This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

The Clansman by Iron Maiden

The Clansman by Iron Maiden

Postby Staropramen » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:32 am

I recently discovered this really great song by the Heavy Metal band Iron Maiden called "The Clansman" that I thought I would share with you.

Here is the Iron Maiden version with lyrics;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVgZ3KtNd5Q

If Heavy Metal isn't your thing, Maiden vocalist Blaze Bayley recorded a version with classical guitarist Thomas Zwijsen;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlLImF_5gxg

Enjoy!
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Re: The Clansman by Iron Maiden

Postby Linda » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:45 pm

The version with the Classical guitar.........the lyrics to. Well let's just say it really stirs something in my White soul. I am very partial to this music...... I really like it when groups like Apocalyptica change the sound of heavy metal and make a beautiful classical piece out of it. Amazing! Thanks for putting the video up for us brother. I will check him out.
Linda
PSALM 22:22 I will declare your Name to my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise you. 23 You that fear Yahweh, praise Him; all you the Seed of Jacob glorify Him; and fear Him, all you the Seed of Israel. 28 For the Kingdom Is Yahweh's and he is the governor among the nations.
Linda

Postby NicoChristian » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:32 pm

The song is admittedly good, but I'm reminded of several Iron Maiden songs, some of which include references to abortion. Iron Maiden are sickos and moral degenerates, it's a pity they decided to do something good. Good things should not be done by sick people.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Postby Staropramen » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:06 pm

NicoChristian wrote:The song is admittedly good, but I'm reminded of several Iron Maiden songs, some of which include references to abortion. Iron Maiden are sickos and moral degenerates, it's a pity they decided to do something good. Good things should not be done by sick people.

Which songs promote abortion? Alot of early Iron Maiden songs contain lyrics that reference horror movies. But they've also written some interesting songs [lyrically] like Run To The Hills that tell the true story of the conflicts between the White man and the indians;

Starts off from the injuns perspective;

White man came across the sea
He brought us pain and misery

He killed our tribes, he killed our creed
He took our game for his own need

We fought him hard, we fought him well
Out on the plains we gave him hell

But many came, too much for Cree
Oh will we ever be set free

Then the White man's perspective;

Riding through dustclouds and barren wastes
Galloping hard on the plains

Chasing the redskins back to their holes
Fighting them at their own game

Murder for freedom the stab in the back
Woman and children, a cowards attack

Run to the hills - run for your lives

Soldier blue in the barren wastes
Hunting and killing's a game

Raping the woman and wasting the man
"The only good injins are tame"

Selling them whiskey and taking their gold
Enslaving the young and destroying the old

You don't normally hear White people acknowledging that the precious savages stabbed us in the back, that murdering them for this was for freedom, that their natural disposition was to waste our men and rape our women and as such they only have value when tamed. They were always careful how they worded their lyrics. It's easy to misinterpret what they're saying sometimes. Anyway, my interest in them is for the music. They were/are brilliant musicians and songwriters even if sometimes the lyrical content is questionable. Steve Harris is one of the greatest rock bass players of all time and revolutionised the role of the bass in rock music bringing into the foreground as a lead instrument. Ever heard their song "Holy Smoke" about feeding false teachers into a furnace? What's not to like about that?

Believe in me - send no money
Died on the cross, that ain't funny
But my so called friends they're making me a joke
They missed out what I said like I never spoke
They choose what they wanna hear - don't tell a lie
They just leave out the truth as they're watching you die
Saving your soul by taking your money
Flies around shit, bees around honey

Chorus

Holy Smoke Holy Smoke, plenty bad preachers for
The Devil to stoke
Feed'em in feet first this is no joke
This is thirsty work making Holy Smoke
Making Holy Smoke

Jimmy Reptile and all his friends
Say their gonna be with you at the end
Burning records burning books
Holy soldiers, Nazi looks
Crocodile smiles, just wait a while
Till the TV queen gets her make-up clean
I've lived in filth, I've lived in sin
And I still smell cleaner than the shit you're in

Apart from the Nazi remark that's good lyrics!
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Staropramen

Postby Staropramen » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:23 pm

NicoChristian wrote:The song is admittedly good, but I'm reminded of several Iron Maiden songs, some of which include references to abortion. Iron Maiden are sickos and moral degenerates, it's a pity they decided to do something good. Good things should not be done by sick people.

I disagree. We are God's children because he begat us, not because of anything we did. We step into the fullness of that sonship when we accept Christ. If, as lost children we produce something that is good [which shouldn't be too surprising really, we are after all sons and daughters] it should be championed and if possible used to encourage lost sheep to come home. It sounds to me like what you are saying is that the lost should be encouraged to stay there.

Dr. Swift would often rail against the traitors of our race in high positions. But when they would do something right he would also point it out and pray that they would continue in that direction.
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Staropramen

Postby Linda » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:40 pm

Just to point out something to think about NicoChristian, I never followed Iron Maiden in my day. But, I have heard that they wrote some lyrics to songs that were totally taken out of context in which they were written.......like the abortion song.

You said,
Good things should not be done by sick people.[/quote]

Maybe this man sings this song now with a different mindset and stronger than before???? I would be afraid to make an assumption about him. He is an older man now/we have no idea what is going on in his heart. Maybe he is on his way to not being "sick" anymore?
Believe me, I used to listen to some pretty devilish stuff back in the day. I identify with concerns for rotten music.......
Linda
Here are the words to The Clansman.

The Clansman
(Harris)

Wake alone in the hills
With the wind in your face
It feels good to be proud
And be free and a race
That is part of a clan
And to live on highlands
And the air that you breathe
So pure and so clean

When alone on the hills
With the wind in your hair
With a longing to feel...
Just to be free

Is it right to believe
In the need to be free
It's a time when you die
And without asking why
Can't you see what they do
They are grinding us down
They are taking our land
That belongs to the clans

Not alone with a dream
Just want to be free
With a need to belong
I am a clansman... Freedom

It's a time wrought with fear
It's a land wrought with change

If our ancestors could hear
What is happening now
They would turn in their graves
They would all be ashamed
That the land of the free
Has been written in chains
And I know what I want

When the timing is right
Then I'll take what is mine
I am the clansman

And I swear to defend
And we'll fight to the end
And I swear that I'll never
Be taken alive
And I know that we'll stand
And we'll fight for our land
And I swear that my bairns
Will be born free

And I know what I want
When the timing is right
Then I'll take what I want
I am the clansman... freedom

No, no we can't let them take anymore
No we can't let them take anymore
We've the land of the free
….Freedom

Is it right to believe
In the need to be free
It's a time when you die
And without asking why
Can't you see what they do
They are grinding us down
They are taking our land
That belongs to the clans

Not alone with a dream
Just want to be free
With a need to belong
I am a clansman

And I know what I want
When the timing is right
I am the clansman... Freedom

And I know what I want
When the timing is right
I am the clansman.

Kind of reminds me of us tribes/waking up someday soon!
PSALM 22:22 I will declare your Name to my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise you. 23 You that fear Yahweh, praise Him; all you the Seed of Jacob glorify Him; and fear Him, all you the Seed of Israel. 28 For the Kingdom Is Yahweh's and he is the governor among the nations.
Linda

Postby Staropramen » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:03 pm

For the record vocalist Blaze Bayley was a member of Iron Maiden for only a few years and made two albums with them. The Clansman is from his 2nd album with them called Virtual XI. His first, the X Factor seems to have alot of Christian thought in the lyrics though I haven't yet taken the time to actually read all the lyrics.

Back in the day many so-called Christians attacked Iron Maiden for their song and album called Number of the Beast. The song is about a nightmare that Steve Harris once had;

Woe to you o earth and sea
For the devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows that time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
It's number is six hundred and sixty six

I left alone my mind was blank
I needed time to think to get the memories from my mind

What did I see can I believe that what I saw
That night was real and not just fantasy

Just what I saw in my own dreams were they
Reflections of my warped mind staring back at me?

'Cause in my dreams it's always there
The evil face that twists my mind and brings me to despair

Yeah... !

The night was black was no use holding back
'Cause I just had to see was someone watching me
In the mist dark figures move and twist
Was all this for real or some kind of hell

666 the number of the beast
Hell and fire were spawned to be released

Torches blazed and sacred chants were praised
As they start to cry hand held to the sky
In the night the fires are burning bright
The ritual has begun Satan's work is done

Sacrifice is going on tonight

This can't go on I must inform the lord
Can this still be real or just some crazy dream
But I feel drawn towards the evil chanting hordes
They seem to mesmerize... can't avoid their eyes

666 the one for you you and me

I'm coming back I will return
And I'll possess your body and I'll make you burn
I have the fire I have the force
I have the power to make my evil take it's course

I think a careful reading of the lyrics demonstrates that the person telling the story felt that the overwhelming presence of evil, while mesmerising was something that had to be resisted and brought to the attention of God. The last lines indicate that God came to the rescue of the storyteller as the devil is making threats about coming back. Where exactly one gets the idea that this is "devil music" I don't know.
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Staropramen

Postby NicoChristian » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:22 pm

Kill for gain or shoot to maim
But we don't need a reason
The golden goose is on the loose
And never out of season
Some blackened pride still burns inside
This shell of bloody treason
Here's my gun for a barrel of fun
For the love of living death.

Chorus
The killer's breed or the demon's seed,
The glamour, the fortune, the pain,
Go to war again, blood is freedom's stain,
But don't you pray for my soul anymore.
2 minutes to midnight
The hands that threaten doom.
2 minutes to midnight
To kill the unborn in the womb.

The blind men shout let the creatures out
We'll show the unbelievers
The napalm screams of human flames
Of a prime time belsen feast... yeah!
As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy,
We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Chorus

The body bags and little rags of children torn in two
And the jellied brains of those who remain to put the finger right on you.
As the madmen play on words and make us all dance to their song,
To the tune of starving millions to make a better kind of gun.

Yes after reading these lyrics I couldn't possibly understand why anybody would call it devil music. Sarcasm. I've looked into a lot of the music industry and understood that some musicians are plain devil worshippers, while others are more discreet. Even music that may not seem too bad is often performed by morally questionable people. To start off with most if not all musicians are degenerates and the dregs of society. I don't know much about the Iron Maiden singers, but I could safely assume they are not committed Christians and are morally depraved people. A lot of people found it hard to draw the line on music, a simple way to decide is. Does the music praise YHWH, no, then useless babble is just as bad as sick lyrics. It seems some of us are rather too liberal and will try to justify things that are either anti-Christian or not suitable for us. I used to like some types of music, but after seeing some documentaries on the music industry and researching it, I did a 180. If music is not praising YHWH then it is most likely against Him. I wouldn't say that all music is bad, but it needs a very careful ear and a lot of willpower and discipline. A lot of music is secretly satanic and deceiving, don't be so easily fooled just because the music sounds good. Iron Maiden are obviously satanic, the lyrics above are pretty devilish along with other songs. Even number of the beast is devilish, the lyrics don't refer to Christ or anything holy. If one were to watch their performances, no-body would think it Christian. Be honest, even things that seem fine turn out to be bad, actors and singers are the dregs of society, people too lazy to do a useful job. The only difference is that 200 years ago they would have died of poverty and starvation whereas nowadays they die of drugs or alcohol related endeavours.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Postby NicoChristian » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:18 pm

I also remember when I was a lad, an ex-friend of mine was an Iron Maiden fan and I saw one of their concert performances that looked like nothing more than a devil worshipping cult. I know that they've denied being satanists and I know one of their members claims to be a born-again Christian.

Here's my response to that, Ozzy Osborne denied being a devil worshipper, but looking at his concerts they were nothing but satanic as was his music. Many musicians claim to be Christians, e.g. Lenny Kravitz, Christian Aguilera, Moby, their actions and lifestyle would say otherwise. I'm reminded of Starla Carmela, so-called Christian yet Lady Gaga imitator. Many claim to be Christian or deny being satanists, but their words are simply lies as their father, the father of lies. Let's be honest, if they're not for YHWH, they are most likely against Him.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Postby Staropramen » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:41 pm

NicoChristian,
The song that you posted the lyrics to is 2 Minutes to Midnight. It seems to me to be criticising war for profit and those who blindly support it.

From Wikipedia;

'2 Minutes To Midnight' was written by Adrian Smith and Bruce Dickinson.

The song has references to the Doomsday Clock, the symbolic clock used by the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists. In September 1953 the clock reached 23:58, the closest it ever got to midnight.[1] This occurred when the United States and Soviet Union tested H-bombs within nine months of one another. Despite popular belief,[2] the song does not reference Cuban missile crisis, nor did the Doomsday Clock note any change related to it.[3] In fact, at the time of the crisis, the clock was showing seven minutes to midnight.[1] In 1984, when the song was recorded, the clock was showing three minutes to midnight.[1]

Brother Bill has stated in his podcasts many times that jew communism and jew usurous capitalsim are two sides of the same coin. The jew-inspired and jew-funded conflicts that arose between the two were always about destroying White people first and foremost. How is the criticism of this satanic? People don't realise sometimes that songs can have lyrics that speak on behalf of characters within a story. Some characters are good, some are not. You can't jump on a piece of song lyric that is demonstrating an evil point of view and then say "ah ha.....the group is advocating evil!". You have to read the whole thing in context. There may very well be a criticism of the very evil that you are attributing to the group.

To start off with most if not all musicians are degenerates and the dregs of society.

Sorry, but this is extremely ignorant and I think says alot about where you're coming from with all this. Ok, so you hate music. That would explain why you don't bother to take the time to actually read the lyrics and determine the context. If that's your thing fine. I love music. Before I became CI I listened to black music: jazz, 70's funk and "soul" music. I listened to jew music like klezmer. As my racial awakening developed I naturally lost interest in this music. I purged my collection completely of all jew music and most of the black music is also gone save a few recordings. It wasn't a stuggle, it came naturally. As for White music, if the music is quality and doesn't attack Christianity I can enjoy the music and ignore the sometimes questionable lyrics. There isn't some boogeyman hiding in the sound waves waiting to possess me like Tipper Gore used to preach about back in the PMRC days. But if a Christian is easily led astray by worldly song lyrics then they should avoid such music. Regarding our lost brothers and sisters, I think it helps to be able to see whatever good might exist in them. This often can be a path to reaching them. When the lost of our people are overtly antichristian then yes, it's a real struggle. I'm just as inclined as you are to just write them off completely.
Last edited by Staropramen on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Staropramen

Next

Return to CI Music & Poetry