This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Healthy Seaweed? Healthy Algae?

Gardening, Homesteading & Other Wholesome Topics

Healthy Seaweed? Healthy Algae?

Postby BrettDeason » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:12 am

Is the so called healthy seaweed and the so called healthy algae which is sold by health people in pill form as supplements unclean? Is it the same nasty seaweed algae which washes up on the shore? How can that be healthy? Is it not the same nasty seaweed algae I'm thinking it is? Is it healthy? Is it clean?

- Brett Deason
Yahweh Bless
BrettDeason

Re: Healthy Seaweed? Healthy Algae?

Postby Joe » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:07 am

...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby BrettDeason » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:33 am

That link doesn't work. It wouldn't work for me. But, thanks for your help.

- Brett Deason
Yahweh Bless
BrettDeason

Postby BrettDeason » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:35 am

The link to the true tube video doesn't work. That is the link I'm referring to , which is not working for me.

- Brett Deason
Yahweh Bless
BrettDeason

Postby wmfinck » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:17 am

Trutube is dead.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby BrettDeason » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:40 pm

So . . . . ?
Is this unclean seaweed algae that health people try to sell in bottles in pills as supplements claiming it is the best thing ever for the body?

- Brett Deason
Yahweh Bless
BrettDeason

Postby Nayto » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:59 pm

In my opinion, the best thing to do is just eat food as God made it. There is nothing in Scripture about seaweed being unclean, but why drink pills to eat greens when you could just make a nice salad from Swiss chard?
Nayto

Postby EzraLB » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:40 pm

The natural health circles are always coming up with some new super food, some magic bullet that will cure everything from hang nails to cancer. These products are heavily promoted for a few years and then disappear as they move onto something else.

Seaweed and algae are two different things--seaweed has been part of the asian diet for ever--they use it as a good source of iodine. Algae is a more recent "discovery" and it is promoted as Spirulina and Chlorella, both of which are basically glorified pond scum. Yes, they have some nutrients that are valuable, but compared to the cost, I'm seriously skeptical.

One of the issues with algae is that humans don't have the natural ability to digest it--we don't have the enzymes to break down the cell walls and use what's inside. That alone should tell you whether or not we should be eating it. Some manufacturers claim that their algae has been pre-broken so that it can be digested better, but I still remain skeptical. Algae was meant to be eaten by frogs and fish who have the natural ability to digest it--we do not.

I would not waste my money on this expensive pond scum. Instead, I would take Nayto's simple advice and eat a nice salad of dark greens--or make a smoothie with dark greens and coconut milk--and maybe some bananas. It's cheaper, and it's time tested.
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Postby BrettDeason » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:36 pm

Thank all of y'all.

- Brett Deason
Yahweh Bless
BrettDeason

Return to Health & Hearth