This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Fast Food

Gardening, Homesteading & Other Wholesome Topics

Fast Food

Postby RowdyGowdy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:31 pm

Sadly, I'm still struggling with overcoming those fast food addictions... support / suggestions ?
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy
IMDb 1 | IMDb 2 | FaceBook | Where's Joey?

RowdyGowdy

Re: Fast Food

Postby CairinDaithe » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:57 pm

Eating that way is not treating your body like the temple it is.

I've recently been having this struggle with my father, trying to get him off of the junk food. I think the key is realizing that there are foods that are so much more delicious than fast food that can you can make yourself. What's more gratifying than that?! I always want to make everything from scratch now. You know exactly what's in it and it's so much more tasty.

Spend some time looking up some recipes. Here's a ton of healthy recipes to get you started: http://everydaypaleo.com/category/food/

This website also has recipes but you have to dig a little deeper since the articles pertain to general health, as well: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/#axzz2HCeJy4cq
CairinDaithe

Postby Nayto » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:59 pm

There are two factors to beating the addiction for fast food:

1. Fast food is literally physically addictive. Your body starts to crave the omega-6 oils and refined sugars. These are the very same things -- for the most part -- which destroy your body. The key to beating this addiction is to starve your body of the food itself. This might seem like a no-brainer, but you'd be surprised how disgusting most of that food tastes when you haven't had it in a while.

2. Fast food is convenient. After a long day at work or a lazy weekend evening there's nothing like going to a take-away joint to pick up a tasty meal, right? One just needs the discipline to cook in advance or get up and make a meal. Keep meals simple, but functional. Simple egg fried in butter on some toast is filling, easy to make and tasty.

Other thoughts:

Never go anywhere near a take-away joint or supermarket or convenience store when hungry. Your judgement is impaired in this case :D

Start working out. Lift heavy weights three times a week. Use "Starting Strength" by Mark Riptoe as a guideline. If you can't get to the gym them use "Convict Conditioning" by Paul Wade. Supplement your strength training with some HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-inten ... l_training). There are plenty of resources online on HIIT, but an easy and convenient one is simple skipping. If you catch on with physical training it requires a certain -- healthy -- diet as maintenance for your body. Hopefully the focus of training will give you the focus to beat your liking for take-away food. This is exactly how I got over take-away food by the way.

Keep in mind that it is possible that jews use their excess human meat from their blood draining rituals to sell to fast-food joints (unbeknownst to them apparently...). You should avoid fast food even on the slim chance that you could be using human meat.

All in all, care for your body! I believe that if we can't even care for our own bodies, how will we have the focus to really care for the Kingdom of God? I know some might reel at this statement, but I stick to it.

Lastly, you need your kindred to pray for you. I'm on it 8-)
Nayto

Postby NicoChristian » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:52 pm

I've worked in fast food restaurants in the past. I know their secrets, all the food is made from processed crap. The percentage of real food is very low. The percentage of salt, sugar and other chemicals you don't want in your body is very high. Fast food does not biodegrade at all, imagine what it does in your body. Eat fruits and natural organic foods, after a while healthy food becomes addictive, trust me.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Postby Kentucky » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:28 pm

In 2 months I will start sprouting seeds and getting ready for Spring plantings in my garden. Think slow food, not fast. Our ancient ancestors were agrarians; we need to get back to the soil, which the Lord will bless.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Vandal » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:40 am

White-tail deer are pretty fast. I'm just sayin'. Did you ever try to chase one?

Go hunting. That's healthy fast food.

Fast food addiction is a symptom of severe malnutrition. It escalates to sugar and starch addiction because the body is so depleted of nutrients it needs to be stimulated by irritants to keep going, and the stimulation makes it worse in time. Then the yeast get hold in your nerves and send constant craving signals for more sugar and starch to YOUR brain. That's where you see some people north of 300 or 400 lbs. They are chemically enslaved and CANNOT control their food cravings at all, and only fasting far away from ALL food or a severe illness that prevents eating can help meaningfully at that point.

You need lots and lots of nutrient dense food. Broccoli, Kale, Spinach, homegrown Tomatoes, homemade beer and wine, BOILED potatoes and BOILED sweet potatoes with skin on, lemonade, filberts, almonds, eggs, eggs, eggs, slow roasted chicken & turkey ..... forget free range or organic meat, just go hunting and eat wild game. You can hunt deer, elk, moose, turkey, grouse, pheasant, chukar, pigeon, etc.

Make a habit thinking about what sick putrid things the menu items rhyme with. Make poetry like, "Big Mack Heart Attack" or "Whopper heart stopper." Whatever it takes to sicken yourself of the things you are addicted to, do those things in your mind and with your speech repeatedly, until you think you are going insane. This is how you personally attack an addiction, by repetition of negative ideas with it, even if you slip up and give in to the addiction, immediately associate every negative thing about it to the item, act, etc. You have to break your own conditioning by repeately conditioning against it, or by complete removal from the situation that allows the addiction.

Also, as much as you can, as Mark wrote, grow your own food. I'm already thinking about what root veggies to plant, when spring comes, since I can't really take care of any other kind while going all over the country for weeks at a time. But I at least want something grown in real soil that I can put in a bag and take along.

I lived for two years on homegrown vegetables and milk and meat from our own goats, and eggs and meat from our own chickens. I was able to put 12' long by 1' thick logs on my shoulders and hike up a long, steep hill with them, and never got tired from hard manual labor. These logs probably weighed more than a moderately large man. Eating from greasy spoons for two years I can get tired looking at a sewing needle. I know from my own experience the more of your food you produce yourself, the healthier you will be. Hunting and fishing makes it even more fun.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Anti-Racism is a Codeword for Anti-White
http://vandal.christogenea.org
Vandal

Postby Nayto » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:08 am

Vandal wrote:Also, as much as you can, as Mark wrote, grow your own food. I'm already thinking about what root veggies to plant, when spring comes, since I can't really take care of any other kind while going all over the country for weeks at a time. But I at least want something grown in real soil that I can put in a bag and take along.

I lived for two years on homegrown vegetables and milk and meat from our own goats, and eggs and meat from our own chickens. I was able to put 12' long by 1' thick logs on my shoulders and hike up a long, steep hill with them, and never got tired from hard manual labor. These logs probably weighed more than a moderately large man. Eating from greasy spoons for two years I can get tired looking at a sewing needle. I know from my own experience the more of your food you produce yourself, the healthier you will be. Hunting and fishing makes it even more fun.

I'd love to live like that one day.
Nayto

Postby Fenwick » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:34 am

We grow our own apples (and occasionally potatoes). They taste so much richer than store-bought apples, and they don't get any fertiliser except what's naturally in the soil and the rain.

One year a tree fell over with the weight of the crop and it had to be cut back to let it recover. The apples were taken and sat in a sack in the kitchen until we got around to eating them one by one. They lasted about three months on their own just sitting on the floor. Store-bought apples can't seem to last two weeks, and they're very susceptible to bruising.

My grandfather has a proper vegetable garden, growing all sorts. His radishes are incredibly overpowering, to me store-bought radishes seem bland now. There's definitely something about that "Hidden Hunger" I think. As Vandal says, food from outside the system seems to give you so much more vitality.
Fenwick

Postby Nayto » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:03 am

Home grown produce can have up to ten times the nutrients than store bought stuff. Literally.
Nayto

Postby NicoChristian » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:07 am

Even in the meantime, I don't have a farm, but I still grow as much stuff as I can, or I buy from organic farms. You don't have to be a full-time farmer, you can still grow your own stuff. I used to live in an apartment and grow on an allotment. Now I have a garden and an allotment. Farming is part of our culture and everyman should do it for himself and his people.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Next

Return to Health & Hearth