This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Pontius Pilate letter and last chapter of Acts

Discussions about ancient history or the Bible

Pontius Pilate letter and last chapter of Acts

Postby Lang » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:36 pm

1- Is the letter sent from Pontius Pilate to Tiberius Cesar describing the events of the crucification authentic?

It was apparently found in the "Archko Volume" containing manuscripts in Constantinople and the records of the Senatorial docket taken from the library at Rome translated by Drs. Macintosh and Twyman of the Antiquerian Lodge, Genoa, Italy.

Its also said it has been checked and is in accord with the copy of the original lodged in a British Museum that has verified the accuracy of the transcription, verified in November 1935.

If so, why was him preaching to apparently colored people, according to this letter?

"I was told it was Jesus. This I could easily have suspected, so great was the difference between him and those listening to him. His golden-colored hair and beard gave to his appearance a celestial aspect. He appeared to be about thirty years of age. Never have I seen a sweeter or more serene countenance. What a contrast between him and his hearers, with their black beards and tawny complexions".

Maybe "tawny" could mean tanned. But if it was tanned, why wasn't Jesus tanned as well?

2- Is the last or lost chapter of Acts, describing the travelings of Paul to Spain, England and France, as well as an absolution of Pilate authentic?
"Give a hammer to a white, and he will build civilization;
Give a hammer to an asian, and he will build other hammers;
Give a hammer to an arab, and he will kill his wife;
Give a hammer to a nigger, and he will kill whites;
Give a hammer to a jew, and he will sell it to niggers.
"

J.M.
Lang

Re: Pontius Pilate letter and last chapter of Acts

Postby Staropramen » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:52 pm

http://www.oraclesofyah.org/yahlooks.php

What a contrast between Him and His bearers with their black beards and tawny complexions!

^^^This link says bearers rather than hearers. This would indicate supporters.

A description of Jesus is found in "The Archko Volume" which some say contains official court documents from the days of the Messiah. This information suggest that He came from racial lines which had blue eyes and golden hair. Here is what a chapter entitled "Gamaliel's Interview" states concerning Jesus (Yahshua):

"I asked him to describe this person to me, so that I might know him if I should meet him. He said: 'If you ever meet him [Yahshua] you will know him. While he is nothing but a man, there is something about him that distinguishes him from every other man. He is the picture of his mother, only he has not her smooth, round face. His hair is a little more golden than hers, though it is as much from sunburn as anything else. He is tall, and his shoulders are a little drooped; his visage is thin and of a swarthy complexion, though this is from exposure. His eyes are large and a soft blue, and rather dull and heavy....' This Jew [Judahite] is convinced that he is the Messiah of the world. ...this was the same person that was born of the virgin in Bethlehem some twenty-six years before..."

- The Archko Volume, translated by Drs. McIntosh and Twyman of the Antiquarian Lodge, Genoa, Italy, from manuscripts in Constantinople and the records of the Senatorial Docket taken from the Vatican of Rome (1896) 92-93

The above quote states that Jesus was sunburned and swarthy from exposure. And yet it also states "'If you ever meet him [Yahshua] you will know him. While he is nothing but a man, there is something about him that distinguishes him from every other man"

Evidently being God in the flesh caused Him to stand out as distinctly different looking even from His children. Pilate perceived this distinction.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Lang » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:53 pm

Oh ok, but wouldn't bearers be equally bad?
"

J.M.
Lang

Postby Staropramen » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:41 pm

Lang wrote:Oh ok, but wouldn't bearers be equally bad?

If the physical distinctions indicated racial differences it would be worse. Assuming this document is authentic I don't think the differences Pilate observed were necessarily racial. Perhaps a spiritual component caused a difference in appearance between Him and His children? An intense "glow" if you will?
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Lang » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:41 pm

Staropramen wrote:
Lang wrote:Oh ok, but wouldn't bearers be equally bad?

If the physical distinctions indicated racial differences it would be worse. Assuming this document is authentic I don't think the differences Pilate observed were necessarily racial. Perhaps a spiritual component caused a difference in appearance between Him and His children? An intense "glow" if you will?

That could be. But the intent of the post was to question the credibility of this document. Anyone in CI has heard of this paper? The last chapter of Acts is also an interesting one.
"

J.M.
Lang

Return to Ancient and Biblical History