This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Israelite Marriage Ceremony?

Gardening, Homesteading & Other Wholesome Topics

Israelite Marriage Ceremony?

Postby Richard1 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:19 pm

Hi all,

We are wondering what form a marriage ceremony should take for Israelites. We definitely think that getting married by a Baal Priest in a Judeo-Christian church is an abomination. We are not sure whether a "City Hall Marriage" is acceptable to YHWH or whether we somehow bind ourselves to Mystery Babylon, however, we would like to cover the bases legally. Anyone have any insights on this?

Regards,

Richard
Richard1

Re: Israelite Marriage Ceremony?

Postby EzraLB » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:35 pm

Richard,
Bill has pointed out that an Israelite marriage takes place only in the marriage bed. Any other "ceremony" or celebration is fine, but they should not be considered as ways of making the marriage any more "legitimate" or "legal". Yahweh does not recognize State-issued marriage licenses, nor blessings from any priest.
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Postby Richard1 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:43 pm

Thanks EsraLB, that's what we have been think all along. We just needed a confirmation.
Richard1

Postby Kentucky » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:59 pm

Richard1 wrote: we would like to cover the bases legally.

There's a difference between legal and lawful. Something 'legal' is from the traditions of man. Something lawful is from God. "For the Lord is our judge, The Lord is our lawgiver, The Lord is our king; He will save us" Isaiah 33:22. Not all traditions are evil. Marriage ceremonies are an ancient tradition of the White race; Christ even performed His first miracle at one. It should never be confused with licensure (legality), the priestcraft or immorality.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Richard1 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:19 pm

Mark, I appreciate your point on lawful vs legal. Actually, what I was thinking of is providing for family from an economic/legal point of view. Richard
Richard1

Postby wmfinck » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:36 am

While Christ performed His first (recorded) miracle at a wedding feast (not a formal wedding ceremony) which celebrated a marriage, satisfying the legal requirements of any particular government is another matter entirely.

While many people find comfort in a wedding celebration, or think it is necessary (because of modern tradition), there is nothing wrong with such a celebration if they desire to have one. But the celebration of a marriage and the marriage itself are two different things.

There is absolutely no Scriptural necessity to have a wedding celebration to commemorate a marriage, and the vast majority of our people throughout our history never had and could never even afford such a celebration.

But even if a couple has a celebration, that does not necessarily fulfill legal requirements by which a government recognizes a marriage, and those requirements have nothing to do with the law of God. For example, in the U.S. in order to be legally "married" a couple must obtain a government license and then have a ceremony conducted by a government-registered agent of the State.

The idea is repulsive to many Identity Christians, but we should not despise a couple who decided that it was necessary for their government's legal purposes. To do so would be just like despising someone for having a driver's license or a birth certificate.

The marriage happens in a bed. Celebrations of the marriage, rituals held by a minister or priest, and government licenses are all separate things entirely. When getting married (which is, having a sexual relationship under commitment to a person of a different sex but of the same flesh and blood) we must seek to please God and not men.

It is possible to find alternate legal means to ensure property rights to a spouse, rather than getting married according to government regulations. However these may be out of reach for some people, and may not satisfy the needs of every couple.

If a man and his wife desired to ensure to one another certain legal entitlements according to the laws of a particular government, because that assurance may benefit one spouse or the other in cases such as inheritance or other property rights, then getting "married" according to the procedures of that government is an economic decision between that man and his wife which in reality has nothing to do with the fact that the couple may already be married in the eyes of God.

The man and his wife should therefore understand that the marriage commitment which they have is governed by God and not man (What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. ). It is God, and man's love and fear of God, which makes and keeps a marriage. The government and the churches do not have a good record in that area as they attempt to replace God.

So any government license, or any wedding feast, is superfluous to the substance of the marriage itself.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Richard1 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:48 am

Bill,

Thank you for your comments. I'm curious, what are the "alternate legal means" you mentioned?

wmfinck wrote:It is possible to find alternate legal means to ensure property rights to a spouse, rather than getting married according to government regulations. However these may be out of reach for some people, and may not satisfy the needs of every couple.

Regards,

Richard
Richard1

Postby wmfinck » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:51 am

Richard1 wrote:Bill,

Thank you for your comments. I'm curious, what are the "alternate legal means" you mentioned?

wmfinck wrote:It is possible to find alternate legal means to ensure property rights to a spouse, rather than getting married according to government regulations. However these may be out of reach for some people, and may not satisfy the needs of every couple.

Regards,

Richard

There are things people have done such as setting up trusts. I do not know any of the details, I never had any property to worry about them! Hopefully someone else here may know better.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby EzraLB » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:11 am

Richard,
From a legal point of view, a state-recognized marriage has its financial benefits, at least in the U.S. For example, a spouse is able to bequeath all of his/her property to a spouse, tax-free. If a couple without a marriage license tries to do this--and the government finds out--they will tax the estate transfer.
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Postby Nayto » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:23 pm

My views on marriage are exactly the same as Bills. The ceremony and "legality" are moot points these days anyway considering the divorce rates. When I say moot points I simply mean that they have no bearing on the commitment of of the individuals toward each other. Your commitment to a spouse isn't defined by a feast or a signed document. Although there is of course nothing wrong with a feast.

My wife and I simply had a get together for the family without any ceremony and that was that. As Bill mentioned, many couples can't afford a big affair and I am one of those.
Nayto

Next

Return to Health & Hearth