This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Chuck Berry Admits White, Not Black Influences

Re: Chuck Berry Admits White, Not Black Influences

Postby Staropramen » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:45 am

matthewott wrote:If you paid attention to the scholarship here, you would know that it is properly translated "touch not the unclean"...people. This is not a verse that substantiates some subliminal meaning to stay away from rock music.



Oops. Looks like I made that same mistake. Thank you for that correction brother. :beer:
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
User avatar
Staropramen
 
Posts: 2026
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Chuck Berry Admits White, Not Black Influences

Postby matthewott » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:00 pm

Kentucky wrote:
matthewott wrote:or he will simply choose to keep such opinions to himself in the future, knowing he is overwhelmingly out numbered.

A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Christ and His Disciples were outnumbered. But, in the end, Christianity grew exponentially and won the victory. Not that the aforementioned has anything to do with the thread topic, but controversial subjects, not necessarily clarified by Scripture, are not decided by plebiscite, but rather by the fruits brought forth to advance the Kingdom. I pray Nico returns and that we eventually reconcile the principle of the matter. Our Christian demeanor should be such that no one feels intimidated to speak what they believe to be the truth simply because they are the lone voice crying in the wilderness. If that is the case, then we are no better than Stormfront. "Quench not the Spirit" I Thes. 5:19.

Mark



You know, I was going to make the same analogy about Democracy, but that is exactly why I phrased it like I did. Christianity is NOT a democracy. When the majority of your brethren keep telling you that you are wrong according to scripture, or that at least whatever "agenda" you are pushing can be relegated to a simple opinion and left alone, then that is the scriptural way of solving disputes. The majority of us here have proven to Nico that his self righteous position in this matter was wrong, and it is obviously wrong as he has now taken personal offense to his "pet doctrine" being proven unscriptural, and that his subsequent behavior was, well, un-christian. No one here is trying to shove the metal band Slayer down his throat, but you would swear we were. Nico insulted my way of life completely unapologetically. He did not even address my initial post concerning his blatant insult. I felt that we all did our christian duty here. Bill has mentioned many times in the past that this is not a democracy, and I was not trying to infer that at all, just trying to substantiate our scriptural duties as a christian community.

but controversial subjects, not necessarily clarified by Scripture, are not decided by plebiscite, but rather by the fruits brought forth to advance the Kingdom.


Which is exactly what I believe we as a community here proved to Nico...

Our Christian demeanor should be such that no one feels intimidated to speak what they believe to be the truth simply because they are the lone voice crying in the wilderness. If that is the case, then we are no better than Stormfront.


I do not want my quote to be miscontrued; by stating "such opinions", I was specifically referring to his anti-rock agenda. That's what they are, opinions. We obviously are not here to deter our brethren from posting their opinions, but when those opinions start becoming an obvious problem to our christian harmony, it is our duty to address them, such as we did. A mature, responsible christian should recognize when something can ONLY be held as an opinion, and that when that opinion is not agreed upon, that we don't try to shove it down our brothers' throats in self righteous indignation, as was exhibited here. Plain and simple, Nico is breaking one of the 2 great commandments...he is NOT loving his brethren. He is NOT exhibiting mercy or justice in this matter. He went on the attack, unjustifiably, and we were forced to defend ourselves in a proper christian manner. However, at this point, I'm beginning to lose my patience with him...
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
User avatar
matthewott
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: Millersburg PA

Re: Chuck Berry Admits White, Not Black Influences

Postby matthewott » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:42 pm

I'm going to make one last comment concerning "opinions".

If I said, "Man, I think you stink. I don't like your cologne," to a fellow Christian, I would expect that my opinion was heard and he was mature enough to accept it and move on. No feelings hurt. Point made. If that person continues to wear that cologne because they are of the opinion that it smells good, does that give me the right to keep hounding them because I THINK that their cologne stinks, and turn my opinion into an offensive weapon? Of course not. It is my duty to be respectful of their opinion as they were of mine...and keep my distance if I don't like it. What is so hard for Nico to understand about that, other than he is convinced that his OPINION is scriptural fact?...and we have proven that otherwise time and again.
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
User avatar
matthewott
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: Millersburg PA

Re: Chuck Berry Admits White, Not Black Influences

Postby Kentucky » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:15 pm

matthewott wrote:We obviously are not here to deter our brethren from posting their opinions, but when those opinions start becoming an obvious problem to our christian harmony, it is our duty to address them, such as we did. A mature, responsible christian should recognize when something can ONLY be held as an opinion, and that when that opinion is not agreed upon, that we don't try to shove it down our brothers' throats in self righteous indignation, as was exhibited here. Plain and simple, Nico is breaking one of the 2 great commandments...he is NOT loving his brethren. He is NOT exhibiting mercy or justice in this matter. He went on the attack, unjustifiably, and we were forced to defend ourselves in a proper christian manner. However, at this point, I'm beginning to lose my patience with him...

I hear ya Matt and the way we converse with each other is a reflection of our Christian walk. Wow, patience and forgiveness is there for a reason :beer:

Mark
User avatar
Kentucky
 
Posts: 1803
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:20 am

Re: Chuck Berry Admits White, Not Black Influences

Postby matthewott » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:00 pm

Kentucky wrote:Wow, patience...


Indeed my brother...8 pages of mutual christian patience on a 10 page thread to try to teach a brother about brotherly love and humility. Only trolls are ever known to waste our time in such a manner.

and forgiveness is there for a reason :beer:


Apologies, get real. I stand by what I said and will not take it back; not out of pride, but out of knowing you lot are certainly not right.


Forgiveness is there only for those who seek it :ugeek:
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
User avatar
matthewott
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: Millersburg PA

Re: Chuck Berry Admits White, Not Black Influences

Postby brucebohn » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:41 pm

This may be the first time he has spelled it out,
but not the first that he has condemned the
good folks here who may have disagreed with
his "paradigm" or scriptural discernment.
"Go to Hell"??
Shades of,
(Jack Nicholson) "You can't handle the truth"!
"Do you not know that with those running in a race,while all run,
but one takes the prize? In that manner you run, in order that you shall obtain."
1Cor. 9:24
User avatar
brucebohn
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: GEORGIA

Re: Chuck Berry Admits White, Not Black Influences

Postby NicoChristian » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:12 am

I'm going to have to contradict myself about not posting anymore, but so be it. I had a talk with Bill and Bryan and John last night on teamspeak. I don't want to leave things on a bad note so I think this discussion should be ended on a good note.

As previously stated these forums often become misunderstood. You lot have misunderstood some of the things I have said and I may have done the same. I even noticed last night how any misunderstandings can be cleared up easily on teamspeak, but on a forum they fester and grow. To clarify things I was from the beginning attacking mainstream music and its negative influence on our people. Yes I don't really like WNist rock much, but for the whole I'm indifferent to it. I don't really care if people produce that kind of music, but you won't find it in my collection.

I still stand by what I said and I think that's what we need. Not a vague commitment demonstrated by our sell out politicians. I do have a non-compromising personality; one reason for this is because of the people I'm surrounded by. They say to me, "oh I'm all for immigration, but they need to integrate", or stupidity like that. My response is a flat out non-compromising, no. People say to me that Sikhs get unfairly targeted by people looking to attack Muslims. I say they're simply collateral damage. I stand by what I say because I believe in it and live by it and apply it to my life. But I'm not the kind to force it on others; that is the mistake that was made here. I understand that it may appear like that; I assure you it was not. I do believe that each man needs to decide for himself and come to a moral conclusion; that said we all need a moral standard and some things are undeniably evil and immoral.

Regardless of any arguements, I don't want to leave any kind of emnity and I hope this can be forgotten about and we can move forward.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:21 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Chuck Berry Admits White, Not Black Influences

Postby EzraLB » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:27 am

Nico, that's well-said--thanks for the clarification. I do admire your passion and ability to reflect on this issue. Seems like most of us here share your same uncompromising attitude about the most important issues, such as those you mentioned. We may have spats over non-Scriptural issues, but we don't compromise where it counts the most. I appreciate your comments...
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
User avatar
EzraLB
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:32 am

Re: Chuck Berry Admits White, Not Black Influences

Postby Gaius » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:45 am

Glad to see this. Our greatest enemy is ourselves (I mean this of myself and not as a cheap sermon to any brethren ...). Israel is strengthened as that great Day approaches.
Praise Christ our Kinsman Redeemer.
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
(Romans 8 v 31)
User avatar
Gaius
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Ulster

Re: Chuck Berry Admits White, Not Black Influences

Postby matthewott » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:14 pm

Nico, I appreciate your candor and your bravery to post here again despite your previous statement of not posting again. While I have not been on teamspeak in a while, I finally downloaded it a week or so ago and popped into the chatroom once, so I'm not pulling your leg when I say that I'm sorry I missed the discussion. In truth, and in the light of the frustration that was this thread, last night would have been the first night in years that I would have been on teamspeak to talk. However, I had to work in my evil field, to make evil shekels, to raise heathen children and support a wife covered in (evil) tattoos, last night. I did not just say that to be facetious, but to point out that not all of us have the luxury of the "all or nothing", black and white, cut and dry mindset. Obviously there is no compromising with Scripture, but Scripture must be used to moderate our lives in this despicable, satanic society, and where Scripture is not specific, we need to use our informed, christian judgement, and that judgement cannot be construed as a "one size fits all". Just because it works for you, does not mean it works for me. I was not there last night, obviously, to know what all was said, so I don't want to regurgitate what you have already heard. My last words on this subject is simply that I pray you have learned that your approach in this matter was not done in love and compassion, but in a bitterness that completely overshadowed the christian gesture you were trying to portray, and that next time, such admonitions will be tempered with brotherly love. Peace be with you, my brother :ugeek:
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
User avatar
matthewott
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: Millersburg PA

Previous

Return to CI Music & Poetry

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron