This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Thoughts on Cursing

This forum is for discussions and questions concerning Christian Identity direction, doctrine and debate.

Re: Thoughts on Cursing

Postby ElleJay » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:01 pm

Hunter ... thanks for the word studies.

I was raised in a home where "cussing" was a no, no ... and I still abstain. However ... "holy ... " was never thought of in such a way. I shall revise my speech!! :) (... although I seldom say "holy" unless it has to do with Biblical discussions.)

I read Mark's article, "Taking Command of a Pure Language." It started me thinking about my growing up years ... and an Aunt I had (by marriage). She used filthy language, among other things, and she was the example of what a young girl ... growing into a young lady ... should not be. She seemed to enjoy wallowing in all of her filth. (Personally, I think my parents should have barred her from he door of our home ... and we children should never have been exposed to her.)

I am concerned about how body parts are used today ... and sound like "sware" words in and of themselves. Those who would never be caught using foul language seem to be falling into this word trap more and more.

So sad to see how far our culture continues to slide towards the abyss.

Anyway ... thanks again.

Elle
ElleJay

Previous

Return to Christian Identity Directions