This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

The Clansman by Iron Maiden

Re: The Clansman by Iron Maiden

Postby Staropramen » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:42 pm

Also, NicoChristian,

Where is the pro-abortion message in that song?
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby NicoChristian » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:38 pm

two minutes to midnight,
to kill the unborn in the womb.

Yeah I know I'm taking it way out of context and not undestanding the meaning. You know all of Iron Maiden c.ds had images of devils, their lyrics are pretty eyebrow raising and refer to all that is devilish and satanic. The performers are most likely morally questionable and hardly role models of Christian righteousness, their concerts resemble a satanic cult. After all that you still defend them.

Firstly, if somebody such as myself wishes to avoid such music you shouldn't be going all out on me. Secondly you should consider what you are listening to. As far as I'm concerned no strict Christian would want to be exposed to such music. I'm very picky on music, even classical music can have bad influences. I used to listen to Nightwish, but after looking over their lyrics I decided that it wasn't good to listen to such crap. I'm very familiar with Iron Maiden, nothing they've produced is Christian at all. They may deny being satanists, but even Ozzy denies it yet he obviously is. None of them are for Christ.

I'll put it to you this way, is their music havinga positive influence on our society. Is it promoting Christian values, most people who listen to Iron Maiden are devil worshipping goths. I'm picky on music, anything which is negative and does bad for society can get lost, anything that doesn't promote our Lord Christ or our way of life can get binned. You may be more liberal than me, you sholdn't criticize me for not accepting that kind of music and I think you should review their music and think twice about what you listen to.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Postby Staropramen » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:11 pm

NicoChristian wrote:two minutes to midnight,
to kill the unborn in the womb.

Yeah I know I'm taking it way out of context and not undestanding the meaning. You know all of Iron Maiden c.ds had images of devils, their lyrics are pretty eyebrow raising and refer to all that is devilish and satanic. The performers are most likely morally questionable and hardly role models of Christian righteousness, their concerts resemble a satanic cult. After all that you still defend them.

Firstly, if somebody such as myself wishes to avoid such music you shouldn't be going all out on me. Secondly you should consider what you are listening to. As far as I'm concerned no strict Christian would want to be exposed to such music. I'm very picky on music, even classical music can have bad influences. I used to listen to Nightwish, but after looking over their lyrics I decided that it wasn't good to listen to such crap. I'm very familiar with Iron Maiden, nothing they've produced is Christian at all. They may deny being satanists, but even Ozzy denies it yet he obviously is. None of them are for Christ.

I'll put it to you this way, is their music havinga positive influence on our society. Is it promoting Christian values, most people who listen to Iron Maiden are devil worshipping goths. I'm picky on music, anything which is negative and does bad for society can get lost, anything that doesn't promote our Lord Christ or our way of life can get binned. You may be more liberal than me, you sholdn't criticize me for not accepting that kind of music and I think you should review their music and think twice about what you listen to.

As I suggested in your self defence thread it really would be better if we avoid each other's threads. You obviously have a problem with reading comprehension and what you post is just threadcrapping. I posted a link to ONE song that I thought was good and that CI people might appreciate. I never intended to "defend Iron Maiden" as a whole and stated from the outset that some of their material is questionable, like the horror movie themed/inspired stuff on the early albums. I've been responding to your threadcrapping on specific accusations, not defending or promoting Iron Maiden on the whole. If you want to believe that one line out of context means something that there is no evidence to support that it means be my guest. But please keep such ignorance out of my threads.
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Staropramen

Postby Kentucky » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:17 pm

This is not Stormfront where anonymous posters can hurl animus and invective. We are here by the gracious invitation of our host and Christian brother Bill Finck to politely discuss the issues that concern us. Personal attacks are best left to other forums that have no standards of decorum. We are all Christian Identity and therefore brothers and sisters in Christ.

My own senior pastor at our church is vociferously opposed to any form of rock n' roll; he says it is the work of the devil. On the other hand, I tend not to throw the baby out with the bathwater, recognizing that the innumerable genres of this type of music might actually be pleasing to our Father. As in most other art forms, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I would hate to think that a mere song would percolate and fester disfellowshipping. "Prove all things, hold fast that which is good" I Thes. 5:21.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby NicoChristian » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Agreed, I simply was putting forth my views on rock music that I prefer to avoid. I'm not stuck up and can sincerly say I never meant any offence and would rather continue talking with a fellow brother than to avoid each other's threads. I won't ditch a brother simply because his taste in music is not mine. Apologies where due and I would like to continue discussing other topics as I'm sure you would.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Postby Staropramen » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:49 pm

NicoChristian wrote:Agreed, I simply was putting forth my views on rock music that I prefer to avoid. I'm not stuck up and can sincerly say I never meant any offence and would rather continue talking with a fellow brother than to avoid each other's threads. I won't ditch a brother simply because his taste in music is not mine. Apologies where due and I would like to continue discussing other topics as I'm sure you would.

Cool. Apologies where due as well. :)
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Staropramen

Postby Eveleen » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:16 pm

Talking about music, do you know some rock bands that have more or less acceptable lyrics? I like rock music, but it is sometimes hard to find a good bands that have "non-satanic" lyrics. Thanks!
Eveleen

Postby Nayto » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:30 am

Kentucky wrote:As in most other art forms, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Sometimes the eye is rotten.

Eveleen wrote:Talking about music, do you know some rock bands that have more or less acceptable lyrics? I like rock music, but it is sometimes hard to find a good bands that have "non-satanic" lyrics. Thanks!

Check out a band called "Theocracy" (progressive power metal) and "Darkwater" (progressive metal). You could also try the album "Temptation Come My Way" (southern rock -- classically influenced, not blues) by a band called "The Showdown".
Nayto

Postby Eveleen » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:57 am

Nayto wrote:Check out a band called "Theocracy" (progressive power metal) and "Darkwater" (progressive metal). You could also try the album "Temptation Come My Way" (southern rock -- classically influenced, not blues) by a band called "The Showdown".

Thanks, great bands, I've listened to some songs and they are pretty good. I'm looking forward to clean my music folder of songs that have bad lyrics. Though one song might have a good sound, the lyrics could be anything but evil.

I also like some german bands, like "Unheilig". Although the name means "unholy or unsanity", thir lyrics are pretty good. It was actually because of listening to this band that I decided to study German instead of French. :mrgreen:

Eveleen

Postby Staropramen » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:42 pm

Eveleen wrote:Talking about music, do you know some rock bands that have more or less acceptable lyrics? I like rock music, but it is sometimes hard to find a good bands that have "non-satanic" lyrics. Thanks!

A few years back I did a Christian rock/folk program for Stormfront Radio's Christmas schedule. Here's an archive of that program;

http://archive.org/details/Staropramens ... 009Special
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Staropramen

PreviousNext

Return to CI Music & Poetry