This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Chicken Nuggets Anyone?

Gardening, Homesteading & Other Wholesome Topics

Chicken Nuggets Anyone?

Postby Kentucky » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:01 pm

Recently, Mississippi researchers found out why: two nuggets they examined consisted of 50 percent or less chicken muscle tissue, the breast or thigh meat that comes to mind when a customer thinks of "chicken."
The nuggets came from two national fast food chains in Jackson. The three researchers selected one nugget from each box, preserved, dissected and stained the nuggets, then looked at them under a microscope.
The first nugget was about half muscle, with the rest a mix of fat, blood vessels and nerves. Close inspection revealed cells that line the skin and internal organs of the bird, the authors write in the American Journal of Medicine.

http://news.yahoo.com/just-chicken-nugg ... 33269.html

Mark
Kentucky

Re: Chicken Nuggets Anyone?

Postby NicoChristian » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:51 pm

There are videos on youtube showing the processing of chicken nuggets. They even add ammonia and while being processed it looks more like chewing gum rather than chicken. The chickens were most likely battery chickens as well so the meat was of poor quality to start off with. The other day I bought some fresh partridges from the market, freshly killed on a game reserve, grain fed. I know what they were fed as they still had grain in their throats when I cut them open. I had to pluck them, dissect them and cut off the bad parts for the dogs. It took me about half an hour to prepare four partridges. The partridges cost £6 for four. In my opinion that's a good deal, I simply had an extra half an hours work that I wouldn't have had from a supermarket, but in the supermarket I would have paid may be twice as much. We've been mostly buying from local markets and avoiding all big chains as much as possible. We often get a better deal and more for our money. Local is the traditional way and the best way for our people. Commercialization and globalism is for Jews and wogs.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Postby Joe » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:29 am

I make really good chicken nuggets from breast meat. Crumbed and deep fried ...with home-made hot chips (the secret is to par-boil the potatoes after cutting them then put them in the freezer for 30 mins to 1hr which will dry them, then fry them ...best chips possible). I will be eating this tonight! :D
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby HeiligeSchriftLeser » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:25 am

Its much much much worse than this people,......Don't think we ought to single out the McMuck series of nuggets/ burgers,etc,...

I present for your delectation & edible delights.....

M E A T - G L U E

Mmmmmm Yummy !

{Hey! C'mon,....glues DO come from Horses right.....!!!} lol
HeiligeSchriftLeser

Return to Health & Hearth