This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Sayce: Semites were White

Discussions about ancient history or the Bible

Sayce: Semites were White

Postby wmfinck » Tue May 31, 2016 9:44 pm

Fresh Light from the Ancient Monuments was written by A. H. Sayce and published in 1892 in its 7th edition. I never saw the book until today, although I have seen Sayce quoted by several early Identity writers.

According to Wikipedia The Reverend Archibald Henry Sayce (25 September 1845 – 4 February 1933), was a pioneer British Assyriologist and linguist, who held a chair as Professor of Assyriology at the University of Oxford from 1891 to 1919.

Here is one place where he asserted that Semites were White in comparison with the dark-haired and dark-skinned "blackheads" (who he ostensibly must have seen as forerunners to the arabs). I would not agree that the "black heads" were non-White (accepting even the Canaanites and Kenites as marginally small-W white in appearance) but Sayce is certainly worth investigating further.

This is found on pages 26 and 27 of the book:
http://data.christogenea.org/resources/freshlightfroman92sayc.pdf
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Re: Sayce: Semites were White

Postby EzraLB » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:53 am

And more bad news for the negroes who pathetically believe that their black ancestors built and ruled Egypt: according to Sayce, negroes were specifically excluded from the ancient Egyptian creation:

"This [Egyptian creation] myth agrees with another, according to which mankind had emanated from the eyes of Ra, though there was a different legend of the creation, which asserted that all men, with exception of negroes, had sprung from the tears of the two deities Horus and Sekhet."
-Sayce, pp. 47-48
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Postby wmfinck » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:27 am

EzraLB wrote:And more bad news for the negroes who pathetically believe that their black ancestors built and ruled Egypt: according to Sayce, negroes were specifically excluded from the ancient Egyptian creation:

"This [Egyptian creation] myth agrees with another, according to which mankind had emanated from the eyes of Ra, though there was a different legend of the creation, which asserted that all men, with exception of negroes, had sprung from the tears of the two deities Horus and Sekhet."
-Sayce, pp. 47-48

Maybe negroes came from the other end, LOL.

I still have to make a short article out of a few things I presented from Egyptian inscriptions back in 2014, that in Old Kingdom Egypt only Egyptians were "people", but in the Middle Kingdom things changed, and Ra was said to have made every color of men under the sun.

The results of empire...
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby EzraLB » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:25 pm

In Chapter V on the Hittite Empire, Sayce claims that the Hittites were White:

"[The Hittites] are characterized by boots with turned-up toes, such as are still worn by the mountaineers of Asia Minor and Greece. They were thick-set and somewhat short of limb, and the Egyptian artists painted them without beards, of a yellowish-white colour with dark black hair. In short, as M. Lenormant has pointed out, they had all the physical characteristics of a Caucasian tribe." (p. 102)

Unless I missed something in the Bible, I was under the impression that the Hittites were not, in fact, part of the Adamic creation. He does say that over time the Hittite race was absorbed into the arab populations and thus disappeared from history. His take sounds similar to what some have asserted about the line of Ishmael. Any input would be appreciated.
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Postby wmfinck » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:56 pm

That is why I said "marginally small-w white in appearance" in the OP. People without a good racial consciousness would accept Hittites and other Canaanites as white just like many today imagine Jews to be white.
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby MichaelAllen » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:57 pm

wmfinck wrote:That is why I said "marginally small-w white in appearance" in the OP. People without a good racial consciousness would accept Hittites and other Canaanites as white just like many today imagine Jews to be white.

This is strictly my opinion, but I would imagine that this far back in history (bronze age and shortly thereafter), there were many Adamic peoples in the mix up anyway... there are many Adamic tribes that simply go out of history and probably make up the composite of what is seen over there today. I also have the feeling that much of the amalgamation occurred when whites of a higher racial consciousness (basically, our grandparents, and perhaps other Adamic "uncles and aunts") left that part of the world and headed north and west. Those remaining behind are in that mix-up. M

y point is, I can see how the racial make-up then was perhaps a lot less distinct than what it is now... those arabs and turks do NOT look Rus, Saxon, or Celtic in any sense of the word today.
MichaelAllen

Postby wmfinck » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:52 am

It is entirely correct, that the original "arabs" were mixed tribes of white Semites who, with Canaanites that at that early time also appeared "white", inhabited the lands that later became known as Arabia. These included, for instance, the Sabeans of Job, and the Ishmaelites, Midianites, etc. But before them were the descendants of Joktan, whose "dwelling was from Mesha, as thou goest unto Sephar a mount of the east." The presence of some of these among the tribes of "Arabia" are mentioned later.
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby wmfinck » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:44 am

At one time early in history there must have been a "browning of arabia" much like today is happening everywhere.

Evidently, Arabian peoples (if they were not yet arabs) were dealing with African slaves, and deporting them as far as China, long before the dawn of the Christian era.

I would not doubt that the blacks of the Indian subcontinent and even Australia were actually slaves from Africa, who were being staged for labor or for sale in other lands.

So, like everywhere else, eventually they started the mingling process everywhere they brought them.
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby MichaelAllen » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:06 am

wmfinck wrote:At one time early in history there must have been a "browning of arabia" much like today is happening everywhere.

Evidently, Arabian peoples (if they were not yet arabs) were dealing with African slaves, and deporting them as far as China, long before the dawn of the Christian era.

I would not doubt that the blacks of the Indian subcontinent and even Australia were actually slaves from Africa, who were being staged for labor or for sale in other lands.

So, like everywhere else, eventually they started the mingling process everywhere they brought them.

Well, that's basically what a latino is today. Mix of nigger, white, and then throw in some injun. And many latinos cannot be distinguished between turks in Greece, swarthy wops in italy, brown Persians in Iran, and arabs from Iraq to Tunisia.

It's funny how the latinos fawn over any child they have that does not have their dog brown eyes (a few have green, and a very few have blue)... almost like innately they know something is lost on them that can never be recovered.
MichaelAllen

Return to Ancient and Biblical History