This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Slavic-Sythian Language Connection

A forum for discussion of Indo-European (which includes "Semitic") languages

Slavic-Sythian Language Connection

Postby EzraLB » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:18 am

I've read that there seems to be an ancient connection between Slavic languages and the ancient Sythian language. For example, going back many centuries the Polish nobility believed that they were descendants of the Sarmatians of ancient Persia.

This seems to have some validity as many have noticed remnants of the ancient Persian language (and thus modern Farsi) in, say, Polish. It appears that people who speak both Farsi and Polish have noted many similar words. On the other hand, many linguists suggest that the closest language to Polish in terms of overall syntax and grammar is German, which makes sense considering how much of Poland was Germanized--and how much of eastern Germany, especially Saxony, Pomerania, and Prussia had a large influx of Slavic peoples.

If anyone can shed more light on this subject, I'd appreciate it, as there seems to be a dearth of information among linguists on the subject.
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Re: Slavic-Sythian Language Connection

Postby Les » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:09 pm

I can't speak about the language similarities, but I have read several history books on Poland, and for centuries they did like to import and copy the art from Persia.

In a related manner, I always thought Russians and Ukrainians were descended from the pure Greeks from thousands of years ago.
Les

Re: Slavic-Sythian Language Connection

Postby wmfinck » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:36 pm

There are good indications that the Medes are found in the Slavs of today. The Slavs may be traced to a people that the Romans and Greeks called Sauromatae (Sarmatians). Diodorus Siculus, discussing certain Sakae (Scythian) Kings, states that “It was by these kings that many of the conquered [by the Scythians] peoples were removed to other homes, and two of these became very great colonies: the one was composed of Assyrians and was removed to the land between Paphlagonia and Pontus [modern day Turkey along the southern shore of the Black Sea], and the other was drawn from Media and planted along the Tanaïs [a river north of the Caucasus mountains which empties into the Black Sea from the northeast], its people receiving the name Sauromatae. Many years later this people became powerful and ravaged a large part of Scythia...” (Diodorus Siculus 2.43.5-7). And with this, there being so many Slavs among the Germanic peoples today, we have the realization of the fulfillment of Genesis 9:27, which will be discussed below.

http://christogenea.org/essays/race-genesis-10
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Return to Language