This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Rahlfs Septuagint + other PDF books

A forum for discussion of Indo-European (which includes "Semitic") languages

Re: Rahlfs Septuagint + other PDF books

Postby Filidh » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:42 pm

here's a pdf of the greek enchiridion.
https://ia601701.us.archive.org/3/items ... ridion.pdf
someone uploaded it, apparently. so yah, there's all anyone needs to begin learning greek.
real name's trevor :-)
Filidh

Re: Rahlfs Septuagint + other PDF books

Postby Filidh » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:58 pm

just one thing to note. bill recently made a comment that i agree with but haven't made clear, so i'll be more clear now: strong's greek pronunciation works fine, the reconstructed pronunciation also works fine, but strong's is simpler and thus is more ideal. the main thing i liked about the reconstructed pronunciation was the singsong effect that it had, by this i mean:

ά being pronounced in a rising tone, ὰ in a falling tone, and ᾶ in a tone that rises and falls in the same syllable. α as 'ah', ε as 'eh', η as in the 'a' in 'ache', ι as 'ee', ξ as 'ks', ο and ω as 'oh', υ as the 'oo' of 'boon', χ as german hard 'ch' or scottish 'ch' of 'loch'. but pronunciation is only secondary to the meat of the language itself.

edit: the rising and falling is contrary to the stress-based pronunciation. but quite simply, either one works just fine and neither is better.
real name's trevor :-)
Filidh

Previous

Return to Language