This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

List of Impossible Beliefs Held by Judeo Christians

Discussions about mainstream "jew-dei-ized" religions

Re: List of Impossible Beliefs Held by Judeo Christians

Postby Staropramen » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:20 pm

CrochetRacist wrote:If Christ was preaching universalism why’d they kill Him? Why would they destroy a man that welcomes everyone? Judeo Christians twisted Christ into a Shabbos goy that would be welcomed on CNN & Fox jews and friends. College campuses would have Him as an honored speaker.

I was taught Jesus preached love but the people thought it was hate. But where’s the hate in the Judeo Christian narrative? Everyone is welcome, so where’s the hate? Why was Christ such a threat the jews destroyed Him? I asked my mom this question when I was a kid and she said “Because people were crazy back then.” So lame :roll:

Even though the scriptures are only for us they nonetheless contain admonitions that cause non-whites to get very angry when you tell them that it applies to them as well. I saw some videos earlier today where loud judeos were confronting antifa anti-Trump supporters and a couple of the antifa idiots physically assaulted the judeos. Beasts don't like being told that they're gonna get roasted for being queers and fornicators.

What I find hilarious is when beasts curse the very idea of Christianity in it's typical, universal form BUT then get all butt-hurt and offended when they discover that it's not for them anyway.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Kentucky » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:29 am

I got this hate mail tonight that reaffirms Matthew 5:11. Enjoy....

As an atheist, I would like to thank you for adding to my argument AGAINST religious affiliation and "faith" (i.e., belief in fantasy which one purports to be real). You make it easy to demonstrate the negative role that religion plays in culture. Where in any religious depiction of Jesus Christ does he REJECT anyone based on skin color? You are (most likely NOT) aware, I presume, that race is a human construction,a concept that does not exist outside of the human imagination?

You make me ashamed to be white with European ancestry. Your hate-based, white supremacist ramblings indicate that you are ignorant and cowardly. Your supporters wear white hoods to hide their ugly, EVIL faces. If religion is about anything, it is love and compassion, protecting the natural world and the creatures a deity put on this planet, respect for life. Can your organization claim any of those elements? Nope! Like the terrorists who attacked the Twin Towers, you are COWARDS, shadowing your hatred behind the shield of religion, when, in actuality , religion has NOTHING to do with your "mission". The mission of hate does not align with the mission of any religious faith. If there is a hell, you will all burn in it. Makes me kinda hope that I am wrong about the creation of the planet.

What I do wonder that perhaps, if you put all of your limited intelligence together, you could begin to devise an answer for . . . what does one do to an innocent baby to turn them into a hateful FREAK incapable of critical thought? (In other words, what did your parents do to you to RUIN you for humanity?)

Just wondering . . .

p.s. I do not expect any intelligent, articulate, or thoughtful reply because you simply hate, and the hateful delude, deny, and lie; the do not think because all they feel is hate. The Civil War is upon us once again, but this time, the black population is not beaten down, and compassionate, intelligent, progressive minds have aligned with those who you wish to destroy. (You remember us? We elected the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT DESPITE the system your RACIST SCUM BAG ancestors designed to prevent it.) The Constitution allows for the people to replace a government that does not serve them. Say goodbye to Trump. The riots will begin, and your "church" will burn to the ground (hopefully with every follower who aligns with it). Death and destruction are the only prizes. Hope you enjoy the heat.

Your progressive, atheist, transgendered, white WORST ENEMY.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Nayto » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:31 am

Phew, that hate mail was basically a concise summary of all leftist ignorance. Anyway, I would go about hating them just fine even without religion, thank you very much.

wmfinck wrote:One
faulty witness proves nothing. One faulty witness cannot be used to negate a half dozen or more valid witnesses.

Well exactly. In my opinion given the rest of the evidence it is enough to prove that there is doubt about 4:1. Otherwise if the verse were true would have automatically blown the whole argument out of the water.

If we accept Targums as credible then we have to accept that there is such an entity as the angel of deat, Samael, for example. Otherwise we would have to cherry pick what we accept from Targums. Given that they are embellishments, there is no yardstick like other translations, except to look at other Targums wherein the same problem presents itsel; it's circular. Then there is the question of their origins. Why not just leave them out as witnesses entirely in theological discussion?
Nayto

Postby wmfinck » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:50 am

Nayto wrote:If we accept Targums as credible then we have to accept that there is such an entity as the angel of deat, Samael, for example. Otherwise we would have to cherry pick what we accept from Targums. Given that they are embellishments, there is no yardstick like other translations, except to look at other Targums wherein the same problem presents itsel; it's circular. Then there is the question of their origins. Why not just leave them out as witnesses entirely in theological discussion?

If we start tossing literature merely because it contains something which we do not like, do not understand, or think is absurd, well, there would be very little left.

Think of the phrase "angel of death", for instance. Immediately it invokes images of ghosts with wings floating around in the sky looking for people to haunt. But in reality, it does not have to invoke those images, and perhaps that is not what the original author intended.

The other day Donald Trump was visited by an angel of death, and the media made a fuss about it. His name was Henry Kissinger.

On the other hand, if Genesis 4:1 were an entirely legitimate verse, I am certain none of us would have missed it in thinking through what we perceive of Scripture. In spite of the many problems that may cause.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Nayto » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:43 pm

wmfinck wrote:
Nayto wrote:If we accept Targums as credible then we have to accept that there is such an entity as the angel of deat, Samael, for example. Otherwise we would have to cherry pick what we accept from Targums. Given that they are embellishments, there is no yardstick like other translations, except to look at other Targums wherein the same problem presents itsel; it's circular. Then there is the question of their origins. Why not just leave them out as witnesses entirely in theological discussion?

If we start tossing literature merely because it contains something which we do not like, do not understand, or think is absurd, well, there would be very little left.

Think of the phrase "angel of death", for instance. Immediately it invokes images of ghosts with wings floating around in the sky looking for people to haunt. But in reality, it does not have to invoke those images, and perhaps that is not what the original author intended.

The other day Donald Trump was visited by an angel of death, and the media made a fuss about it. His name was Henry Kissinger.

On the other hand, if Genesis 4:1 were an entirely legitimate verse, I am certain none of us would have missed it in thinking through what we perceive of Scripture. In spite of the many problems that may cause.

Yes, however Targums aren't even Scripture or comprise the body of documents from which we get Scripture. Also the way I see it, as I said to EzraLB in not so many words, to make statements about other documents as if they are the same as the Targums obfuscates the matter. Each should be weighed in its own right, rather than making a blanket judgement over all.

Having said that, except where jews implicate themselves, is it really appropriate to use documents of very questionable racial origin in theology? Also if we were to throw away documents because of their very questionable origin and were left with little, then I would say "So be it". Just as we don't make deals with mongrels even if it might seem to benefit us in the short term, why would we do the same with their documents? Especially those having a strong chance of being written by jews like these Targums. Even so, based on what I've learned from your own podcasts, you don't use anything in such question as the Targums and if you use something even remotely questionable, you always include the disclaimers. It's something I appreciate in those podcasts and the reason I'm surprised to be having this conversation, lol.

Whether or not they represent the opinions of our ancestors is in question. I don't think it is tossed because it has something absurd or whether we dont like something, but rather because it is inherently flawed as a basis for our theology. I didn't actually mean to use Samuel as an example of something absurd, but rather that it is something that would have to be accepted. If we accept this opinion in the Targum, we automatically assume the writer is one of our ancestors and we accept his opinion. Then we would have taken a matter in question and resolve it in our favour simply because we like what it says.

Again, being an embellishment, there is nothing with which to cross reference it except against other Targums whose origins are also in question. At least the Masoretic text can be cross reference with multiple other works.

With all of the above in mind and given that we don't actually need it for the sake of Cain and his birth, why bother with it at all? Even if I am wrong in my assessment it will still do damage to the message. It's like swearing, which although it is not objectively wrong it will still deter those who do not appreciate swearing. If it would do no harm to omit it, if it is not necessary for the message and if it's omission would make it more widely accepted, then why not omit it?

This is of course retrospective and we can't change Clifton's work, but I say it for the sake of the future.
Nayto

Postby wmfinck » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:53 pm

You still don't understand my purpose. I am not using the Targum interpretations in my theology. And please do not confuse me with what Clifton wrote, because I would have worded it differently.

I only use the Targums to show that Hebrew readers of the centuries around the very time of Christ had themselves struggled with and disputed the meaning of Genesis 4:1. That, I believe, is an absolutely valid use of the Targums, which are not Scripture, but serve as commentaries on Scripture even in the places where they are only translations.

A translation is not really Scripture. It is a commentary on Scripture. That is because the translation reflects what the translator THINKS a passage meant in its original language. The original targums were translations of the original Hebrew, so that the Scripture could be understood by the common people, and are mentioned in Scripture in the Book of Nehemiah.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby CrochetRacist » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:00 pm

What I find hilarious is when beasts curse the very idea of Christianity in it's typical, universal form BUT then get all butt-hurt and offended when they discover that it's not for them anyway.

Getting snubbed by Whites is a worse burn than the lake of fire :lol:
CrochetRacist

Postby CrochetRacist » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:13 pm

You make me ashamed to be white with European ancestry.

With European ancestry? It's a mulatto LARPing as White.

... you are ignorant and cowardly

As usual the exact opposite is true. "All races are the same" faggots are propped up and lauded, meanwhile racists risk losing employment, bodily harm, even death.

Your progressive, atheist, transgendered, white WORST ENEMY.

LOL!!! :lol:
CrochetRacist

Postby Nayto » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:16 pm

wmfinck wrote:You still don't understand my purpose. I am not using the Targum interpretations in my theology. And please do not confuse me with what Clifton wrote, because I would have worded it differently.

I only use the Targums to show that Hebrew readers of the centuries around the very time of Christ had themselves struggled with and disputed the meaning of Genesis 4:1. That, I believe, is an absolutely valid use of the Targums, which are not Scripture, but serve as commentaries on Scripture even in the places where they are only translations.

That's how I've always understood your position and appreciate every time that you are careful enough to state the situation plainly in the podcasts. Thanks for clarifying though. I just wanted to highlight that in contrast with what Clifton said.
Nayto

Postby Staropramen » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:45 pm

CrochetRacist wrote:

Getting snubbed by Whites is a worse burn than the lake of fire :lol:

Haha, right. Good point!
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

PreviousNext

Return to Churchianity