen to some in C.I. When I listened to people in general in these circles.
Now I don't blame them for me deciding what words to use. I blame myself for allowing this to happen. I am reminded of how my Father delivered me from this foul language so many years ago to fall back into it again by simply being around those who cuss. And this is not being said to judge those who want to curse and see nothing wrong with it. But if good fruit is to come from this vessel, cursing has to go.
Don't think for one minute those on the outside do not look at us to see a real difference in the way we conduct ourselves in this world. That covers a bunch of territory.[like nayto said] I am talking about our people. Our children and who else we come in contact with.

This was just a small testimony of my experience with cursing as a Godly woman.
The post you made was very welcomed by me and caused me to "think" and "appreciate" how the Father loves his children to help them be overcomers in a sick world where everything is fallen and contrary to his holiness.
Thanks TJ and Yahweh continue to bless that fiery woman you have!
Linda
PSALM 22:22 I will declare your Name to my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise you. 23 You that fear Yahweh, praise Him; all you the Seed of Jacob glorify Him; and fear Him, all you the Seed of Israel. 28 For the Kingdom Is Yahweh's and he is the governor among the nations.
Linda

Next

Return to Christian Identity Directions