This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

SPEAK TO ME O YAHWEH

SPEAK TO ME O YAHWEH

Postby matthewott » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:25 am

Here are the lyrics to the newest song I've written. I should finally have my studio completed this week, and then get the music recorded and added as a link to this post ASAP.

SPEAK TO ME O YAHWEH

verse 1
What is your Identity?
Do you know just who you are?
Are you a broken vessel?
Are you an earthen jar?

refrain
Have you heard the Father calling you...
"Where are my sheep?"
My brethren Israelites
Wake up and join the fold
Partake of the Covenants
Promised to us of old

chorus
Speak to me
O Yahweh
Speak to me
Reveal the mysteries of life

verse2
Answers are in front of you
Throughout our history
Children of Israel
We are of the same body

ref
chorus

verse 3
He came for His lost sheep
From the House of Israel
A forgetful race of people
From His grace we once fell

ref
chorus
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
matthewott

Re: CI MUSIC

Postby egerkurt » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:09 pm

Matt:

Excellent, incisive lyrics. Do you have music yet? Wishing you the best with the studio- I know sometimes the technical stuff gets in the way of the music but a functioning studio is a great tool.

Blessings, Kurt
egerkurt

Re: CI MUSIC

Postby matthewott » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:15 pm

Yes Kurt, this one I have music for already. It is written in A minor. I have a tendency to write a song music first, add lyrics later. I am rhythmically oriented, not melodically; I don't hear a melody line and lyrics first, like a natural singer does. I "feel" the music first, then am able to apply melody and lyrics in context. :ugeek:
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
matthewott

Re: SPEAK TO ME O YAHWEH

Postby ArthurLee » Sat May 26, 2012 7:53 pm

Those lyrics are great. They are straightforward and to the point. The song praises the Name of Yahweh and provides accurate information. 'Very worshipful. Thanks Brother.
"Blessed are those who are hungering and thirsting for righteousness, because they shall be satiated." -Matthew 5:6
ArthurLee

Return to CI Music & Poetry