This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Wheat is now a hybrid plant

Gardening, Homesteading & Other Wholesome Topics

Wheat is now a hybrid plant

Postby Joe » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:03 am

Apparently it has been for some time, according to a video at Mike's site from trutube.
I avoid hybrid fruits. It may be more difficult to avoid wheat 100% of the time.

http://www.prothink.org/2014/02/19/whea ... nt-eat-it/

Do you guys still eat wheat, bread?

Pretty sad when we can't eat wheat ...hot-chip sandwiches and meat-pies, my favourite foods ...Aussie delicacies :D. Man oh man.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Re: Wheat is now a hybrid plant

Postby Kentucky » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:37 pm

Joe wrote:Do you guys still eat wheat, bread?

No, my naturopath took me off all wheat products for 90 days and I lost about 20 lbs. My wife is now using spelt as a replacement and we make our own bread. Chips and crackers are now rice, bean, corn or other non-wheat substitutes.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Joe » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:19 am

According to that video, even the oldest form of wheat from Biblical times was a hybrid plant. I know nothing about DNA/genetics, but apparently wheat has genes from different plants or something.

Right now I am reading a study on the wh3at be11y site that shows that ancient grains also cause problems. That is where I started to have questions because the Bible advocates the consumption of wheat.

I also saw a video on trutube about milk being bad for health, which I ignored as I thought about Judah's eyes being red with wine and his teeth white with milk.

In short, I will be using the Bible as my guide and continuing my consumption of milk but will only avoid modern forms of wheat.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Nayto » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:56 pm

My wife and I use non-GM, stone-ground wheat from a local mill. My stomach doesn't seem to have any issues with it.
Nayto

Postby MikeTheAdamite » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:53 am

Many years ago back in the 90s I worked in a large greenhouse for a horticultural company which grew tomatoes.
The most popular variety grown was a hybrid tomato they called 'Ferrari' as it grew so fast.obviously this yielded more fruit in a season but lacked flavour and God's knows what else it lacked!
BUT at the end of the day it was all about quantity not quality.
I'd guess that a good proportion of fruit (and veg) grown today are hybrids.
MikeTheAdamite

Return to Health & Hearth