This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Goodbye old friend......

Gardening, Homesteading & Other Wholesome Topics

Re: Goodbye old friend......

Postby Joe » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:04 am

I am addicted to milk, I cannot go without it. I typically drink 2 litres a day. I tried to cut back and failed.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Nayto » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:38 am

Speaking of alcohol, Scripture says that a drink can be a welcome and relaxing thing.

Sirach 34:25-31 wrote:Shew not thy valiantness in wine; for wine hath destroyed many. The furnace proveth the edge by dipping: so doth wine the hearts of the proud by drunkenness. Wine is as good as life to a man, if it be drunk moderately: what life is then to a man that is without wine? for it was made to make men glad. Wine measurably drunk and in season bringeth gladness of the heart, and cheerfulness of the mind: But wine drunken with excess maketh bitterness of the mind, with brawling and quarrelling. Drunkenness increaseth the rage of a fool till he offend: it diminisheth strength, and maketh wounds. Rebuke not thy neighbour at the wine, and despise him not in his mirth: give him no despiteful words, and press not upon him with urging him to drink.

I personally enjoy a drink every now and then and it can really take the edge off of a rough day. Better to not drink anything if it causes trouble and temptation in life though.

Kentucky wrote:Drink a pot of coffee a day, BUT it's filtered water and organic beans that I grind myself. The difference between my special import and Folgers or Maxwell House is night and day; never get the jitters with healthy coffee beans. :beer: coffe mugs!!!

Mark

:beer:

A lot of the time the organic beans are more lightly roasted as well, which brings out the natural flavour and means it has less caffeine content. How do you brew the coffee? With a drip machine?

Staropramen wrote:Mary convinced me to give up coffee. So I geared up to the idea during the holidays and here we are.

I considered doing this. We'll see how quitting goes. If I get over it and don't miss it then that's that. My problem is at work I drink instant because that's all that's available. At home I've been drinking LavAzza.

Drinking nothing is better than LavAzza and instant coffee :) In this way there is a lot of truth to what Mary says.

Joe wrote:I am addicted to milk, I cannot go without it. I typically drink 2 litres a day. I tried to cut back and failed.

If the milk is raw, it is incredibly nutritious! If it is homogenized and pasteurized then it is a bit bad. Just make sure you take a calcium and magnesium supplement. Bad milk causes your body to leech calcium from your bones and you'll need a bit extra for them to stay strong.
Nayto

Postby Staropramen » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:58 pm

Joe wrote:I am addicted to milk, I cannot go without it. I typically drink 2 litres a day. I tried to cut back and failed.

Me too. That's why one of my favorite foods of all time is Cream of Wheat. Slow cooked with butter and maple syrup. I just wish they'd take that nigger off of the box. :lol:
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Kentucky » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:31 pm

Nayto wrote: How do you brew the coffee? With a drip machine?

Yes, a good old fashioned drip percolator; got a 8 and 12 cupper. The 'Mr. Coffee' makers just don't last very long. And you're right about raw milk; that's why the Feds raid innocent dairy farmers who sell it raw and unpasturized... it's too much nutrition for the peasants. In Kentucky we can buy it for our pets... wink, wink.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Staropramen » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:31 pm

Four days without coffee and one immediate positive effect is that I'm not waking up every two hours to pee.
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Staropramen

Postby Joe » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:15 am

Staropramen said
Four days without coffee and one immediate positive effect is that I'm not waking up every two hours to pee.

That happens to me, ever since I was a teenager. It is really annoying and I don't even drink coffee.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Staropramen » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:50 am

Joe wrote:Staropramen said

That happens to me, ever since I was a teenager. It is really annoying and I don't even drink coffee.

Are you diabetic?
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Staropramen

Postby Joe » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:29 am

Staropramen asked
Are you diabetic?

No. It can be related to a few things ...I don't know what in my case.
Are you diabetic?
Joe

Postby Staropramen » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:51 am

Joe wrote:Are you diabetic?

Borderline. Hopefully my new veggie regiment will fix that. Been chugging down pitchers full of blended kale, celery, tomatoes, apples, ginger, garlic etc. 6 days without coffee and a drastic reduction in bread consumption.
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Staropramen

Postby Les » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:11 pm

I have to try that again. Quitting coffee / caffeine.

The movie "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead"(2011), about an Australian traveling across the USA and only juicing for many months, was an inspiration to more often juice, but I tend to lose focus and go back to old habits.
One of them is drinking a lot coffee (or tea), and with a lot of sugar.

I also tried the Paleo Diet (aka "the Caveman Diet"), but got tired of the chore of always cleaning the grill.

Wish I knew how others can stay the course. Think I have to keep a journal/day-planner to constantly remind me and what my goal is since I don't have a wife to do it.
Les

PreviousNext

Return to Health & Hearth