This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Goodbye old friend......

Gardening, Homesteading & Other Wholesome Topics

Re: Goodbye old friend......

Postby Joe » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:34 am

Hunter said
Joe, what about incorporating veggies into homemade soups as a way to get more of them into your diet?

That is a good idea, though I have never considered soup to be a satisfying meal. I do like tomato soup.

I was baking spelt bread ...and I was gaining weight, no matter how much energy I expended during the day. I have decided to quit bread and go back to my strict meat and milk diet.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Staropramen » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:44 pm

Joe wrote:That is a good idea, though I have never considered soup to be a satisfying meal. I do like tomato soup.

I was baking spelt bread ...and I was gaining weight, no matter how much energy I expended during the day. I have decided to quit bread and go back to my strict meat and milk diet.

When you make soup yourself it can be very satisfying. We had Czech liver dumpling soup yesterday before a long walk to Brighton Beach. It was very tasty. Oh, I screwed up accidentally yesterday. We entered a cafe that we were visiting in the summer after the beach and I ordered a coffee without realizing it! It didn't hit me until the second sip what I had just done! That happened twice after I quit pork. Hopefully it won't happen again with coffee.

I've drastically reduced my bread consumption as well. I eat way too much of it.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Staropramen » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:39 pm

The dietary changes are wreaking havoc on our systems. Mary said this would happen. I pray everything normalizes quickly.
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Staropramen

Postby Nayto » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:20 am

What are the changes and what are the symptoms?

Usually a slower change is better physically and psychologically. You can keep track of the results of changes and also aren't discouraged as easily by the symptoms and new admin of it all. If you can manage it that's fine obviously.
Nayto

Postby Staropramen » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:51 am

Nayto wrote:What are the changes and what are the symptoms?

Usually a slower change is better physically and psychologically. You can keep track of the results of changes and also aren't discouraged as easily by the symptoms and new admin of it all. If you can manage it that's fine obviously.

We're both experiencing regular abdominal pains especially when we wake up. Not hunger but a queasiness. Right now we both have flu-like symptoms. Hot then cold, sore muscles, really tired. I slept all day yesterday and woke up around 10:00pm to listen to some music but I went right back to sleep.
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Staropramen

Postby wmfinck » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:33 am

Is there sauch a things as withdrawals from cheap carbohydrates and an overload of preservatives?

I eat some bread, but extremely little of the mass-produced type. I do not subscribe to the anti-wheat, anti-gluten mentality, but processed and bleached flour that bakes to a texture with qualities similar to both styrofoam and marshmallow cannot be healthy at all. The type of bread like you get with a "Big Mac" is actually repulsive to me. It can't possibly be "food".

As for your abdominal pains, could you be putting too much fiber into the Vitamix? This is conjectural, but perhaps it is easy to load your system with too much fiber when you are drinking it rather than eating it? Are you adding a lot of nuts or seeds which you are not accustomed to eating? Maybe cut back on those.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Staropramen » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:57 pm

wmfinck wrote:Is there sauch a things as withdrawals from cheap carbohydrates and an overload of preservatives?

I eat some bread, but extremely little of the mass-produced type. I do not subscribe to the anti-wheat, anti-gluten mentality, but processed and bleached flour that bakes to a texture with qualities similar to both styrofoam and marshmallow cannot be healthy at all. The type of bread like you get with a "Big Mac" is actually repulsive to me. It can't possibly be "food".

As for your abdominal pains, could you be putting too much fiber into the Vitamix? This is conjectural, but perhaps it is easy to load your system with too much fiber when you are drinking it rather than eating it? Are you adding a lot of nuts or seeds which you are not accustomed to eating? Maybe cut back on those.

We buy whole grain/multi-grain breads from a place that sells non-kosher products from independent bakeries. We also buy Home Pride Buttertop Wheat and Italian bread. Bread has always been a problem for me. I have a sick obsession with it. My wife makes homemade soups all the time and it's nothing for me to knock off a three foot Italian bread at one sitting. Like booze to an alcoholic I need to stay far away from it.

You may have a point about too much fiber in the drinks. We've been adding Flax seeds to the drinks which is new to us.

Thanks for the advice.
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Staropramen

Postby Joe » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:58 am

I did change to raw milk, it is a little more expensive but it is worth it.

I feel a lot better. Every-time I went to buy milk I had Nayto's info in my head until I finally decided to try raw milk again. And so now I drink raw milk exclusively.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Previous

Return to Health & Hearth