This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Classical music

Classical music

Postby Nayto » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:07 am

I've been listening to some of Wagner's operas lately while working. So far I've listened to Meistersing and Tristan und Isolde. I must say that it's a far cry from music these days, although that goes without saying. There is a huge different in how the music is presented and meant to be listened to. These days all we actually get are 2 - 5 minute sound bytes which we listen to at our convenience and more often than not they contain about as much artistic talent as a negro blues musician... Yeah.

I regret not having learned musical theory when listening to this. I wish I could appreciate it more.

Regardless, it'd be great in a Christian country to see epic Biblical tales unfold in the form of an opera.
Nayto

Re: Classical music

Postby NicoChristian » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:21 pm

I love classical music, I also like Keltic music. Unfortunately even some classical music has satanic elements to it. Some composers were masons or devil worshippers, so their music would have had evil influences. Music can be used for good or for evil, obviously most music nowadays is influenced by the devil himself and most singers are devil worshippers. It's a pity music isn't used for good because it can inspire for good, but can also do the opposite.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Postby Fenwick » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:52 pm

I've never been a fan of Wagner's music really. It always seemed rather grim and uninspiring to me.

I prefer some of the more east european stuff like Shostakovich:

Fenwick

Postby Penny » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:39 am

Bach Sonatas and partitas for solo violin ..... high on my list of all time favorites.
Wives: Submit to your husbands as to God.
Penny

Postby Nayto » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:34 am

Fenwick wrote:I've never been a fan of Wagner's music really. It always seemed rather grim and uninspiring to me.

I prefer some of the more east european stuff like Shostakovich:

I can't believe I missed this reply! That was a really nice piece of music.

I know what you mean about Wagner, but it's like modern progressive music really. Seems like that at first, but grows on you with time.
Nayto

Postby Fenwick » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:09 am

Oh yeah, i don't mean his music was bad, more that it often has a dirge-like quality to it, like a steely German version of a celtic lament. It's certainly quality music, but it's not the sort of thing I'd sit and listen to. I'd imagine it would be more impressive as part of his operas than as music alone.
Fenwick

Postby Nayto » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:36 pm

Fenwick wrote:I'd imagine it would be more impressive as part of his operas than as music alone.

Very true. I'd love to see an opera. Too bad people are too preoccupied with niggers a freaks.

Do they show operas anywhere anymore?
Nayto

Postby Fenwick » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:09 pm

Nayto wrote:Do they show operas anywhere anymore?

I assume they do at opera theatres. You'd be surprised in some of the bigger cities actually, how many of the liberal elite go to operas. Popular culture is used to stifle the masses, but they don't feel any need to partake in it themselves. It's probably how Shostakovich was able to keep composing in the middle of the soviet era.
Fenwick

Postby Staropramen » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:35 pm

I like playing Maria Callas arias at really loud volumes. Also, I enjoy anything conducted by Wilhelm Furtwangler. He had a very unique conducting style. I have a wartime recording of Beethoven's 9th that is amazing. I also like some of Greek composer Iannis Xenakis's music. He was an architect who incorporated architectural theory into his compositions.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Eveleen » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:51 am

I sometimes listen to classical music, but not that often. What I really prefer is epic music ( which has obvious influences from classical music), which for me is more moving and dynamic and it also does not have lyrics. It's like the modern variant of classical music. :D . (I think that this genre appeard due to video-games)

Eveleen

Next

Return to CI Music & Poetry