This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

The Clansman by Iron Maiden

Re: The Clansman by Iron Maiden

Postby Nayto » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:19 am

Wow, I'm feeling dirty for listening to that music. Got rid of all my stuff, lol.

Thanks for the heads up Allan.
Nayto

Re: The Clansman by Iron Maiden

Postby Les » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:09 pm

I once got rid of almost all of my music many years ago, and that did not improve much.
It MIGHT have helped center myself. I have learned to ignore most lyrics.

When something is too bothersome, especially if blasphemous / gruesome, then yes, I will turn it off, or tune out the words if I like the music. That includes Megadeth.

When I was younger, I would memorize song lyrics as i was under the impression they were "important". It took maybe 20 years, but finally realized what most men think and say is garbage, but does that diminish the music?

Anyone that has a difficult time with who is a member of a band, or what they say, should definitely try disposing it. You will not only have to throw away most albums, but also never turn on the radio, as even so-called Christian stations/channels/music groups spread false ideas.

I tried it and life became more difficult, not easier.
Les

Previous

Return to CI Music & Poetry