This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Water

Gardening, Homesteading & Other Wholesome Topics

Re: Water

Postby Acrimonious » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:49 pm

I agree. It's really a shame that we have to go to these lengths just to get water that isn't poisoning our bodies with toxins courtesy of the pharmaceutical companies. I think in some US states you can actually get a tax deduction for installing water filtration devices.

We shouldn't be paying these illegal taxes anyway...
Acrimonious

Re: Water

Postby CairinDaithe » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:12 pm

Nayto wrote:It's easy to get hold of a reverse osmosis filter which completely cleans the water of everything. The problem is that such clean water has little benefit for us apart from hydration, so it's good to put some minerals back into the water after it has been cleaned.

Yeah... a pure spring would be ideal, but next to impossible to achieve. :( I had to add minerals and carbonate back into my fish tanks when I lived with my parents because they have a system. The trace minerals and carbonate buffers are essential to maintaining life. It sure would be nice if we didn't have to basically manufacture our own water to ensure its quality.
CairinDaithe

Previous

Return to Health & Hearth