This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Headstone Inscription

Gardening, Homesteading & Other Wholesome Topics

Headstone Inscription

Postby Richard1 » Sun May 29, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi all,

I'm finally getting around to ordering a gravesite memorial (headstone) for my wife, Sharon, a CI believer who passed on last December. She requested that a scripture be placed on the headstone but I'm at a loss as to what scripture to choose. She did not specify which scripture she wanted. I was wondering if Christogenea members would have any suggestions for a suitable memorial scripture.

Warm regards,

Richard
Richard1

Re: Headstone Inscription

Postby wmfinck » Sun May 29, 2016 9:00 pm

Zephaniah 3:14 may be appropriate:
14 Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Kentucky » Sun May 29, 2016 11:08 pm

This has sometimes been called the Aryan Benediction:

The Lord bless thee and keep thee;
The Lord make His face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
And they shall put My name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Mark
Kentucky

Postby jesseatkinson1027 » Mon May 30, 2016 2:02 pm

What was her favorite verse?
jesseatkinson1027

Postby Richard1 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:04 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I wish I knew her favorite verse. She was obsessed with keeping the Creator's Laws and always carried the Ten Commandments with her. Also, she walked in faith believng strongly in the faith scriptures.

Matthew 5:17 was important to her but it's kinda heavy for a memorial:

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

I was thinking about this scripture that was given to me by Staropramen at her passing:

2 Corinthians 5: 6-9 :

6 Therefore always having courage, and knowing that residing in the body, we sojourn away from the Prince; 7 indeed we walk by faith, not by that which is seen; 8 now we have courage, and we are still more pleased to travel out of the body and to reside with the Prince. 9 On which account we also strive eagerly, either residing at home or sojourning, to be pleasing to Him.
Richard1

Return to Health & Hearth