This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

head cold

Gardening, Homesteading & Other Wholesome Topics

Re: head cold

Postby BrettDeason » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:21 pm

Thanks

- Brett Deason
Yahweh Bless
BrettDeason

Postby Kentucky » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:39 am

As the cold and flu season is coming upon us, I thought of one more thing, which is a preventative measure. Stop eating candy, sugar and sweets. Funny how they push all that cheap Halloween garbage huh? Sugar is like a petri dish for the virus to grow exponentially; it exacerbates the symptoms and prolongs the illness.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Deborah » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:23 am

homemade chicken soup that has celery, onions and garlic. Drink lots of filtered water (to flush yourself out) and rest (lots of sleep). Also stay away from sugar as it feeds your virus (that includes fruit such as OJ). I also use Thieves and clean out my ears with hydrogen peroxide (viruses live in your ear wax).

Those of you who want to prevent colds, remember to wash your hands frequently and keep your hands away from your mouth. That includes after going to the grocery store, after touching money, etc.
Deborah

Postby wmfinck » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:52 am

But why go to all that trouble when you can get your flu shot at the local supermarket? Our supermarket has "flu shot" signs all over the place, inside and out!

It is amazing, how they have made their sorcery so ubiquitous.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Kentucky » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:06 am

wmfinck wrote:But why go to all that trouble when you can get your flu shot at the local supermarket? Our supermarket has "flu shot" signs all over the place, inside and out!

It is amazing, how they have made their sorcery so ubiquitous.

I saw the sign just yesterday at a Kroger's (big chain grocery store that has antiseptic wipes to swipe the handle on your shopping cart). So if you get the shot, why use the antiseptic wipes, you're protected against all the germs that permeate such public venues right? And at the mini-med place where they give the shots, there's an obese kid fresh out of nursing school picking her nose. What caught my eye was: no appointment necessary. Next thing you know, there will be a vaccination machine at the gas station where you can not only fill up your car, but stick your arm in a device that will fill you with the "serum."

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Kentucky » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:56 pm

wmfinck wrote:Whenever I get a cold, which is rare. I load myself up with garlic and cayenne pepper, AND honey & cinnamon. For a bad cough, suck on a slice of raw onion. It works!

Bill, called me this morning and is suffering with the bug. Prayers for healing.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby wmfinck » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:48 pm

Thanks, Mark! My first head cold in probably 10 years. It really had both Melissa and I down all week. We are both feeling much better today. Praise Christ!

We think that the cause was related to our having had to over-dehumidify the house we are living in. Some interlocking wood flooring we wanted to put down was not going well with the high humidity we had because of the rain two weeks ago.

[I wonder now what the trolls are going to make of all this, LOL!]
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Acrimonious » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:27 pm

I'm glad you're feeling better. Heat tends to make me feel sick since it dries out my sinuses and has all the dust of the vents carried along with it.

In other news, these sorry excuses for trolls are so easily ignored that I wouldn't be surprised if we never hear of what they make of your bout with the common cold.
Acrimonious

Postby Joe » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:01 am

Trolls?
For being sick...
I am glad Bill is feeling better. Stay strong brothers.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Nayto » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:27 am

I had a head cold a month or two ago and nuked it with some green juice. It was gone in 24 hours. I came in contact with my ill nieces who went on to develop pneumonia. Those kids at school are constantly getting super viruses injected into them from vaccinations and flu shots. Thankfully my nieces don't, but their mongrel class mates are veritable petri dishes.
Nayto

Previous

Return to Health & Hearth