This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

The Flood Was Not World-Wide

Discussions about ancient history or the Bible

The Flood Was Not World-Wide

Postby wmfinck » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:07 am

I moved your thread to the bottom, Dan. That is where you belong, in "Christian Idiotentity" with the rest of the fools. I will address the flood as soon as I get time, for the Christogenea Overview pages, and I will copy it here.

ImageImageImageImage
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Re: The Flood Was Not World-Wide

Postby wmfinck » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:18 pm

I finally (after about a year) got back to do some work on my Christogenea Overview pages yesterday, and while there is more to add, my basic positions on Noah and the Flood are found here:

http://christogenea.org/site/ChrOverviewGen6
http://christogenea.org/site/ChrOverviewGenFlood

Dan, come out of Clownsville!
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Israelite » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:05 pm

I have recently learned alot about the flood. But i have a question that most Creationists use to support world flood. What does it mean by fountains of the deep opened up they say this means craks in the earth opened and water came out flooding the eath creating the oceans. How does the fountains of the deep have to do with the flood?
Israelite

Postby matthewott » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:24 pm

I would definitely like to re-open this discussion. Before CI, I really had no opinion concerning the Great Flood, as I viewed it as a fable, courtesy of my catlick upbringing. Upon arriving at CI, I read many things concerning the flood, and tended to agree with Bill and Clifton in their assessments. In the ensuing years, a few bits and pieces of flood related literature have crossed my path...some a complete farce, and others that led me to some more critical thinking on the subject. While I do not believe that we will come to a fully conclusive understanding in our lifetimes, I do believe that an understanding of the flood certainly can, and will, take on many different perspectives and can show that these differing perspectives each reveal details that ring true.

With that being said, I would like to first tackle what many refer to as the "aqueous ring" that supposedly existed before the time of the flood. Up to this point, I had only read one "article" on the subject, but I viewed it as poorly written and ill-conceived, though the concept itself held some merit. I may have even addressed it in the forum here a few years ago. I think this post deserves a pause to peruse the forum in search of it for proper reference. I guess I should have gone back to researching the topic before I decided to jump into this, so for the sake of scholarship I will pause this post period and, Yahweh willing, will resume it when I've brushed up and done my homework. I do know where I'm going with this, just bear with me my brothers and sisters...
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
matthewott

Return to Ancient and Biblical History