This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Chuck Berry Admits White, Not Black Influences

Re: Chuck Berry Admits White, Not Black Influences

Postby Staropramen » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:42 am

"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby BrettLight » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:46 am

Well things get stretched out of all proportions concerning the 'evil' of rock n' roll. I love good rock music and I need it! I work a physical job and it suits my moods and purposes.... If I'm a degenerate idiot for the music I listen to, then so be it! I know what I stand for! Here's a great song:
BrettLight

Postby BrettLight » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:00 am

If we cant get over the fact that we are all PERSONALLY DIFFERENT then we're in big trouble. As was said before in this thread, there is a Jewish influence which has infiltrated all aspects and genres of music. You just have to be able to pick what's good and what you like... and there you go! I have no problem with someone who doesn't like rock/heavy metal, that's their choice. If classical is your thing then go for it! It's not my thing at this stage in my life, I'll never say never, but you know..... At the moment I have a.....
BrettLight

Postby Staropramen » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:15 am

BrettLight wrote:Well things get stretched out of all proportions concerning the 'evil' of rock n' roll. I love good rock music and I need it! I work a physical job and it suits my moods and purposes.... If I'm a degenerate idiot for the music I listen to, then so be it! I know what I stand for! Here's a great song:

Motorhead is good music to listen to when you work. I have the 2CD Best of Motorhead on my iPod for this purpose.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby BrettLight » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:40 am

"Motorhead is good music to listen to when you work. I have the 2CD Best of Motorhead on my iPod for this purpose."
I dunno how to do the quote someone else thing here on the forum yet. So copy paste will do. Staropramen, you are correct. Good to see someone being honest and not a self-righteous arsehole!! It's great music! The thing is people always like to associate you listening to something as if you approve of every lifestyle choice made by the music maker, which is insane... I love Motorhead but that doesn't mean I approve of everything Lemmy said or did. If i had to approve every musician on that basis then I'd be listening to nothing!!! Haha
BrettLight

Postby wmfinck » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:27 am

BrettLight wrote:If i had to approve every musician on that basis then I'd be listening to nothing!!! Haha

Cannot even listen to the Psalms of David. Did he not have Uriah killed? And his son screwed around with a few Canaanite women...

Puritanical self-righteousness is founded upon Pharisaical self-righteousness. It has to be cleansed from CI.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby BrettLight » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:31 pm

wmfinck wrote:BrettLight wrote:
If i had to approve every musician on that basis then I'd be listening to nothing!!! Haha

Cannot even listen to the Psalms of David. Did he not have Uriah killed? And his son screwed around with a few Canaanite women...

Puritanical self-righteousness is founded upon Pharisaical self-righteousness. It has to be cleansed from CI.

Well summed up. The last thing we need is self-righteous driving any new-comers away via their bull!
BrettLight

Postby Joe » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:32 am

I hope Nico comes back.

The love we have here is the love of God, and we expect our fellows to put God and the Bible first and use it to edify us. People here take the time to do that, because they love God first and they love their brother second.

I have been wrong and will make mistakes, others have been wrong.
Look at Filidh's example, in response to Mark spending much time talking to him:

Filidh wrote:
after much thought, not just on these posts of mine but on my whole attitude, i have to say that i was wrong in what i posted here. each individual is not able to be as god, that was a lie of the serpent. i believed it in my rebellion and my stupidity. yahshua christ is able to work thru us and give us great life, but it is only thru him and we, by ourselves, are unable to achieve anything close to goodness.

Notice at the end of his comment he talks about goodness.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby matthewott » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:05 pm

I don't think Nico is gone. I saw a post from him a few days ago. I personally am not upset with him, just a bit perturbed at what seems to be a slight hangup in his beliefs. I just think he may be purposely avoiding this thread...and for good reason, I'm afraid. I'm sure many of us here may be looking for an apology, though I won't lose sleep if one is not forthcoming. I don't want to throw him under the bus over this, as it just might take some time for things to sink in. I have faith that he will either come around to a proper understanding that we have well elucidated here, or he will simply choose to keep such opinions to himself in the future, knowing he is overwhelmingly out numbered. Peace of Christ be with him.
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
matthewott

Postby Les » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:08 pm

I hope Nico calms down and understands, not everybody that likes "hard" music like rock / metal is a deviant or something like that, but I will agree, it has lead too many of our young folk astray.
I like classical music, but only WAGNER is what moves me, so am I jerk for not liking enough of the "wimpy" classical stuff ?

This thread also brings up what I heard when first introduced to the white power movement.
Did Chuck Berry rip off "Johnny B. Goode' originally written by a poor,white man, who had no legal representation ?
I used to have some 1980s newspapers from the Klan (USA), that said who was the original writer of the song.
Also, if you know how music scene works and who controls it, it is not above them to assassinate a musician. Plenty of "conspiracy" videos on YouTube that raise more than a more doubt.
Les

PreviousNext

Return to CI Music & Poetry