This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Fasting

Gardening, Homesteading & Other Wholesome Topics

Fasting

Postby Joe » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:10 am

Just wanted a quick answer on this, not trying to over-burden the forums with dumb questions.

I did some research and many seemed to suggest a 3 day water fast was the norm. I was unable to make the 72 hours. So I was wondering for what period people fast and what kind of fast they do.

I have only fasted that one time and it didn't work. The first day I could read the Bible, but after that I was a wreck.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Re: Fasting

Postby Gaius » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:12 am

Sorry to hear of your negative experience, Joe. Like you, I'm also not very practiced in fasting, but have done it a few times. So, if a word from someone as inexperienced as me might help --

1) Pray before doing it as to desirability of doing it at all, aims and objects etc.
2) Plan/schedule the fast period beforehand.
Ensure you are insulated from disturbance like the phone etc.
3) Have suitable study material to hand (may ref to 1) above).
4) Start off small, like a daylight hours fast.

Hope these few tips help.
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
(Romans 8 v 31)
Gaius

Postby Joe » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:11 am

All your advice does help, thank-you Gaius.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Nayto » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:47 pm

The physical ailment that comes with a fast is part of what makes it a fast. After day two manual labour will become very difficult, but you just have to live with it and keep your secret as well as you can. Senses become heightened. You fantasize about food. It's a struggle to get out of bed. It's a struggle to get out of a chair. Just push through it all, recount all your sin to Father and lay all your thoughts and burdens before him.

Oh, and don't bother training at all during a fast.
Nayto

Postby Joe » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:54 am

I think you certainly have the right idea Nayto. I will keep that in mind, what my focus should be while fasting.
Joe

Postby Kentucky » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:57 pm

It's been my experience that the first 3 days is when you're detoxing the most and are feeling whoozy; and drinking lots of water. After 3 days it usually smooths out. I usually do it with a colon cleanse, 3 times a day, of liquid Bentonite and Psyllium husk powder in about 8 oz. of pure water with 1 oz. of organic apple juice; shake well for 15 seconds and chugalug. After a week, you just feel closer to God, because the temple is more habitable.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Joe » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:38 am

Thank-you Mark. I will definitely try your method next time.
Joe

Postby EzraLB » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:09 am

Kentucky wrote:It's been my experience that the first 3 days is when you're detoxing the most and are feeling whoozy; and drinking lots of water. After 3 days it usually smooths out.

Mark's right about this--and there is a reason for it besides the low blood sugar levels. Your body stores a lot of toxins in your fat cells, and when you fast, and your body starts breaking down fat reserves for energy, it releases those toxins into your blood stream, which can contribute to that "whoozy" feeling. But it's only temporary, as Mark pointed out, and eventually as your blood clears of the toxins, you'll start feeling normal again.
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Postby Nayto » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:44 pm

EzraLB wrote:
Kentucky wrote:It's been my experience that the first 3 days is when you're detoxing the most and are feeling whoozy; and drinking lots of water. After 3 days it usually smooths out.

Mark's right about this--and there is a reason for it besides the low blood sugar levels. Your body stores a lot of toxins in your fat cells, and when you fast, and your body starts breaking down fat reserves for energy, it releases those toxins into your blood stream, which can contribute to that "whoozy" feeling. But it's only temporary, as Mark pointed out, and eventually as your blood clears of the toxins, you'll start feeling normal again.

The body actually has two long term reserves for fuel: Muscle and fat. On a fast like this the body will get more of its energy from muscle than fat. Something to keep in mind.

Fat soluble toxins will be stored in fat. Often it's the withdrawals from water soluble stuff -- or at least that which the body can process within a day or two -- which will make you feel bad. Regardless, after the usual toxins have passed the low blood sugar will still be a killer. Just lethargy feels a lot better than lethargy and a massive headache though, lol!

Drink plenty of water though. That's very important. Not to the point where your urine is white and you're going every 15 minutes though of course. That will make you feel worse.
Nayto

Postby MikeTheAdamite » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:12 am

I'm planning to give this a go tomorrow for 24hrs.I've never fasted for a whole day before but you guys have put the idea in my head!
MikeTheAdamite

Next

Return to Health & Hearth