This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

head cold

Gardening, Homesteading & Other Wholesome Topics

head cold

Postby BrettDeason » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:22 pm

I have a head cold that I has been with me for at least a month, what kind of remedies are there for this?

I have post nasal drip sinus congestion, where I have to clear my throat all the time and I have sinus congestion in my nose with a head ache and sinus congestion in my throat as well.

- Brett Deason
Yahweh Bless
Love, in Yahweh
BrettDeason

Re: head cold

Postby Nayto » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:31 pm

Eat a few teaspoons of honey combined with cinnamon (mixed together) throughout the day. Get plenty of vitamin C (with zinc preferably). Make sure to blow your nose as much as possible instead of letting it drip down the back of your throat. Rest.

Apart from that just stick it out. There are no quick fixes in nature. ;)
Nayto

Postby Filidh » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:51 pm

also, eating a pickled jalapeno, as non-pickled jalapenos are wayyyy too spicy in my humble opinion, will clear your sinuses right out and release tons of histamines thruout your head and throat.
real name's trevor :-)
Filidh

Postby Nayto » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:00 pm

Filidh wrote:also, eating a pickled jalapeno, as non-pickled jalapenos are wayyyy too spicy in my humble opinion, will clear your sinuses right out and release tons of histamines thruout your head and throat.

Yes! Any chilli will do for this, so long as its hot enough.
Nayto

Postby BrettDeason » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:41 pm

Thank You for your responses
Thanks for all of your help

- Brett Deason
Yahweh Bless
Love, in Yahweh
BrettDeason

Postby wmfinck » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:43 pm

Whenever I get a cold, which is rare. I load myself up with garlic and cayenne pepper, AND honey & cinnamon. For a bad cough, suck on a slice of raw onion. It works!
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby BrettDeason » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:26 pm

Thanks Bill

- Brett Deason
Yahweh Bless
Love, in Yahweh
BrettDeason

Postby Joe » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:39 am

coltsfoot is -very- effective for cold and flu. Works every-time for me, very quickly.

Oh wait, I just found-out it is "toxic", like apricot seeds, fruit seeds, kava kava and other herbs the government doesn't want us to use.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby BrettDeason » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:14 pm

Thanks!

- Brett Deason
Yahweh Bless
BrettDeason

Postby Kentucky » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:27 pm

I use Thieves Oil as preventative maintenance http://thievesoil.com I haven't had a cold or flu in years.

If I do feel something coming on I like Elderberry (either in syrup form or capsules). A diluted mix of purified water with hydrogen peroxide is good to gargle with. Echinacea tea is also recommended. But drinking lots of water and getting plenty of sleep won't hurt either... and it's free.

Mark
Kentucky

Next

Return to Health & Hearth