This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Greetings from Amsterdam

New members, please use this forum to introduce yourself to the other readers and members of the Forum at Christogenea.org. Once a post is approved here, you will be elevated to regular forum membership status!

Greetings from Amsterdam

Postby Adam88 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:29 pm

Hello,

My name is Jan van Eck, I am 27 years old and I am born in Amsterdam.

I grew up in the middle of the Netherlands.

I believe in the non universal Christian identity message.

I hope to learn from you and to deliver a posetive contribution to this forum

Greetings
Adam88

Re: Greetings from Amsterdam

Postby Kentucky » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:43 pm

Welcome to the forum Jan.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby EzraLB » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:41 pm

Welkom, Jan!

I assume you speak both Dutch and English? I am always curious how Bibles in other languages translate John 3:3, as it has caused great confusion among English speakers.

How would you translate it from the Dutch into English? Don't worry--this isn't a test--I'm just curious about the phrase "geboren worde"...and how the Dutch understand it.

3 Jezus antwoordde en zeide tot hem: Voorwaar, voorwaar zeg Ik u: Tenzij dat iemand wederom geboren worde, hij kan het Koninkrijk Gods niet zien.

Thanks!
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Postby Gaius » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:09 pm

Welcome, Jan.
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
(Romans 8 v 31)
Gaius

Postby brucebohn » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:36 pm

Hello Jan, and welcome...
"Do you not know that with those running in a race,while all run,
but one takes the prize? In that manner you run, in order that you shall obtain."
1Cor. 9:24
brucebohn

Postby wmfinck » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:50 pm

EzraLB wrote:3 Jezus antwoordde en zeide tot hem: Voorwaar, voorwaar zeg Ik u: Tenzij dat iemand wederom geboren worde, hij kan het Koninkrijk Gods niet zien.

Wow, just checked out Google Translate. The Dutch must have used the King James Version for their base text, LOL
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby andersonone » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:44 pm

Welcome Jan. How did you find your way to christogenea.org?
andersonone

Postby Staropramen » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:15 am

EzraLB wrote:Welkom, Jan!

I assume you speak both Dutch and English? I am always curious how Bibles in other languages translate John 3:3, as it has caused great confusion among English speakers.

How would you translate it from the Dutch into English? Don't worry--this isn't a test--I'm just curious about the phrase "geboren worde"...and how the Dutch understand it.

3 Jezus antwoordde en zeide tot hem: Voorwaar, voorwaar zeg Ik u: Tenzij dat iemand wederom geboren worde, hij kan het Koninkrijk Gods niet zien.

Thanks!

I'll have to dig out my Czech Kralovsky Bible.

Greetings Jan!
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Adam88 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:20 am

wmfinck wrote:
EzraLB wrote:3 Jezus antwoordde en zeide tot hem: Voorwaar, voorwaar zeg Ik u: Tenzij dat iemand wederom geboren worde, hij kan het Koninkrijk Gods niet zien.

Wow, just checked out Google Translate. The Dutch must have used the King James Version for their base text, LOL

From Wikipedia:

The Statenvertaling (Dutch for States Translation) or Statenbijbel (Dutch for States Bible) is the first Bible translation from the original Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek languages to the Dutch language, ordered by the government of the Protestant Dutch Republic first published in 1637.[1]

The source material for the Old Testament of the Statenvertaling was the Masoretic Text. The New Testament was translated from the Textus Receptus.
Adam88

Postby Adam88 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:55 am

andersonone wrote:Welcome Jan. How did you find your way to christogenea.org?

One day I was looking for racism in the Bible on the internet and it brought me to a Dutch Christian Identity website. This was the step to other CI movements.

1 year ago I started with Pastor Peters because the website of William Finck was not easily accessible. Then not a long time ago I saw in the google results Christo genea sitemap and only from here I can look things up on the website of William Finck.

The first article I read from his website was unity and divisions and I started with listening to his podcasts.
I realized that studying his works demands time and patient. You have to do it step by step. But I already discoverd that Finck s work is consistent and eye opening.
Adam88

Next

Return to Welcome Pages