This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

All local meat is tainted by swine

Gardening, Homesteading & Other Wholesome Topics

All local meat is tainted by swine

Postby Joe » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:38 am

They use the same machines, blades and surfaces. I asked them today about sausage casings ...some of the beef sausages, ones I have never had, have swine casings (pig intestine).

I try my best, I don't want to go vegan or anything, I don't think I would suceed. Thoughts...
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Re: All local meat is tainted by swine

Postby Kentucky » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:25 am

Joe wrote:They use the same machines, blades and surfaces. I asked them today about sausage casings ...some of the beef sausages, ones I have never had, have swine casings (pig intestine).

I try my best, I don't want to go vegan or anything, I don't think I would suceed. Thoughts...

We get our organic 'clean' meat (beef, chicken, lamb) from the Farmer Markets, particularly from a Mennonite farmer. The major chain grocery stores are pathetic even for clean meats, with hormones and chemical feeds given to the animals. Check out local butchers and ask what kind of meat they're selling. You might want to take up hunting, but I don't know what kind of clean game they have in Australia. There may be some online meat producers who ship, like Omaha Steaks or Schwan's (home delivery).

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Fenwick » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:19 pm

You might want to take up hunting, but I don't know what kind of clean game they have in Australia.
Geckos? Kangaroos? Rabbits?

I think the only edible things in Australia are sheep and locusts. :lol:
Fenwick

Postby Nayto » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:57 pm

Yes, check if you can source meat from outside of the supermarkets. I'm not sure of the quality of supermarket meat in Australia though. If it is good then don't worry about using the same blades for pork. That is the least of your worries; the amount is miniscule.
Nayto

Postby Joe » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Yeah you can't hunt anything in Australia unless it is a pest or you are an abbo. I am not an abbo. Getting a gun since the Port Arthur Massacre is nearly impossible, they killed many Christians in that psyop.

Also in Australia there are very few places to get meat outside the mainstream, the meat is very high quality, but it is tainted because butchers don't care about pork. They seem to think I am a muslim or something, most working class (True Blue) Aussies hate muslims/beasts despite the marxist bullshit.

If it is miniscule, I guess that so long as I try my best for now ...and pray for better days. Sorry to start the thread, I guess I was shocked to realize that my meat is unclean in someways.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Kentucky » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:35 am

If you have property, you can raise your own livestock, chickens, lambs, goats etc. Or, like in Kentucky, we can work on a farm for food (we do that with organic vegetables to supplement our own supply).

Mark
Kentucky

Return to Health & Hearth