This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Country Music

Country Music

Postby Joe » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:36 am

Would people mind posting American Country/Western music that they like, ballads, folk songs ...just country type music, the real stuff. I appreciate any shares anyone has to get me started.

I have found it difficult to access country music (I was never exposed to it growing-up), and now I am realizing that I would like to explore it more.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Re: Country Music

Postby Joe » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:07 am

One of my favourite country songs, Staro showed it to me.

I love the fiddle and banjo.
Teutonic also posted a great Gospel Country song, that is the sort of stuff I need to learn more about.

Despite the poor video quality, this is the best cover I could find, the banjo player is great.

I will keep posting stuff I find.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Gaius » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:50 am

A massive genre, Joe.

Vintage material from Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs --

Marty Robbins "Gunfighter Ballads" --

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
(Romans 8 v 31)
Gaius

Postby wmfinck » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:54 am

Most American Country music being played now is straighht jew pop-culture trash.

There are some good musicians who do not get much mainstream airplay, or get none at all, who can still make real music.

At times, I can like Hank Williams III or even David Allan Coe, but the lyrics are often filled with immorality, the promotion of booze and drugs and, especially with Coe, a lot of sex filth.

Real country music is closer to Bluegrass that the country-pop on the radio. Maybe you want to check that out on Youtube. Here is a popular sample:

But I thought you might like this, LOL

I have played it as bumper music before programs.

If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby wmfinck » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:55 am

LOL, Gaius beat me to Earl Scruggs by just a few seconds.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Teutonic » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:59 am

My top 10:

David Allen Coe
Merle Haggard (recently deceased)
Johnny Cash
Alabama
Ralph Stanley
Willie Nelson
Chris Knight
Johnny Paycheck
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Waylon Jennings
Duty, Honour, Sacrifice.
Teutonic

Postby EzraLB » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:11 am

Here's some traditional American folk music from deep Appalachia--featuring John Jacob Niles:

"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Postby brucebohn » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:28 am

Could not resist Joe. A little mountain music, complete with a Jig (dance)!
Give it a chance :lol: ...

"Do you not know that with those running in a race,while all run,
but one takes the prize? In that manner you run, in order that you shall obtain."
1Cor. 9:24
brucebohn

Postby Teutonic » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:25 pm

wmfinck wrote:At times, I can like Hank Williams III or even David Allan Coe, but the lyrics are often filled with immorality, the promotion of booze and drugs and, especially with Coe, a lot of sex filth.

LOL, I was surprised you included Hank III, I was a little reluctant to include him on my list for the aforementioned reasons...but I do listen to him from time to time.

In his defense at least he never sold out to conform to the mainstream pop-country garbage.

Also, at times Coe goes a little too far with his sexual lyrics but he has always remained my favorite. It's just hard to top "you never even called me by my name" and "if that ain't country I'll kiss your ass."
Duty, Honour, Sacrifice.
Teutonic

Postby Joe » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:30 pm

That was great Mr.Bohn, I have heard the song (actual recording) before but have never seen the movie that it is from.

You guys have made my day, I have been sitting here going through a lot of this stuff after a pretty tough day (like everyone else I'm sure). Hank Williams, Marty Robbins and I am looking at bluegrass too ...which is exactly the sort of thing I have in mind.

That list helps greatly Teutonic, thank-you. The old time stuff, wow, Gaius that video is 2 hours long! lol, thanks.

So I've got some good recommendations and a good place to start. Thank-you.

Gaius said
A massive genre, Joe.

You are right Gaius, a little thoughtless on my part.

BruceBohn wrote:
Could not resist Joe. A little mountain music, complete with a Jig (dance)!
Give it a chance :lol: ...

I just wanted to add something about the jig. Do you think this is where Southern American jigs comes from?
Joe

Next

Return to CI Music & Poetry