This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Veganism and the Scriptures.

Gardening, Homesteading & Other Wholesome Topics

Veganism and the Scriptures.

Postby Gallowglass » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:44 pm

There's an idiot who thinks himself as some sort of Christian scholar but who believes and also made two blog entries about vegetarianism. That the whole of humanity in the future, after Christ returns, we will all be vegetarian, even the animals...like extreme carnivore ones like lions, tigers, crocodiles...we'll ALL be grass eaters.

Ok brace yourself here.

He goes to say that "Eating a healthy and natural diet is what the Creator determined for the inhabitants of the Garden of Eden. Can anyone imagine Adam and Eve chasing rabbits around the Garden of Eden to prepare dinner? ... For such scenes never existed, because in the Garden of Eden never killed any living being (pacifist babble here). Besides it would be like to go against the instructions of the Creator.

The days of carnivores, both animal and human, are numbered, because humanity will be vegetarian, and all Creation, as it was at the beginning in the Garden of Eden. It is prophesied in Holy Scripture and comply promptly, and I have no doubt. No one may choose to be carnivore or vegetarian, simply because, in the future, humanity will be completely vegetarian, and there will be no choice in this regard. Like ir or not, no possibility of more choices."

He then cites Genesis chapter 2:30 and goes to say...

"That is, as shown in the text above, all of creation had a vegetable diet. No one, no human or animal, feeding on other animals, simply because there was no death. If any animal could be killed, that means that any animal could be eaten.

From the moment Adam and Eve disobeyed and rebelled against his Creator, and allied with the Serpent or Devil, humanity and all of creation fell into disgrace and curse, so that since then everything is positioned so unnatural and upsidedown."

And posts ridiculous pictures like this, to get his vegan agenda across:

"You decide, eat dirty or healthy" :roll:

"Carnivores or Vegetarians. What works better? ..."

Translation: "For the animals, all humans are NAZIS"

Some background on this guy, he was really fat for eating crap food, sugars, chocolate and whatever else he had for years. He changed his diet totally but not even that is working 100% for him, so now he's pushing this. I told him there is no evidence for this and we aren't designed to be pure vegetable eaters, and at the same time pushing his vegan life style on everyone using the scriptures as he sees fit. He clearly ignores the offerings made by Abel for example and many others,those always included meat. I want to put him in a ridiculous position in my next comment and would need some more input on this.
Gallowglass

Re: Veganism and the Scriptures.

Postby Nayto » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:42 am

Some CI do believe this, but I don't think it's something to really worry about. There are many benefits to veganism and we can learn certain practices from those people without stepping on each other's toes.

Ultimately though you need to eat enough meat to get enough B12.

Also tried veganism for a while and I found it is very low in macronutrients. I lost 12lbs very quickly which was scary, considering I wasn't trying to lose weight. I switched back to omnivore, lol.
Nayto

Postby wmfinck » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:31 am

All other considerations aside, if vegetarianism were the way, then Cain's vegetable offering may have been accepted, and Abel's animal offering rejected, in Genesis chapter 4.

Christ ate the Passover lamb every year until He became the Passover lamb, because He kept the law.

AFTER the Resurrection, Christ ate fish along with the apostles. Fish are animals, too.

It is suspected that there is a lost section of Genesis, which should be between the verses found at Genesis 2:19 and 2:20, where Adam actually BBQ'd many of the animals, which he then proceeded to label. :roll:

The human body requires certain vitamins, nutrients, and other substances which are found mostly or only in meat. Vegetarians have some cognitive deficiencies, in my opinion.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Kentucky » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:39 am

I called a vegan a vegetarian recently and was promptly corrected. Vegan means absolutely no animal or any of its byproducts. Whereas some vegetarians may indulge in dairy and eggs or even fish. This explains more if you're interested: http://www.diffen.com/difference/Vegan_vs_Vegetarian

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Staropramen » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:06 am

I know this much, those Popeye cartoons don't lie. Spinach makes you want to kick ass!
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Return to Health & Hearth