This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Chlorella or spirulina a herb? re: Dietary Law

Gardening, Homesteading & Other Wholesome Topics

Chlorella or spirulina a herb? re: Dietary Law

Postby Joe » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:22 am

Would you consider chlorella or spirulina herbs?, are they compatible with a Biblically sound diet?.

They are algae.

Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold I have given to you every seed-bearing herb sowing seed which is upon all the earth, and every tree which has in itself the fruit of seed that is sown, to you it shall be for food.

Algae do not have seed, they are all classified differently however. Some are complex, some reproduce more simply. The reason I am asking is because chlorella really makes me feel better, but I am thinking I probably shouldn't take it anymore at this point.

...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Re: Chlorella or spirulina a herb? re: Dietary Law

Postby SwordBrethren » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:30 pm

If they are not on the prohibited list in Leviticus then I would say you can eat them.

On another note, do you believe that we are allowed to ingest opium, such as poppy tea/opium tea?
Revelation 18:
Und ich hörte eine andere Stimme vom Himmel, die sprach: Gehet aus von ihr, mein Volk, daß ihr nicht teilhaftig werdet ihrer Sünden, auf daß ihr nicht empfanget etwas von ihren Plagen!

Denn ihre Sünden reichen bis in den Himmel, und Gott denkt an ihren Frevel.

Judentum ist Verbrechertum!

Heute ist Deutschland die größte Weltmacht! - Der Führer 30 Januar 1940
SwordBrethren

Postby Joe » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:15 am

Thanks for your opinion SB.

I think we should have a sober mind. If someone is ill and in much pain I think there are other herbs that Yahweh made that are more effective and less addictive. There are also herbs that can stop an addiction (that are illegal for some reason).

If you get high all the time on herbs, you will be in bondage to that herb ...and then you want be able to follow Yahweh. I think we should try to overcome the lusts of the flesh, and drugs are selfish and self-seeking. I don't think Yahweh would want us to use them that way.

Some people think that herbs can help you find God because they can make you think differently. But in the end they just end-up stagnating in endless abstraction, far from Him. Like people who use LSD, DMT or ayahuasca and think they have had some sort of revelation ...but when you read about that revelation, it seems that the drug had seduced and deceived them. I am not like that, I know some of my brothers friends are. I am more of a lone wolf.

What do you think?
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby wmfinck » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:15 am

I do not think that the line Genesis where it says "every green herb" foresaw the English-speaking world's definition of an herb made nearly 3,500 years after Moses wrote.

I have had spirulina and chlorella as supplements, and believe they are fine. Otherwise, a swim in the ocean or a lake and would one not break the food laws, swallowing a little sea water accidentally?
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Nayto » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:00 pm

I would say that those are okay to eat.

I generally consider spirulina to be something of a gimmick though. It's supposedly pure protein, but in order to get enough daily protein from it you'd have to graze on it all day like a cow. Also considering that it is dried in most cases, it loses a lot of its phytonutrients.
Nayto

Postby Joe » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:56 am

Thanks Bill

Nayto said
It's supposedly pure protein, but in order to get enough daily protein from it you'd have to graze on it all day like a cow.

Well maybe that is exactly what I plan to do lol.

Nah, I only like chlorella.
Joe

Postby Nayto » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:59 am

Joe wrote:Well maybe that is exactly what I plan to do lol.

Lol. I think if someone actually did that it would be very healthy!
Nayto

Postby SwordBrethren » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:59 pm

Joe wrote:Thanks for your opinion SB.

I think we should have a sober mind. If someone is ill and in much pain I think there are other herbs that Yahweh made that are more effective and less addictive. There are also herbs that can stop an addiction (that are illegal for some reason).

If you get high all the time on herbs, you will be in bondage to that herb ...and then you want be able to follow Yahweh. I think we should try to overcome the lusts of the flesh, and drugs are selfish and self-seeking. I don't think Yahweh would want us to use them that way.

Some people think that herbs can help you find God because they can make you think differently. But in the end they just end-up stagnating in endless abstraction, far from Him. Like people who use LSD, DMT or ayahuasca and think they have had some sort of revelation ...but when you read about that revelation, it seems that the drug had seduced and deceived them. I am not like that, I know some of my brothers friends are. I am more of a lone wolf.

What do you think?

I think you are in the clear to use opium if you have ongoing/chronic pain. I would still suggest using opium only sparingly. There are about a half-dozen times per year when I have incredibly nasty pain [chronic pain issue] and I would like the [legal] right to smoke opium during those times. I don't think anybody can become addicted to a substance using it 5-6 times per year.

I don't know if LSD will give you a revelation of the divine, but it may allow you to access certain parts of your mind that you don't normally have conscious access to. I cannot say if it will show you the divine, but I believe it can show you the inner recesses of your mind. At least, it has that potential.
Revelation 18:
Und ich hörte eine andere Stimme vom Himmel, die sprach: Gehet aus von ihr, mein Volk, daß ihr nicht teilhaftig werdet ihrer Sünden, auf daß ihr nicht empfanget etwas von ihren Plagen!

Denn ihre Sünden reichen bis in den Himmel, und Gott denkt an ihren Frevel.

Judentum ist Verbrechertum!

Heute ist Deutschland die größte Weltmacht! - Der Führer 30 Januar 1940
SwordBrethren

Postby Nayto » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:26 am

Don't you think hemp is a safer alternative to opium? I know that it is the only think which can make a migraine bearable, except probably opium, lol.

Also aren't there other ways of ingesting it other than smoking.
Nayto

Postby Staropramen » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:56 am

SwordBrethren wrote:I don't know if LSD will give you a revelation of the divine, but it may allow you to access certain parts of your mind that you don't normally have conscious access to. I cannot say if it will show you the divine, but I believe it can show you the inner recesses of your mind. At least, it has that potential.

"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Next

Return to Health & Hearth