This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

The Clansman by Iron Maiden

Re: The Clansman by Iron Maiden

Postby OldKingCole » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:11 pm

As far as the Clansman song being a good song by somebody who may have a questionable past, I think God's infinite mercy can bring any of us back from worldliness and darkness. I certainly wouldn't judge a man who, after living a questionable life, showed signs of maturity and repentance through good deeds. We don't know his relationship with the Redeemer. Remember when Yahweh dined with the prostitutes and the tax collectors, much to the disdain of the disciples? Yahweh told His disciples that he had not come for the righteous but for the sinners.

Praise Yahweh for never forgetting His own, and for extending His infinite love and mercy toward the repentant. I am one such case, and in my worldliness certainly didn't deserve forgiveness, yet by the grace of God I have been called back into the fold by Him. My own story reminds me of Yahweh's parable about the Shepard being willing to leave the 99 good cattle alone in their grazing while He goes to rescue the lost one.

Praise Yahweh, His infinite love, and infinite mercy!
OldKingCole

Postby matthewott » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:27 am

Ah yes, I suppose it's time I chimed in on this. Many of the members here know me as a musician. I have come a long way myself from my adolescent years of immersing myself in Slayer, Black Sabbath, Kiss, and many other "satanic" bands in the Rock genre (more specifically Metal here). However, I was equally influenced by what I considered "thought provoking" bands like Rush, Iron Maiden, and Dream Theater. At a young age I KNEW that music was powerful...like magic...and I had a gift to "spell". I praise Yahweh that my gift did NOT drag me into the pit of hell and since I refused to compromise my inner feelings (not being a staunch Christian Identist then), I am proud to be the poor, struggling musician that I am today! I had many opportunities in my past to lower my moral standards that have ALWAYS been etched on my heart in order to further my music career, but refused to do so. That does not mean I've been the perfect Christian or haven't fallen to certain bouts of depravity while being so deeply immersed in this cesspool called the entertainment industry. It means that, even though I would stumble and fall, I would always get back up to try to do things the "right way", and since putting the final piece of the puzzle together 4 years ago (the race issue), I have no doubt in my mind that my gift is to be dedicated to the glory of our Father and make the effort every day to do so. With that being said, allow me to expound on the "evils of rock n roll" issue at hand...

Iron Maiden was, and still is, one of my favorite bands. It has stood the test of time and my horribly detailed scrutinization (thanks to CI, lol). There are a some other bands of that genre I feel the same way about...Manowar, Megadeth, Metallica, and Alterbridge to name a few. We would all be kidding ourselves if we thought for a moment that ANY mainstream artist is NOT corrupt. The jew cannot allow the Truth in the mainstream. However, many of these ALL WHITE bands are managing to get at least partial truths out there due the law inscribed on their hearts, and have a tendency to provoke thought within the mind of the listener. We have the capacity to sift through the BS...there are certain songs from these artists I really don't listen to anymore simply because I don't agree with the lyrical content...or I'll listen and grumble under my breath at them for being so "naive". Just to touch on what I mean: Iron Maiden's lyrics as a general rule are fairly intellectual and mostly deal with harsh realities and questioning the powers of the universe. It is not a stretch to say that this band very much influenced my desire to learn the Truth. Manowar is an unabashed white warrior band who are mostly Odinists with Christian leanings (lol...if that's possible). Megadeth has become one of the most prolific mainstream metal bands to be extremely vocal and in your face about government corruption and the state of the world. Metallica, while they were lost for almost 15 years in jewish commercial obscurity, started out as a very politically minded band with Christian leanings (one of my favorite early songs from them is called "Creeping Death" about Israelites' exodus from Egypt) and seems to be finally coming back around to their beginnings. Alterbridge is an all white band who's singer Myles Kennedy, according to all the lyrics he had written for their 3 cd's, would have been a prime candidate for CI...that is, before the jew Slash (of Guns and Roses fame) got a hold of him recently :evil:

I am a member of 2 bands. A 3 piece cover band called BB Rock and the Ringers and a 4 piece original progressive rock band some of you may have heard of called Poker Face. There are songs from both bands that I perform that I don't necessarily agree with...and Poker Face considers itself a Christian band with Identity leanings. The cover band plays roots rock/classic rock songs, so we try to keep to a "family friendly" setlist, playing places like VFW's, Legions, and Moose Lodges. My 2 bandmates are CI converts (praise Yahweh for working through me!) and our rehearsals are more like a bible study than anything (maybe a slight stretch, but you know what I mean, lol) http://www.reverbnation.com/bbrockandtheringers
Poker Face is considered America's top protest/patriot band and is recommended to all CI rockers! However, even within this band, I don't fully agree with all the content, but they have more right than almost any rock band I've heard. http://www.pokerface.com

So, in essence, the only way for me to be truly happy in music is to be writing and performing myself, music and lyrics that I completely agree with, that comply completely with Scripture... www.seedlineproductions.com
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
matthewott

Postby Kentucky » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:21 am

matthewott wrote:Ah yes, I suppose it's time I chimed in on this.

I appreciate your chiming in Matt. I don't know who said it, but I've always remembered it: writers inspire artists, artists inspire musicians, musicians inspire writers. Developing a racial consciousness becomes even more important if we are to raise our culture and morale from the present morass of decadence. The Culture War has always been the antipodes of giving God the glory. May you find the notes and harmonies to lift us up and out of Babylon.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Nayto » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:16 pm

That was a really good, honest post Matt. As someone who also likes metal, I can identify with a lot of what you've said. Sometimes is hard to wade through a mental morass of cognitive dissonance and denial to come to some semblance of objective truth, especially in the world of music. Metal is often a deeply set and emotional part of its listeners' lives.

I just want to stress though, and I've said this before, but the good metal is not inspired by blues and niggers like many claim. Most of it is inspired by classical music and often the lyrics are far more thought provoking than many would think.

Matt I see you mentioned Megadeth, which I myself am a "fan" of. Dave Mustaine has had some interesting insights into society since he became a Christian, but as I'm sure you know he still is only in the beginning phases of a potential awakening. I'll have to look into the other groups you mentioned; I'll look with renewed vigor considering that you've vouched for them. I thought I'd share something from Megadeth which I think is a really nice, short piece:

Nayto

Postby Staropramen » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Dave Mustaine is a jew.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby matthewott » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:14 pm

That is surprising news to me. I'm not going to say you're wrong, but the accusation merits a little digging on my part...
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
matthewott

Postby Linda » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:24 pm

PSALM 22:22 I will declare your Name to my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise you. 23 You that fear Yahweh, praise Him; all you the Seed of Jacob glorify Him; and fear Him, all you the Seed of Israel. 28 For the Kingdom Is Yahweh's and he is the governor among the nations.
Linda

Postby Nayto » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:12 pm

Staropramen wrote:Dave Mustaine is a jew.

Mind blown. If that were true, I'm not surprised at him pushing a semi neo-con type mindset.
Nayto

Postby matthewott » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:37 pm

I'm floored...and then again, nothing surprises me anymore, especially in the music biz. Rush USED to be my favorite band of all time until I realized that Geddy Lee is actually Gary Lee Weinrib...this Dave Mustaine revelation is just yet another in a long line of musical letdowns :evil:
matthewott

Postby Staropramen » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:37 pm

While we're at it Blackie Lawless is also a jew;

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t845362/
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

PreviousNext

Return to CI Music & Poetry