This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Questions on health

Gardening, Homesteading & Other Wholesome Topics

Re: Questions on health

Postby Nayto » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:27 am

That's actually a myth and a very common one too. It basically takes 24 hours for food to go to fat reserves. Besides, the body uses plenty energy while sleeping. If you are a sedentiary person then the difference between waking and sleeping hours are minimal, except that the brain uses more energy while asleep. If you are someone who does high intensity cardio or strength training your rested metabolic rate will be very high while sleeping anyway.

Just to reiterate, meal timing is irrelevant. It comes down to what suits the individual.
Nayto

Postby Filidh » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:38 am

Thanks Nayto. Timing was one thing I was stuck on for a while until now, so it's one less thing I have to worry about. It was seriously starting to grind at me, haha.
real name's trevor :-)
Filidh

Postby Nayto » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:08 am

Yep, people often impose arbitrary reatrictions on themselves and it simply makes things harder psychologically. When you understand the playing field and see results after a month, it all becomes so.easy.

I can't stress enough though... Exercise is very important.
Nayto

Previous

Return to Health & Hearth