This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

A Christian Philosophy of Music

Re: A Christian Philosophy of Music

Postby Staropramen » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:01 pm

Contemporary Christian Music [or "CCM"] is, for the most part pretty awful. But it should be noted that pop/rock music in general these last couple of decades has been pretty awful. I'm very familiar with the "Jesus Rock" movement of the late 60's and early 70's. Like secular rock music during this period there were some really great Christian bands [Fraction, The Search Party, The Exkursions, Agape, etc], some mediocre ones like Armageddon Experience and some lousy ones not worth mentioning. Bad music is bad music not because rhythm is evil or rock is satanic. Some folks just can't produce good tunes.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Fenwick » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:47 am

Staropramen wrote: Bad music is bad music not because rhythm is evil or rock is satanic. Some folks just can't produce good tunes.

Indeed. As I said on SF a while back:

I've always wondered why so much of WN music seems to involve trying to spew out as much verbiage as possible, without regard to the rhyming scheme or even staying in sync with your own music.
Fenwick

Postby Staropramen » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:43 pm

Fenwick wrote:
Staropramen wrote: Bad music is bad music not because rhythm is evil or rock is satanic. Some folks just can't produce good tunes.

Indeed. As I said on SF a while back:

I've always wondered why so much of WN music seems to involve trying to spew out as much verbiage as possible, without regard to the rhyming scheme or even staying in sync with your own music.

Skrewdriver is the only "WN" rock band that I've heard that I think was any good.
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Staropramen

Postby Joe » Sun May 04, 2014 1:38 am

Staropramen posted a doco a while back about judas priest. They had subliminal messages which encouraged people to commit suicide. Two young men did try, one died.

Mozart was actually a manufactured artist, where many artist contributed and released music under his name, also many things were attributed to Mozart which were not actually written by him.

In the same way I think much of today's music is manufactured to produce certain kinds of emotions, fashion and thinking in today's youth. What's-more the music we listen to when we were young shapes our taste in music and our emotional character for life.

After watching that doco, 'The Dream Deceivers', I now realize that much of the music I listened to was probably created with a certain goal in mind.
Another strange point is the complexity of the lyrics contrasted against the stupidity of the lead singer, which I have seen with other bands.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Staropramen » Sun May 04, 2014 10:10 am

Joe wrote:Staropramen posted a doco a while back about judas priest. They had subliminal messages which encouraged people to commit suicide. Two young men did try, one died.

''I don't know what subliminals are, but I do know there's nothing like that in this music,'' said Bill Curbishley, who manages Judas Priest as well as the Who and Robert Plant, the former Led Zeppelin lead singer. ''If we were going to do that, I'd be saying, 'Buy seven copies,' not telling a couple of screwed-up kids to kill themselves.''

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/07/17/arts/ ... icide.html

Joe, during the 1980's one of the biggest satanic cults in America, judeochristianity started looking for scapegoats to blame for their screwed up children. Since judeochristians, like their god the jews never, ever take personal responsibility for their vile behavior rock music became a target. Books about the evils of rock music became a lucrative business for judeochristians while their god, the jews began creating some overtly comic-book type satanic rock bands like Venom, for example. Together they did some good business for awhile. Later this program was scrapped in favor of nigger worship pushed from the pulpits and jew record executives shifting their focus to rap noise. The jews had by then convinced judeochristians to turn their children over to satan willingly! Anyway all of this is hardly a valid reason to indict rock music in general. You can take any piece of music with words and play it backwards and find all sorts of weird things. That stuff isn't planted there, it's just what happens when you play words backwards. They often sound like different words.
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Staropramen

Postby Filidh » Sun May 04, 2014 6:39 pm

some of the time backmasking is just hearing things that aren't there, but some of the time there are actual messages placed subliminally in music. for example:

some of it is blatant. just because some music doesn't have subliminals doesn't mean that all of it is clean.

also, i am forced to agree with mark's opening post, for the most part.
real name's trevor :-)
Filidh

Postby Staropramen » Sun May 04, 2014 10:14 pm

The Pink Floyd clip is obviously a joke and there is nothing subliminal about it. It's plainly clear when you listen to it normally that a tape of backwards speech was mixed in.

For a message to be subliminal one would have to first work out what it is that they want to communicate. Then they would have to construct understandable lyrics that when played backwards would communicate the real intended message. I would be interested in seeing some examples of people, for demonstration purposes constructing lyrics that accomplish this and that make any sort of sense. That's not to say songs with nonsense lyrics don't exist. Maybe there is a sinister motive behind such songs?

I didn't listen to the nigger. Anything that comes out of a nigger's mouth is evil no matter what direction you play it.

If anyone is truly bothered by this stuff I would suggest not listening to music at all. I'm sure if you played some Christian music backwards you'd hear some naughty words also. Not because anyone placed them there on purpose, but for reasons already explained.
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Staropramen

Postby Staropramen » Sun May 04, 2014 10:55 pm

Another thought: if bad words and evil messages do randomly appear by chance are we to assume that those are harmful also? It's still an unwanted message allegedly being communicated. I think we should worry about what is unwholesome and clearly communicated rather than this stuff.
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Staropramen

Postby Lang » Mon May 05, 2014 2:11 am

Contemporary Christian Music [or "CCM"] is, for the most part pretty awful. But it should be noted that pop/rock music in general these last couple of decades has been pretty awful.

The musics people sing in judeochurchianity services are so annoying, horrible! It totally lacks any european connection, I feel an immediate repulsion when I hear these musics, can't stand it. Its just nigger noise and emotional garbage filled with a jewish spirit. 0% european, 100% bastard. And the worst kind of bastard combination - nigger's loud storm of emotions leaded by a jewish spirit.

What annoys me more is how judeochristians listen to this crap like if Christ was playing it because they got convinced its holy music. Specially when my mom listens to it. She is in a state of worshipping with her new church, which is called "maranata". She thinks everything else is bad, but her church is all holliness and the only "good church" left, even though there is no real difference between it and a baptist church, for example.

About the playing backwards and subliminal message thing, judeochurchianity loves it. Even though there is cultural marxism destroying the race, family and nation right in their faces, without any subliminal methods, they insist on finding secret subliminal messages of some vague spirit/satanist thing, like if the enemy was a bunch of evil angels coming down to Earth to battle with Christ Himself, and after this we all live happily ever after. I would rather be this evil satanist than a judeochristian. At least a satanist says he is evil, while a judeochristian deceives the sheep, which is even more evil.
"Give a hammer to a white, and he will build civilization;
Give a hammer to an asian, and he will build other hammers;
Give a hammer to an arab, and he will kill his wife;
Give a hammer to a nigger, and he will kill whites;
Give a hammer to a jew, and he will sell it to niggers.
"

J.M.
Lang

Postby Joe » Mon May 05, 2014 2:49 am

Staropramen said:
Another thought: if bad words and evil messages do randomly appear by chance are we to assume that those are harmful also? It's still an unwanted message allegedly being communicated. I think we should worry about what is unwholesome and clearly communicated rather than this stuff.

Even without the subliminals, you have to admit that judas priest had lyrics that encouraged suicide. So I guess you are right in that we should focus on what is actually being communicated. Of-course those lyrics were protected by the First Amendment. The dream deceiver's lyrics are pretty creepy as well.

Those kids were influenced by the actual lyrics of the song, I guess the subliminals (there or not) are irrelevant.

Lang said:
The musics people sing in judeochurchianity services are so annoying, horrible! It totally lacks any european connection, I feel an immediate repulsion when I hear these musics, can't stand it. Its just nigger noise and emotional garbage filled with a jewish spirit. 0% european, 100% bastard. And the worst kind of bastard combination - nigger's loud storm of emotions leaded by a jewish spirit.

Yeah, I can imagine it getting to the point were it resembles some kind of voo-doo ritual, where niggers dance around to a drum and get possessed by evil spirits. I don't think white people would even realize then, they already perform 'Christian' rap music to appeal to niggers. Evangelicals resemble possessed nigger/voo-doo type rituals.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

PreviousNext

Return to CI Music & Poetry