This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

New study claims that Irishmen descended from Middle East

Topics Concerning Race and Ancient Man

New study claims that Irishmen descended from Middle East

Postby Rogue » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:05 pm

A new study has revealed that many Irish men may be able to trace their roots back to Turkey. Focusing on the role of the Y chromosome, which is passed from father to son, the research indicates Turkish farmers arrived in Ireland about 6,000 years ago, bringing agriculture with them. And they may have been more attractive than the hunter-gatherers whom they replaced.

The genetic patterns for Irish females differ from those of men. “Most maternal genetic lineages seem to descend from hunter-gatherers,” an author of the study, Patricia Balaresque, told the London Times. “To us, this suggests a reproductive advantage for farming males over indigenous hunter-gatherer males during the switch to farming.

“Maybe, it was just sexier to be a farmer,” she added.

Eighty-five per cent of Irish men are descended from farming people from the Middle East and especially Turkey, according to the research that was conducted by scientists at the University of Leicester.

The switch from hunting and gathering to farming was a crucial one in human development. Increased food production meant that populations were able to grow.

In Britain, 60-65 per cent of the population has the Turkish genetic pattern, while in parts of the Iberian Peninsula it’s almost as the same as in Ireland. The research contradicts what was previously thought about Irish genealogy – that hunter-gatherers from Spain and Portugal who survived the Ice Age were our main genetic ancestors.

“This particular kind of Y chromosome follows a gradient, gradually increasing in frequency from Turkey and the southeast of Europe to Ireland, where it reaches its highest frequency,” Mark Jobling from the University of Leicester told the Times.

We are saying that most of that original hunter-gatherer male population in Ireland was probably replaced by incoming agricultural populations,” he added.

Source: http://www.irishcentral.com/roots/New-s ... 17437.html
One King, One Faith, One Law.
Rogue

Re: New study claims that Irishmen descended from Middle Eas

Postby Hunter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:12 pm

Rogue, I just caught your post and noticed you were online, so I wanted to ask real quick before you go; who do they suppose were the original hunter-gatherers or from where did they originate? Or are they just presumed to be indiginous with no valid evidence? I guess I'm just wondering if they were non-adamic hominids.

PS- I'll check out the link by the weekend - away from home, so using android right now.
Hunter

Postby Rogue » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:12 pm

Hey Hunnter good to hear from you.

Very breif, the Island of Ireland was orignally said to be inhabited by the Fomorians which is though to mean an Old Irish word composed of fo "under/below" and muire "sea",it may refer to beings whose habitat is under the sea. The combination of fo and the root *moris also interpted as a compound meaning "inferior" or "latent demons".
They are said to have had the body of a man and the head of a goat, according to an 11th-century text in Lebor na hUidre (the Book of the Dun Cow), or to have had one eye, one arm and one leg.
They are thought they represent the gods of chaos and wild nature.

Then came Partholón who was the son of Sera, son of Sru, a descendant of Magog, son of Japheth, son of Noah. He came to Ireland from the Middle East through Anatolia, Greece, Sicily and Iberia, and arrived 300 or 312 years after the flood.
It is said he had come to Ireland with a thousand followers, who multiplied until there were four thousand, and then all died of plague in a single week

Next came the Fir Blogs, they were said to be Scythian people,that supposedly were slaves in Greece and known by the name of Bag People, iv heard this was because they arived with bags from a hasty escape.

The Fir Blogs were immediately followed by the Tuatha De Danann, which means people of Dan, the Old Irish word tuath (plural tuatha) means "people, tribe, nation"; and dé is the genitive case of día, "god, goddess, supernatural being, object of worship" they are often referred to simply as the Tuatha Dé, a phrase also used to refer to the Israelites in early Irish Christian texts.
They were said to represent the gods of human civilisation.

After that came the Milesians, the first Gaels.
There were two branches of their descendants that left Egypt and Scythia at the time of the Exodus, and after a period of wandering the shores of the Mediterranean arrived in the Iberian Peninsula, where they settled after several battles.

Edit: I cant understand how Scythia and the Exdous are linked in this account, as there are approximately 500 years of a gap between the two???
Rogue

Postby Filidh » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:37 pm

rogue: one thing: i don't have any irish, so this is a novice question, but: 'dé' or 'de' also refers to the words 'of' or 'by', ie 'dé tuath' as 'of the folk, of the people'. thus, tuatha dé danaan could also be translated simply as 'folk of dan' or 'people of dan', could it not?
real name's trevor :-)
Filidh

Postby Rogue » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:11 pm

Thats correct Filidh, as far as I know, I think (de) can also mean (as) depending on the context.
Rogue

Postby wmfinck » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:25 am

I have a book full of fantastic stories about the origins of the Irish, supposedly written a couple of hundred years ago. Mine is a modern facsimile copy, I got through Balacius. It is still with my papers in NY but I may be able to access it as early as this Spring, Yahweh God willing.

That book is full of fantastic tales, probably representing a mix of British Israel fantasy and early-to-medieval folklore, and full of impossible anachronisms and other things which cannot possibly be verified historically. It is along the same lines as what Rogue has related here, only in much greater depth.

But some of what Rogue has related are indeed legitimate Irish myths and should not be simply dismissed.

I have been criticized for not writing about the Irish. But I myself am part Irish -my Father's mother was a Cronin and came from the same part of Ireland that Rogue is from. The only reason I have not written about the Irish is because of the dearth of information in the Classics.

One website I have been wanting to read is here: http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/celtic/irish/

If anyone has a good source for more or better information, perhaps they could share it here.

There are a couple of problems with the genetic study Rogue posted. The first is that it assumes that certain DNA patterns are from a mixing of disparate groups. Unless one has the DNA of all original groups, all they have is conjecture. That is why all "scientific" assessments of DNA are bullshit. The second is that they are calling people from Anatolia from 6000 years ago "Turkish", which is also pure bullshit, since no "Turk" ever stepped foot in Anatolia before the 11th century AD! The bias is blatant and amounts to nothing but propaganda. 6,000 years ago, except for the Hittites, Anatolians were White. And even the Hittites would be considered "white".
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Filidh » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:47 pm

just came across your reply, bill.

there's a book called 'celtic myths and legends' by t. w. rolleston that gives a good view of gaelic and welsh stories and accounts, and also has tables of genealogy of various important celtic family trees. you're able to pick up a copy for about $4 used, including shipping.

here's a pdf: http://files.christogenea.org/filidh/hi ... egends.pdf
real name's trevor :-)
Filidh

Postby wmfinck » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:01 pm

Filidh wrote:just came across your reply, bill.

there's a book called 'celtic myths and legends' by t. w. rolleston that gives a good view of gaelic and welsh stories and accounts, and also has tables of genealogy of various important celtic family trees. you're able to pick up a copy for about $4 used, including shipping.

here's a pdf: http://files.christogenea.org/filidh/hi ... egends.pdf

Thanks Filidh! I will just get this onto my tablet.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Rogue » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:58 pm

In this film, it show the similarities between the west of Ireland and the Middle East.
Although the film maker can't put the pieces together, it is clear to any student of Identity that the region of the middle east was white, and that our people had migrated from that region.
Connemara is as far west as you can go in Europe, and a part of Ireland that wasn't much affected by the Invasion of other European peoples over he centuries, e.g the Vikings never went more than 20 miles inland.

In Connemara they still use the Galway Hooker sail boat, the very same style boat that is used in Palestine today, possibly the same kind of boat our Lord and the apostles sailed in.

Rogue

Postby Rogue » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:15 pm

wmfinck wrote:I have been criticized for not writing about the Irish. But I myself am part Irish -my Father's mother was a Cronin and came from the same part of Ireland that Rogue is from. ".

Its interesting to note that the name Croninn comes from the irish word Cróch, which translates to Saffron, meaning that Croninn was "the son of the saffron coloured one".
Saffron being a reddish orange, its a clear refference to the hair color of the family patriarch, ie he was a ginger.

Saffron is harvested from the crocus plant which is grown primarily between the Mediterranean region and India.
This is yet another evidence, linking Caucasians to the east, as saffron is far from home, in the wet lands of Cork Ireland.
Rogue

Next

Return to Anthropology