This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

TBN Empire

Discussions about mainstream "jew-dei-ized" religions

Re: TBN Empire

Postby Nayto » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:01 am

I've had similar experiences. The peer pressure as well to make someone "speak in tongues" is incredible actually. I myself have "spoken in tongues" and I can honestly say it is a load of drivel. "Just let it flow. Say anything that comes to mind. The spirit wants to work through you!" I "received" the Toronto blessing as well... Honestly the guy pushed me on the head along my center line while my eyes were closed. Yes, I fell, but it was nothing supernatural.

The problem comes in that these events which are nothing more than superstition and paranoia become so entrenched in the pillar's of people's subjective experience that rejecting them becomes to difficult. If someone were to reject their hypnotic experience that means they would have to reject the doctrine that comes with it. They just seem to have too much emotional investment in an experience to admit that they were fooled and went along with it.
Nayto

Postby ElleJay » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:48 pm

Nayto "They just seem to have too much emotional investment in an experience to admit that they were fooled and went along with it."

I am still trying to figure all of this out ... how to post a quote ... I am not sure how you all do it :)

But I think is a very good point you make. I agree with all you have written!!!

The "Toronto Blessing" was later than my experience, but I did read about it. Good to hear a first-hand report!!!

Elle :)

William Finck wrote:Elle, if you put this post into edit mode, which you can do because it is your post, you may see how I made a quote - in this case of myself, LOL.
ElleJay

Postby LouisianaMan » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:58 am

I was involved in the Charismatic Movement from the 1970-s through the late 1990's. I sat under various ministries, i.e. Kenneth Hagin, Copeland, Jerry Seville, Jesse Duplantis, Mark Hankins, etc. Many of them went to Rhema College in Tulsa. I've experienced so much bizarre foolishness. They all follow Hagin's Word of Faith Teaching, "name it and claim it, or essentially blab it and grab it!" They are all universalists and believe the rapture doctrine. Their favorite doctrine (if you can cal it that) is taken (out of context) from Mark Chapter 11, verses 23-24. I had never heard any of them teach any of this chapter within the context of its true meaning and significance. Jesus actually cursed the Jews in cursing the fig tree in that it was not bringing forth good fruit, culminating in the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70. I am so glad that God set me free from such false doctrines.
LouisianaMan

Previous

Return to Churchianity